Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

psyche

To each their own
I always thought the topic of evolution was very interesting to discuss especially in an Islamic context.

On one hand you have the whole science community almost unanimously agreeing that humans are a result of evolution, much like other animals.

But on the other hand you have the Quran, which claims that humans were created by God using something like clay. Which ultimately leads to to clash with the views of modern science

Personally, I am unsure on which point to truly believe. Since I am not too knowledge on the matter.

Last edited:
I don't understand how life makes sense to people without understanding evolution. You must be thinking the earth riddled is with miracles. I mean very little makes sense without evolution.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Dude it's been scientifically proven we are made from same molecules as a certain clay. You are taking things too literal.

CaliTedesse

VIP
I don't understand how life makes sense to people without understanding evolution. You must be thinking the earth riddled is with miracles. I mean very little makes sense without evolution.
You have little imaan that's why. You haven't experienced anything. Look at the world step out of your basement. It's so amazing to think everything is by chance is ridiculous.

psyche

To each their own
Dude it's been scientifically proven we are made from same molecules as a certain clay. You are taking things too literal.

So I am guessing you don't agree that humans and chimpanzees are closely related then.

So then how do you explain similar features we share with mammals like the philtrum?

psyche

To each their own
Examples of features we share with other animals

1426102326.png

You have little imaan that's why. You haven't experienced anything. Look at the world step out of your basement. It's so amazing to think everything is by chance is ridiculous.
Well, you see for me it's the other way round. I can't fathom reducing the beauty I see around me to just a miracle, because even if I did that (let's say because my imaam was strong) it wouldn't teach me anything. It would be intellectually lazy; it would explain nothing. The only difference would be I believe in a miracle now. I'm convinced you can only fully appreciate life once you understand evolution; otherwise it's all just disjoint/messy. Evolution provides a truly artistic coherence to it all. Darwin captures this beautifully at the end of The Origin of Species:
Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Endless forms most beautiful indeed. For me the coherence of the whole as it were that evolution provides is more beautiful than the view that we're witnessing a billion minor miracles, as some religious people insist. In fact, it's probably the most beautiful scientific theory ever!

Last edited:
Evolution is true. I don't believe in the Christian concept that the world is 6000 years old lmao.

Evolution is not a foreign concept in Islam. Many religious scholars and polymaths explained this concept long before Darwin actually wrote his book On the Origin of Species, and Evolution is not a process which goes against the teachings of Islam. This notion that the earth is 6000 years old is a creationist myth created by Christian priests.

psyche

To each their own
Y'all be haraming real hard right now. Evolution goes against Islamic beliefs, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Then how did humans diversify and pick up traits for their environment?

So do you straight up believe that humans haven't changed since the time of Adam pbuh?

There would be no skin tone difference between humans if evolution is not true.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Dude even the Head of DNA institute believes in God. Who the hell are you? I haven't researched evolution so I can't disapprove of it, but we are not in this world by chance of an ape evolving in into a human that's for sure. The rest of evolution sounds plausible.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I think its fine to apply it to all animals but humans.

Its to nice of a coincidence that we are the only species of human remaining:ulyin:

Dude even the Head of DNA institute believes in God. Who the hell are you? I haven't researched evolution so I can't disapprove of it, but we are not in this world by chance of an ape evolving in into a human that's for sure. The rest of evolution sounds plausible.
I'm sure there are even evolutionary biologists that believe in God. Those are different issues. Also, evolution doesn't have to provide a purpose or some type of theology-like reason as to why we're in this world. It's not meant to by design. Science is pretty much divorced from things like that. Also, if you plot the history of life on earth into a 24-hour time-lapse, humans have only been around for the last 3 seconds. Accepting evolution for the first 23:59:57 and not the last 00:00:03 and for one species out of billions (like @kickz seems to be saying as well) doesn't make sense.

psyche

To each their own
I think its fine to apply it to all animals but humans.

Its to nice of a coincidence that we are the only species of human remaining:ulyin:

Neanderthal have successfully interbred with humans, leading to most Eurasians having around 2% of the DNA on average. So in a way they are still alive.

But there is a debate going on about whether they should be considered human since they are very similar to us. They even share the same genus and species name as modern humans.

One thing to note is that species are decided by observation rather than a strict line. So Neanderthals can be considered a sub species or humans depend on who you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts