Do you find Muslim vegans suspicious

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
How can you abandon meat, even their milk and cheese products. Today I tried halal elk. Has anyone tried elk? It is even better than beef. And there are strange people who choose vegan diets. They should be watched carefully I believe veganism is an agenda and we will have those who will try to include meat banning in Islam but they will not succeed.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
strange people indeed but as long as they aren't in ur face about it u shouldn't worry

Never met a male Geeljire vegetarian. Chicks do it for diet reasons or attention .

A Geeljire vegetarian by definition should not exist :ftw9nwa:

I know one and he is on his diin proper and he's a vegan. But he's not Somali. If he's vegan then there are Somali male vegans. I thought vegans were feminine until that discovery. I don't avoid him but I keep an eye on him.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Many people adopt a vegan diet for environmental reasons. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same, but I don't think there is anything wrong with taking an ethical stance against practices in the meat industry. Moreover, the lack of alternatives. It would be fine and dandy for everyone to consume grass feed and organic beef slaughtered in a halal manner, but the environmental burden at our current consumption would be unsustainable - if not outright impossible.

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
can you be Muslim and vegans? ....

what about Qurbani or aqiqah.... no sacrifice of lamb?

wallahi Muslims liberal pike mes

Last edited:
How can you abandon meat, even their milk and cheese products. Today I tried halal elk. Has anyone tried elk? It is even better than beef. And there are strange people who choose vegan diets. They should be watched carefully I believe veganism is an agenda and we will have those who will try to include meat banning in Islam but they will not succeed.

Saxib hook me up. I'm a Londoner where can I get it from?

giphy.gif

Vanessa

Support interracial love ๐Ÿ’•
VIP
High meat consumption is bad, in health and environment aspect , but Allah made lawful for us to eat. We should eat meat moderately, for instance, ProphetMuhammad (SAW) eat meat rarely, only on occasions.

When Umar was a caliphate, he banned eating meat to Muslims, because it leads to gluttony.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
can you be Muslim and vegans? ....

what about Qurbani or aqiqah.... no sacrifice of lamb?

wallahi Muslims liberal pike mes

I think it is perfectly fine to adopt a vegan diet, especially for environmental reasons. I have not done a lot of research, but I suspect the treatment of animals in most of the animal industry is probably not encouraged Islamically. The amount of systemic abuse animals go through to before they reach your plate is very much a recent thing with the overabundance of meat consumption. People historically (save a few isolated communities) did not consume anywhere near as much meat the average person does today.

Declaring the consumption of meat altogether as unethical is making that which has been made permissible impermissible - which is a big problem. Furthermore likening that value of human life to that of a sheep or insect is preposterous.

Many people adopt a vegan diet for environmental reasons. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same, but I don't think there is anything wrong with taking an ethical stance against practices in the meat industry. Moreover, the lack of alternatives. It would be fine and dandy for everyone to consume grass feed and organic beef slaughtered in a halal manner, but the environmental burden at our current consumption would be unsustainable - if not outright impossible.

Ethical farming and research in halal butcher suppliers is the best option not abandoning meat.

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, who is the best of mankind and the closest to Allah, used to eat meat and honey and drink milk. When one of his Companions wanted to give up meat, he told him that this was wrong. Anas Ibn Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reports that there was a group of the Companions of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, one of whom said, โ€œI will never marry womenโ€; another said, โ€œI will not eat meatโ€; a third said, โ€œI will not sleep on a bedโ€; and a fourth said, โ€œI will fast and never break my fast.โ€ When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, was informed about this, he praised and thanked Allah, then said:

โ€œWhat is wrong with the people who say such and such? I pray and I sleep; I fast and I break my fast; and I marry women. Whoever deviates from my Sunnah (way) does not belong to me.โ€ (Reported by An-Nasaaโ€™i).

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Ethical farming and research in halal butcher suppliers is the best option not abandoning meat.

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, who is the best of mankind and the closest to Allah, used to eat meat and honey and drink milk. When one of his Companions wanted to give up meat, he told him that this was wrong. Anas Ibn Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reports that there was a group of the Companions of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, one of whom said, โ€œI will never marry womenโ€; another said, โ€œI will not eat meatโ€; a third said, โ€œI will not sleep on a bedโ€; and a fourth said, โ€œI will fast and never break my fast.โ€ When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, was informed about this, he praised and thanked Allah, then said:

โ€œWhat is wrong with the people who say such and such? I pray and I sleep; I fast and I break my fast; and I marry women. Whoever deviates from my Sunnah (way) does not belong to me.โ€ (Reported by An-Nasaaโ€™i).

Yes, but ethical farming cannot be sustainable for all of us at our current rate of meat consumption. That is where the problem lies. We as a people consume far too much meat. I like the idea of hunting for my meat or consuming grass-fed ethical beef, free-roam poultry etc. but I can also acknowledge that I only have the opportunity to do so because of the existence of unethical and large scale meat farming. If everyone chose that path, we'd be back to square one with a heavy meat shortage. The most immediate solution to this would to cut down meat consumption until science in the field advances.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I trust a Veganist before i trust a Hilibist

Trending

Latest posts