Do you think Shihouin Yoruichi from Bleach is Cushitic?

I noticed her features are quite different from that of Jackie and Tousen's. As she is not depicted with their stereotypical full lips, plus she also has a thin straight nose.

Halibel is probably similar to someone who's hyper-mixed (like some Latinos from melting pots like central-south America), or maybe she's a genetically modified Western Hunter Gatherer, idc.

But Yoruichi is a hard one. Some said she's south Indian while others have proposed this Cushitic hypothesis as well.

1663323463008.png
1663323546748.png

Black beard from One Piece is our only confirmed Somali in a big Manga that I know about.

Also Geordy LaForge from Star Trek TNG is Somali which I found out recently

I noticed her features are quite different from that of Jackie and Tousen's. As she is not depicted with their stereotypical full lips, plus she also has a thin straight nose.

Halibel is probably similar to someone who's hyper-mixed (like some Latinos from melting pots like central-south America), or maybe she's a genetically modified Western Hunter Gatherer, idc.

But Yoruichi is a hard one. Some said she's south Indian while others have proposed this Cushitic hypothesis as well.

View attachment 237998View attachment 237999
They tend to draw all black people in Anime with Cushitic features

They tend to draw all black people in Anime with Cushitic features
Usopp and his father do not look Cushitic, while Jackie and Tousen from Bleach look very African-American.
1663331929683.png

1663331973167.png

Interestingly you get South Arabians (Soqotris and Mehris) being quite a bit darker than some AAs, with some looking extremely like Horn Africans too.

Or maybe Kubo intended to keep Yoruichi's ethnicity vague, who knows?

Look at Naruto and the hidden cloud, all have Caucasian skull and soft straight hair and it's like this for all amines, maybe these episodes are knew
I don't really watch Naruto though. I've hated it since I was a child. You're talking about the Raikage, right?
There are manga artists who depict stereotypical SSA features such as thick lips and kinky hair.
If anything Oda was one of them and so was Kubo (less so with the hair texture but definitely the lips).

I don't really watch Naruto though. I've hated it since I was a child. You're talking about the Raikage, right?
There are manga artists who depict stereotypical SSA features such as thick lips and kinky hair.
If anything Oda was one of them and so was Kubo (less so with the hair texture but definitely the lips).
No not raikage, the villagers all look cushitic and in most of the classic animes this is how black people are depicted I don't know about the new ones I would always wonder why they don't look like real black people
1663332947127.png
1663333000434.png

1663332913060.png
1663332927273.png

Left one on the first roll does not look Cushitic (he looks like some sort of weird Mongoloid Native American type), in fact they all look very manga-ish and unrelaistic to me. But I get what you mean.

Left one on the first roll does not look Cushitic (he looks like some sort of weird Mongoloid Native American type), in fact they all look very manga-ish and unrelaistic to me. But I get what you mean.
Caucasoid skull+Dark skin=Cushitic even the show is based on clan wars who knows if he took inspiration from Somalia

Caucasoid skull+Dark skin=Cushitic
Not really. Caucasoid skulls come in all shapes and sizes from the prehistoric robust Cro-Magnoid populations: the proper Cro-Magnon and African Cro-Magnoids like mechtoid Iberomaurusians to the more modern ones such as the Caucasian Nordic and Alpine type, and then to some Veddas and Hokkaido Ainus. None of these skulls look the same.
East African Afro-Asiatic speakers do have a "caucasoid" morphology but their skulls are different to those of the above populations as well.

But if you're talking about an anime-manga-specific classification based on one's own thoughts then I understand. Anyway this discussion is likely going nowhere.

Not really. Caucasoid skulls come in all shapes and sizes from the prehistoric robust Cro-Magnoid populations: the proper Cro-Magnon and African Cro-Magnoids like mechtoid Iberomaurusians to the more modern ones such as the Caucasian Nordic and Alpine type, and then to some Veddas and Hokkaido Ainus. None of these skulls look the same.
East African Afro-Asiatic speakers do have a "caucasoid" morphology but their skulls are different to those of the above populations as well.

But if you're talking about an anime-manga-specific classification based on one's own thoughts then I understand. Anyway this discussion is likely going nowhere.
Bro they look Somali Caucasian skulls are similar enough and look at the 3rd one, 100% Somali

Bro they look Somali Caucasian skulls are similar enough and look at the 3rd one, 100% Somali
1663334640537.png

This one here looks Somali? Are you sure?
1663334667538.png

Somalis at his age would have natural white hair? And what's with the Asian-like brow and eye? (The nose looks a bit Cushitic though, while the chin is sharp enough to be East Africa imo, not gonna lie)
1663334733986.png

How is this woman or femboy Somali?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

View attachment 237998View attachment 237999
Cushitic features are more pleasing to the eye for the Asian man they just turn the black characters Somali:lolbron:

Trending