Do you agree that spirituality takes a lot from Islam?

He's another lazy lamagoodle,
tired of them tbh.

They strike you with their unsolicited posts then leave.
Doesn't he understand that our subject is to talk about Spirituality,
not rituals from local Indians?

:susp:
Ikr? It’s ridiculous lmao I explained to to him in the same way with the “goat fucking” example. You are bound to have crazy people living in any country, that’s knowledge. And the article clearly stated that it was a tribalistic ritual

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Anyone who’s educated about Islam, could you explain as to why you may think that spirituality takes form Islam and or why you don’t believe that Islam and spirituality have the same core beliefs.
As if we actually have such claims, dude finds some weirdos on the internet and came to ask why WE act weird

Btw,

what do you think about Sufi spirituality?

:cosbyhmm:
Tbh, Sufi spirituality is definitely one of the most beautiful spiritual sects I’ve ever read about. People like Rumi are so wel educated and their poets and music is a gift from the heavens :lawd: I am currently studying and learning about it alongside other Spiritual religions.

Goat-fucking, camel urine-drinking, dying from malaria niggas are now insulting cow-urine drinking, Ganga-swimming, unhygienic Hindus.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

giphy.gif

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Real people die with honor

I feel you, sheikh.

:denzelnigga:

I have my limits too. I will not ever do anything sexual with someone to stay alive, for instance. You can put a cap in my skull, I ain't giving no saxiib a blowjob or even giving some chica my at gunpoint. I was just surprised that for you the line is camel dung. Gotta have more vigor for life than that, saxiib. But to each his own.

giphy.gif

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Tbh, Sufi spirituality is definitely one of the most beautiful spiritual sects I’ve ever read about. People like Rumi are so wel educated and their poets and music is a gift from the heavens :lawd: I am currently studying and learning about it alongside other Spiritual religions.

Rumi is a great thinker and scholar, kinda ashamed I didn't read him when I was younger.
Muslim Persian poets and scholars were the most prolific and interesting!
Have you read his "book of love"?

Some Muslims are claiming that spirituality takes a lot from Islam, which doesn’t make sense because most things that people do in spirituality isn’t considered to be “good” in Islam

Spirituality mostly takes it core beliefs from Hinduism and Buddhism.

Anyone who’s educated about Islam, could you explain as to why you may think that spirituality takes form Islam and or why you don’t believe that Islam and spirituality have the same core beliefs.
What even is "spirituality"? I notice many cadaan western "spiritualists" just nitpick things from Hinduism, Buddhism, and a few African spiritualities and call it a day.

Spirituality isn't really one unique thing.

What even is "spirituality"? I notice many cadaan western "spiritualists" just nitpick things from Hinduism, Buddhism, and a few African spiritualities and call it a day.

Spirituality isn't really one unique thing.
this is what spirituality is:
“Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature”

“Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature”
If so, then I think Islam has elements of it, but unless we're talking abotu Sufi Islam I don't think Islam is very spiritual.

(I'm not an expert on Islam, I'm simply a Muslim giving his opinion)

Some Muslims are claiming that spirituality takes a lot from Islam, which doesn’t make sense because most things that people do in spirituality isn’t considered to be “good” in Islam

Spirituality mostly takes it core beliefs from Hinduism and Buddhism.

The new spiritual movements is a joke
There is a reason why spirituality was always connected to religion & not some wannabe woke vegan Becky who watched on YouTube how to open your 3rd eye .

Most of the acts muslims should do are spiritual
Praying, dhikir, dua ,wudu, fasting etc.
There are many sects who take it to the next level & do dancing & magic etc.

So it doesn't matter if the spiritualist take from Islam , Hinduism or buddhism
They have no substance & dont know what they talking about

there’s a difference between practicing spirituality and being spiritual, the only Muslims I witness to be spiritual are Sufi’s, yes most of their core beliefs are similar to being spiritual.

chanting isn’t spiritual, you’re just inviting a deity to come to you.

I’m specifically talking about the core beliefs of Hinduism, Spirituality takes its influence from Hinduism, Buddhism and other mystical religions.

Sufism heavily involves spirituality. Most of the guys on here are heavily salaf so take all the joy out of spirituality. Its very text following heavy.

Rumi is a great thinker and scholar, kinda ashamed I didn't read him when I was younger.
Muslim Persian poets and scholars were the most prolific and interesting!
Have you read his "book of love"?
Omggg no! I just read the Dutch translated books of him.

the knowledge of Iranian Muslims back then is amazing, but even then! The golden age in Iran and Iraq is smt really to admire!

Omggg no! I just read the Dutch translated books of him.

the knowledge of Iranian Muslims back then is amazing, but even then! The golden age in Iran and Iraq is smt really to admire!
Yep the golden age of Islam was essentially due to persians and is basically the effects of empire building. In fact many were seen as heretics during their times.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
in my opinion: no.

meditation, the practice of yoga, the concept of self love and working to achieve your life purposes and become the best version of yourself and to become spiritual connected with ourself aren’t things that is practiced in Islam.
I Astral Project. I got some Psychic abilities too. Like I'll know who is about to call or knock before they do.

in my opinion: no.

meditation, the practice of yoga, the concept of self love and working to achieve your life purposes and become the best version of yourself and to become spiritual connected with ourself aren’t things that is practiced in Islam.

Working to be best version of ourselves is heavily encouraged, actually demanded in Islam. This includes also trying to reach our life goals. Self love is also present in Islam.

Not sure if meditation or something adjacent to it is practiced in Islam.

Spirituality without a religion in my opinion is null and void. It doesn’t make sense. I have a question for you, what do you believe and what do you practice?

Working to be best version of ourselves is heavily encouraged, actually demanded in Islam. This includes also trying to reach our life goals. Self love is also present in Islam.

Not sure if meditation or something adjacent to it is practiced in Islam.

Spirituality without a religion in my opinion is null and void. It doesn’t make sense. I have a question for you, what do you believe and what do you practice?
Currently this is what I personally believe in;

there’s definitely someone or something that is cosmic and divine in nature that made this whole thing possible, aka a god. I believe in that concept wholeheartedly because it does make sense for me. The concept of Hell and heaven also makes sense to me, but I do believe in reincarnation since many turns in history showed that people have indeed got incarnated. I also believe that alcohol is bad, not because it brings you in a bad state but just because it eats up your spirit and leaves you rotten.

For the rest what I believe in sounds maybe silly to others, but I am still figuring everything out.

Trending

Latest posts