Do you believe that weed, alocohol and Khat are equal?

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
By that I mean, do you believe that we should hold weed smokers and alcohol drinkers to the same standard?

For example:

A)Drinking once you wake up = You have a problem.
B)Chewing at as early as Noon time is like an appetizer for the long night chewing session ahead.
C)Smoking once you wake up = Acceptable behavior?

A)Drinking alone = You have a problem.
B) Chewing alone is considered mediating and good for the soul.
C)Smoking alone = Hey, more for me.

A)Drinking to get drunk = What's your problem?
B) to achieve the highest MIRQAAN you have to chew Khat for straight three to four days
C
)Smoking to get high = Well, that's the point ain't it?

A)Drinking everyday = Intervention
B)Chewing every day is a considered a status only rich folks can and poor addicts can only day dream on
C)Smoking everyday = Pfft, weed head

If we were to start a holiday just for drinking, it would be considered a bad thing.
We have a holiday for smoking weed; it's considered some great countercultural movement.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all three of them in moderation. It just seems to me that there is a bit of hypocrisy here. Both drugs are similar in that you shouldn't drive after consuming them, you shouldn't work after consuming them and they both lead to varying degrees of irresponsible behavior.

It's always struck me as odd how weed is portrayed in a much more positive light when it's consumption is discussed. The more the better, eh? I dunno, what do you think?

Last edited:

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
By that I mean, do you believe that we should hold weed smokers and alcohol drinkers to the same standard?

For example:

Drinking once you wake up = You have a problem.
chewing at as early as Noon time is like an appetizer for the long night chewing session ahead.
Smoking once you wake up = Acceptable behavior?

Drinking alone = You have a problem.
Smoking alone = Hey, more for me.

Drinking to get drunk = What's your problem?
Smoking to get high = Well, that's the point ain't it?

Drinking everyday = Intervention
Smoking everyday = Pfft, weed head

If we were to start a holiday just for drinking, it would be considered a bad thing.
We have a holiday for smoking weed; it's considered some great countercultural movement.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both in moderation. It just seems to me that there is a bit of hypocrisy here. Both drugs are similar in that you shouldn't drive after consuming them, you shouldn't work after consuming them and they both lead to varying degrees of irresponsible behavior.

It's always struck me as odd how weed is portrayed in a much more positive light when it's consumption is discussed. The more the better, eh? I dunno, what do you think?
All drugs and alcohol needs to be banned, you should quit while you’re healthy..

Drinking is by far worse than weed and khat. But doing recreation drugs, in general, is dumb :manny:

Sober and drug-free for life :rejoice:

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Tbh it depends on culture, I assume that your are referring to US culture norms. Even in that, there are still many that consider smoking weed as bad more than drinking, and even in most libral cities, if you smoked constantly you will get some ppl warning you = intervention.

In somali culture, I'm glad that we don't have neither drinking nor smoking culture, there is only khat, and soon that may got rid off

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
Tbh it depends on culture, I assume that your are referring to US culture norms. Even in that, there are still many that consider smoking weed as bad more than drinking, and even in most libral cities, if you smoked constantly you will get some ppl warning you = intervention.

In somali culture, I'm glad that we don't have neither drinking nor smoking culture, there is only khat, and soon that may got rid off
Khat is horrible, I blame the Arabs for introducing it to faraaxs

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

My mom is in Somalia right now and she was telling me alcohol is problem over there now, kids and even grown up adults are addicted to Vodka and whiskey now.:mjcry:

She even said weed and Khat is the least of parent's worry over there, just type "khamro" on YouTube and you will see what I am talking about.

Guess where the alcohol is getting exported from? Ethiopia sxb, you guessed it right. :mjkkk: :wow: