do you struggle to dress modestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
So you're not gonna deal with the rest.
Well tell that to the mama sell them beside the mosque.
You are mere 23 years old and have rejected Al Islam do we blame you for the develish temptetions or do we blame your parents for bringing you up in the west, suaasha kaa jaawab yarisow.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
You are mere 23 years old and have rejected Al Islam do we blame you for the develish temptetions or do we blame your parents for bringing you up in the west, suaasha kaa jaawab yarisow.
His parents are big time failures. They need to be sterilized to prevent them from bringing more filth to this world.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything

I actually learned in kenya ,bacame a hafid then moved to the west. No,blame me I take full responsibility for my so called devilish temptations. And thank God they did ,best decision they ever made.
I just can't see how a young person would even entertain this fairytale religion.and than I realized Muslims don't speak for themselves. Group think.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
I actually learned in kenya ,bacame a hafid then moved to the west. No,blame me I take full responsibility for my so called devilish temptations. And thank God they did ,best decision they ever made.
I just can't see how a young person would even entertain this fairytale religion.and than I realized Muslims don't speak for themselves. Group think.
How old were you when you became a hafid

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
His parents are big time failures. They need to be sterilized to prevent them from bringing more filth to this world.
No @Crow sometimes the parents to thier best and fufil thier duties and obligations but the children go astray beacuse guidence are with the creator not the creation.

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
Oh aren't you pious, humble,merciful, gentle, and wise.
See your proving my point, just a band of mindless bigots.

I kind of relate but for me it’s not wanting to wear a jilbab but feeling like it’s the only thing I can feel fully modest in sometimes . like when I’m out in public and suddenly I wonder if my skirt is too tight , or I have to keep adjusting my hijab. And I start feeling “exposed”. It mostly happens to me when I am more anxious though, not so much other times
Wow, Jilbab is something I could never do. I saw two girls dressed like that the other day (which I don’t usually see) and was shocked. They looked young too, like teens. Most girls seem to just wear skirts or abaya

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
13-14 ish . And guess what I don't know not a single word in arabic , I've been a parrot ,speaking back words to the teacher . That I don't even understand.
Turn back 2 your lord the doors of repentence are open until death reaches your throat.

Do you find it difficult, as a Muslim girl/woman, to dress modestly?

I try to but I don’t like it. Every day I hate it. I dress the way I like, like what I see, feel bad then change into the unattractive look.

I always think one day I’ll be old and my body will look gross so I’ll dress modestly then, why should I hide my body now while I’m young?

I’m a Muslim and do believe and try to follow the religion but really hate the way I’m supposed to dress. Can’t even wear a pair of nice jeans without feeling bad. I’ll hear from relatives “don’t dress like that, we are Muslims” (in a nice way) so it makes me feel bad every time. I’ve been hearing things like this for years btw

I’m an adult now but still struggle with it. I want to wear over the shoulder tops, jeans, heels, and have my hair out and look good, like a normal person But then I think “I’m a Muslim...”

Does anyone know what I’m saying? I hope I make sense
Why not as it is better than pretending it for people

Nonsense, show them ankles . Why are we still justifying the words of 4th century cave man.
That from of dress is made to punish the women. Just think about it , the men wear flowing white gowns made from silk or light cotton. The women wear black sunlight absorbing gowns , they are not allowed to be not even free but just an individual. Face covered up, no distinction between women. These people been hate women for ages.
Arab women wear jeans so everyone else should too

Modest clothing can be classy and beautiful.

1a96dc449c6054d0a363471359a3215e.jpg

56919344_460139991391220_4154395869021635344_n.jpg

@basma_k-600x732.jpg
Lovely

This is nice but looks over the top too. They don’t look like your every day wear

I think it’s mainly the skirt/dress/abaya part I dislike. I feel they’d all look better in jeans

This girl looks great in my opinion

View attachment 74816
A young girl's outfit that i saw a 40 something arab lady wearing at the mosque today which i was shocked by and started judging her husband as less than a man for it

I kind of relate but for me it’s not wanting to wear a jilbab but feeling like it’s the only thing I can feel fully modest in sometimes . like when I’m out in public and suddenly I wonder if my skirt is too tight , or I have to keep adjusting my hijab. And I start feeling “exposed”. It mostly happens to me when I am more anxious though, not so much other times
Jilbaab show be out of fashion for anyone under 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending