Do you think it was the wrong choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find writing/reading the Somali language in latin script feels slow and cumbersome with the amount of double a's, e's. We either have to modify the latin script further(which might mever suit us) or use our own Somali script. I propose we use the best of all the Somali scripts have to offer and come up with a new one that has the advantages of all available Somali scripts that best suits our language

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
I like the idea of far Soomali but its unrealistic at this point in time.

At time it was introduced, Somalia was newly-independent and many people could read and write English and/or Italian. Instead of making people learn Far Soomali they adopted what they already had.

If we are going to change anytime soon we might have to look at an Arabic script. Nearly everyone can read or write Arabic in Somalia, therefore if we introduce it our literacy rate will go up.

Far Somaali is a good idea but not realistic at this point, maybe in 20 years I'll have a different view.

y'all saying its unrealistic as if it will happen over night. it will take many generations for it to be wide spread and understood by all somalis.but you have to start somewhere. @SultanuuFicaan 's idea of combining kadre and osmanya is great, but i also like @Discontinous 's idea of modifying the latin script like the turks did. either way were going to need a government dedicated to the education of somalis and the development of our language in order to do this. it will only become the standard script that can be read by all a few generations from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.