Do you let non-black people say “nigga” around you?

I grew up around a lot of non black people (mostly timojilic) that would say nigga and never in an insulting way, so I don’t see it as a big deal. I don’t get why as a black person you need to be all hyper vigilant of non black people saying nigga and correct them like who gives a shit. It’s just a word. Maybe bc I’m not African American. But seriously I couldn’t care less. Do you guys care if non black people use the word? Or do you tell them that only black people can use it lol

Nah never. I don’t let that shit fly. I refuse to be a token. I find it distasteful and disrespectful of non black people saying it around me, regardless if you think Somalis are black or not

Being a token and not really caring to police other peoples language are two diff things
“Jamilia doesn’t care if I say the n word, why you so upset if I say it?”

say your friends with a bunch of dudes and they causally refer to women as b1tches and h0es around even tho you know they just like the vulgarity of the word. Would you let that slide or not say anything about it?

“Jamilia doesn’t care if I say the n word, why you so upset if I say it?”

say your friends with a bunch of dudes and they causally refer to women as b1tches and h0es around even tho you know they just like the vulgarity of the word. Would you let that slide or not say anything about it?
Yea but you wouldn’t have a problem with black people using it though. If it’s such an offensive word why is anyone saying it then?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I’m from the UK we don’t cry over a word here. That being said I’ve never come across a cadaan who says it but even if I did I don’t think I’d care that much depending on the context but tbh the word has no meaning to me

Last edited:
Yea but you wouldn’t have a problem with black people using it though. If it’s such an offensive word why is anyone saying it then?
The point I’m trying to make is that you as a women probably wouldn’t mind women around you causally calling women b1tches. Black ppl using it is whatever because there’s really no way to know there is any malice behind it. With non black people using it, you never really know if there’s malice behind it even if it’s used as endearment

I don't even hang around nonblacks like that and when I do I don't hear them say the n word. I wouldn't let them say that word around me.

Last edited:

Trending