Do you think there will ever be a mainstream Somali celebrity?

I personally don't think so.

It's almost impossible to be a celebrity and still be halal and the second they turn gaalo, they will lose the support of the somali and muslim community.

To make it big, there needs to be a lot of factors. Connections are heavy. There are lots of barriers that make it hard for a Somali to be famous.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
She’s old. We’re talking currently.

The rules of celebrity have changed. The fans one amasses through what they do are the ones that propel them to success.

So what kind of celebrity? And more importantly how famous. There is a difference between an A lister and say a YT personality or a social media influencer.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
We have Barkhad Abdi :rejoice:
GetFile.aspx

The rules of celebrity have changed. The fans one amasses through what they do are the ones that propel them to success.

So what kind of celebrity? And more importantly how famous. There is a difference between an A lister and say a YT personality or a social media influencer.

We only have Mo Farah at the moment. Kn'aan had potential after the World Cup song but I heard he turned wadaad.

Maybe Maya Jama will in about a decades time if she keeps expanding her brand. I don't picture Top5 winning Grammys tbh.

Mozart

You need people like me
Yes, there will be some huge footballers . There’s a lot of young boys in top football clubs now and their fathers have realised all they need is their support to make it.

Jungle

VIP
Yes, there will be some huge footballers . There’s a lot of young boys in top football clubs now and their fathers have realised all they need is their support to make it.
I think there will be a few but somalis have been taking this ball serious since that yute that played for man city like 10 years ago and no ones in the prem yet.

Trending