Do you know any rich Somalis?

I don't mean the famous Somali politicians, Youtubers/Celebrities and stuff like that. But rich Somalis who got their success out the mud? Those who invested, started businesses or worked hard? Share your stories :ohhh: :ohhhdamn:

Hardly.

Also, what Somalis call 'rich' is what others call comfortable.

The only rich Somalis i've seen and heard about are the ones that live in Kenya and some that live in the UAE/Oman.

Hardly.

The only rich Somalis i've seen and heard about are the ones that live in Kenya and some that live in the UAE/Oman.
I mean their are a few rich Somali men in Minnesota (usually own large Somali restaurant franchise in MN) but they keep their wealth hidden and hidden well. Once I saw the owner of Quruxlow pull up to Karmel in a new Rolls Royce, and both his wives came out the car smiling and wearing hella expensive clothing. But what’s funny is that the week before, he was working at his restaurant and managing it. And the following week, I saw him at Costco. He wears the most basic clothing, is respectful and more. Only way to see his wealthy is his watch or cars.

Hardly.

I think for most people being rich means having enough capital gains to live comfortably.

Hardly.

giphy.gif

What kind of Somalis do you live around to make such a ridiculous claim?

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Yes,

I come from a family of merchants (Borreh's family in Djibouti and Gueleh Arap in Hargeisa).
And my paternal grandpa was "rich" (middle-class in the Western Standards)

How rich are we talking :cosbyhmm: most well off Somali people I know are at most upper class, I don’t know anyone filthy rich that drive Lamborghinis or own multiple properties

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
My father and my older brother. I have plenty of relatives who are wealthy entrepreneurs.