Do you live in a southern us state?

Do you live in a southern us state?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

epiphany

/ Proud android / Android lives matter! /
For once I am grateful to live in London. I have a friend whose family member lives in Mississippi... I was so shocked when I heard that. Imagine being a Muslim living there, let alone a black Muslim. She told me that she is very strong with her faith and wears a burqa sometimes and/or a jilbab. She also told me how she often gets remarks such as, "Go back to your country" or "terrorist" and by often I mean every time she goes out and is in a crowd of white people. She also told me so much about how despite the verbal abuse she goes through, she's still as strong as ever with her faith and never complains.

Her dedication to Islam and the lord made me look up to her. Of course, I don't know what she's like since I have never met her, but the fact that she's visibly a Muslim in a racist (?) state is enough for me to like her. At the same time, it makes me ashamed of how I live in London which is full of POC and it's not rare to see Muslims and black Muslims wearing hijabs, burqas, and jilbabs yet I am somehow still am struggling with the hijab and my faith.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
For once I am grateful to live in London. I have a friend whose family member lives in Mississippi... I was so shocked when I heard that. Imagine being a Muslim living there, let alone a black Muslim. She told me that she is very strong with her faith and wears a burqa sometimes and/or a jilbab. She also told me how she often gets remarks such as, "Go back to your country" or "terrorist" and by often I mean every time she goes out and is in a crowd of white people. She also told me so much about how despite the verbal abuse she goes through, she's still as strong as ever with her faith and never complains.

Her dedication to Islam and the lord made me look up to her. Of course, I don't know what she's like since I have never met her, but the fact that she's visibly a Muslim in a racist (?) state is enough for me to like her. At the same time, it makes me ashamed of how I live in London which is full of POC and it's not rare to see Muslims and black Muslims wearing hijabs, burqas, and jilbabs yet I am somehow still am struggling with the hijab and my faith.
Wearing a Burqa in the South??? She is begging to get persecuted lmao
gettyimages-810860866.jpg

Struggling with your faith at times is part of being human. Before the hijab comes belief in Allah, then performing salat, then fasting, etc. Hijab is an important part of the deen, but it's easy for people to get lost in the rules and rituals without taking in the big picture - to first establish a relationship with Allah SWT, the Creator of the Universe and learning to trust in Him and Him alone. Once you do this, the rest follows naturally. Go back to the basics - read the Quran, preferably outdoors and away from people, and reflect on the natural world God has created

May Allah SWT make your journey in life easy walaal