Do you look better in mirror or in a picture

Do you look better

• Total voters
When ever I take a selfie I look hideous but in the mirror I look like a model. What’s up with this and which one do people see in real life

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Mirrors are deceiving. You'll look different in every one of them. You gotta check at least 3 to make sure.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You are used to seeing yourself in the mirror when in reality to everyone else, they see you in the reverse of a mirror. Selfie cameras show how you look like to other people but because you have only seen yourself in the mirror, seeing your self in reverse is off-putting.

:samwelcome:

You are used to seeing yourself in the mirror when in reality to everyone else, they see you in the reverse of a mirror. Selfie cameras show how you look like to other people but because you have only seen yourself in the mirror, seeing your self in reverse is off-putting.

So the selfie I take is how others sees me lol.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Just skimmed but it's basically like how people, especially kids, react viscerally to hearing recordings of themselves? You're used to how you sound when you hear yourself speak so the recording (how you sound to other people) is jarring even though other people might remark that they like your voice or that nothing is wrong with it.

I look great with mirror and front camera,now the back camera is a different story. I wonder how people see me though, praying it's the front camera lol

Drop a pic abaayo we’ll judge
I see what u doing girl
giphy.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The cousin my ayeeyo tried to set me up with a few years back lacked socials:

It's rare but I've noticed young ladies who lack it tend to be pretty interesting and down to earth.

I agree some very good looking Somalis aren't on socials or have minimal presence. I know some IRL and it has more to do with them wishing to remain lowkey and prioritizing privacy over validation from absolute strangers online. Also, they don't want their images circulating around the web.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I agree some very good looking Somalis aren't on socials or have minimal presence. I know some IRL and it has more to do with them wishing to remain lowkey and prioritizing privacy over validation from absolute strangers online. Also, they don't want their images circulating around the web.

Glad to have your take. It did always surprise me that a young lady as beautiful as her avoided socials. But I honestly respected that she didn't care for that validation and didn't need it.

You can count me in

Trending

Latest posts