Do you have any Civil War stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I remember my parents telling me the horrors of the civil war. There was blood, gore, dead bodies on every street. When the HG and Abgaals were ripping each other in Xamar, you would get stopped by militia asking you to count the numbers to differentiate between the two clans. If you counted it different to the militia's clan, then you would be immediately shot. There was place in Xamar literally called the lake of blood because of the amount of blood spilled. Truly horrible times. This is what qabyaalad leads to.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
What are your stories from the civil war? Did you experience it? I was lucky I was only 3 months olds when it started and we left soon after. But I can’t say the same for other members of my family.
i am a wee little lad so i don't have any war memories but as a child my father would put me to bed with SNM Jihaad fisabilillah stories. heres one: After the SNA soldiers surrendered in Burco the pro-barre Dhulbahantes prepared for malakul mawt. A lust for dhulbahate blood aroused the habar yonis mujaahids so they drummed their war drums and prepared for war. That very night a broken, anally passive dhulbahante suldaan visted the habar jeclo suldaan and begged for protection. As the tears dropped from the dhulbahante suldaan a gust of mercy possessed the habar jeclo suldaan. So he offered the dhulbahantes protection in exchange for a monthly supply of dirty dhulbahante panties. 26 years on ... the habar jeclos are still presented with the wettest and saltiest dhulbahante panties.
I'm born in Somalia
well its a bit obvious.

i am a wee little lad so i don't have any war memories but as a child my father would put me to bed with SNM Jihaad fisabilillah stories. heres one: After the SNA soldiers surrendered in Burco the pro-barre Dhulbahantes prepared for malakul mawt. A lust for dhulbahate blood aroused the habar yonis mujaahids so they drummed their war drums and prepared for war. That very night a broken, anally passive dhulbahante suldaan visted the habar jeclo suldaan and begged for protection. As the tears dropped from the dhulbahante suldaan a gust of mercy possessed the habar jeclo suldaan. So he offered the dhulbahantes protection in exchange for a monthly supply of dirty dhulbahante panties. 26 years on ... the habar jeclos are still presented with the wettest and saltiest dhulbahante panties.

well its a bit obvious.

Wow your father is full of bullshit. Did he also tell you about how he was stationed in Venus during civil war :lol:

Ive noticed you always post bullshit and try to confuse shanshiyo's thread

My point went over your head. There's a difference between a civil war(sub clans fighting), which happened in Somalia. & an entire government against a people using international aid, weaponry etc.

Ninyahow nin rag ah baad tahay ee inaga daa this victimhood narrative so many isaaqs are peddling these days. Isaaqs weren't and aren't victims. We waged a rebellion against the regime on our own accord, which means we declared war. The government fought fire with fire, and men who were nursing qabiil hatred against isaaqs, like Tuke and Morgan, predictably took advantage of the situation and got away with committing atrocities. We ended up winning the war that we started. So are we victors or weak little victims licking their wounds after being karbaashed?

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
@xisaabiye you should be mad at the US for selling weapons to an authoritarian dictator, they knew what he was up to but they couldn't risk losing the strategic alliance and SDR becoming a USSR client.

:mjlol: Somebody said 'Jihaad fisabilillah'. You guys are too much.

I don't pity anyone that died attacking their brothers. They can enjoy eternal misery awaiting them. Ignorant morons.

Gambar

VIP
I had a family member who was smuggled across the Kenyan border to escape the conflict and come to America. She was a young adult, and if the police found young adult females they would take them and rape them, so she and her friend covered their faces in dust and made themselves look as old as possible. When they made it to the border the police shined a flashlight in all their faces. Their disguise worked so they made it through

And that’s just one of many stories from that particular family member
:ohhh:
I actually heard the same thing from a few people!
Ninyahow nin rag ah baad tahay ee inaga daa this victimhood narrative so many isaaqs are peddling these days. Isaaqs weren't and aren't victims. We waged a rebellion against the regime on our own accord, which means we declared war. The government fought fire with fire, and men who were nursing qabiil hatred against isaaqs, like Tuke and Morgan, predictably took advantage of the situation and got away with committing atrocities. We ended up winning the war that we started. So are we victors or weak little victims licking their wounds after being karbaashed?

It is not victimhood, it’s more like oppression olympics like ones suffering is worse than the other. He is severely misinformed because he stated that the war in “Somalia” was Darood vs Hawiye and it wasn’t. Mogadishu was a mixed city where many different qabiils lived which meant that there were victims of different qabiils such as minorities.

I noticed some people really hold dear what their family says. My mum lost a few relatives who joined the SNM plus my grandfather AUN and sometimes she says their cause was useless because she lost her relatives to it. According to my grandma my grandpa tried to tell my uncles not to join. Looking back on it, it was Qadr.

If you ever talk to family members about what they witnessed they’re so matter of fact about it, it is kind of messed up. :meleshame:

Some ppl really believe the SNM were actual mujaahids lol.

If they even bothered to learn anything about these groups they would know the truth. Many of them had internal power struggles, take the SSDF for instance. Others like the USC decided that it was halal to murder innocents, even innocents that hailed from tribes in opposition against the government.

They love their narratives my friend.

I actually heard the same thing from a few people!

It is not victimhood, it’s more like oppression olympics like ones suffering is worse than the other. He is severely misinformed because he stated that the war in “Somalia” was Darood vs Hawiye and it wasn’t. Mogadishu was a mixed city where many different qabiils lived which meant that there were victims of different qabiils such as minorities.

I noticed some people really hold dear what their family says. My mum lost a few relatives who joined the SNM plus my grandfather AUN and sometimes she says their cause was useless because she lost her relatives to it. According to my grandma my grandpa tried to tell my uncles not to join. Looking back on it, it was Qadr.

If you ever talk to family members about what they witnessed they’re so matter of fact about it, it is kind of messed up. :meleshame:

You're right. Some of these Isaaqs have a narcissistic view of the civil war, that magnifies their suffering and the suffering of others barely registers. No doubt the Isaaq suffered badly, but for a fact the Raxanwayn, for example, fared a lot worse. Just try explaining that to them though.

Gambar

VIP
You're right. Some of these Isaaqs have a narcissistic view of the civil war, that magnifies their suffering and the suffering of others barely registers. No doubt the Isaaq suffered badly, but for a fact the Raxanwayn, for example, fared a lot worse. Just try explaining that to them though.
All of the ones I’ve come across have been narcissistic and it’s their main reasoning for supporting Somaliland and it’s very hypocritical. You can’t talk about atrocities committed against your clan, but force clans who live in the same area as you who don’t want to (I understand some are pro Somaliland but it doesn’t matter waayo dee xor ba la yahay) to be part of your colonial project.

Even in the 90s, the inter clan wars of the Isaaq were pretty horrible too but that’s barely spoken about. I am old enough to remember the inter-Isaaq wars because my mum wouldn’t stop talking about it. :bell:She started calling HA Habar Naago :gucciwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending