Do you acknowledge yourself that you are an outsider and will never be accepted as one in the West?

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
This a serious question and I want an honest response.

I grew up in the West all my life but I still feel like an outsider. I know that white people in the West (North America, Western-Central Europe and Australia) will see me as a different person and I am not offended by it at all. I completely understand because my culture, religion and skin is 'foreign' to them so what do I do? I just move on and try to change the subject.

What grinds my gears is how Asians and Black immigrants always boast being one of them (eg: I'm German!, I'm Swedish, I'm Dutch) and having a citizenship "automatically" makes them one but when an Anglo express their true colors, they lose their shit and can't accept the fact they'll never be accepted.

It's almost as if they completely forgot what had happened 60 years ago or when it was just 2 generations ago when everyone was able to express their true colors freely and most of them are alive today. I feel in this political climate, they'll be in a rude awakening when everyone will be able to show their true colors again.

Last edited:

Alluring

Sayonara
Yes because I'm not an idiot. They are always whining about assimilating but when you assimilate and leave your ethnic culture they will never embrace you in theirs.

I wear a hijab and always stood out at university and work. I never felt accepted even when welcomed. I want my children to have a solid Islamic upbringing and not to be stigmatised for it.

Easier to live in North America since it doesnt really belong to Cadaans
Also they will be a minority in America and Canada by 2050, feel sorry for European Somalis though

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I mean even Jews who have been in the West for over a 1000 years still keep their identity and they’re proud of that. We as Somalis should do the same

I’m a Somali first. I know my roots and my heritage. I love being Somali. Just because I have a British nationality doesn’t change anything for me.

No. I feel like I am home and have been treated like everybody else. In fact, some go out of their way to be overly nice to me because I am black which I find to be insulting and makes me uncomfortable. I have only experienced discrimination and the feeling that I don't belong from an immigrant and other Somalis due to qabiil.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
No. I feel like I am home and have been treated like everybody else. In fact, some go out of their way to be overly nice to me because I am black which I find to be insulting and makes me uncomfortable. I have only experienced discrimination and the feeling that I don't belong from an immigrant and other Somalis due to qabiil.
Qabil? I thought it'd be your khaniisnimo

Remindse of gay Arabs supporting Israel. Gave me a hearty laugh when I first saw that.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
US is literally a nation of immigrants so the only real "natives" are mostly dead/married out of existence. Still though Islamically speaking you will always be an outsider.

History repeats itself.

I can guarantee you 99 percent there is going to be some sort of far-right political party that will gain power in all the major europeans countries.

Tensions are rising, economies are on the verge of collapsing, people are desperate and got nothing to lose especially the native white working class, natives from most European countries are disliking the immigrants

Eventually they will gather themselves up and start conducting guriella-warfare style tactics against the minority dominated areas.

Civil war will erupt very soon the bubble will burst.

Growing up in the 90s, things weren't so polarised, it was easy to belong and assimilate in Western Europe. In fact, we were treated special, better than natives. But the 2000's brought far too many immigrants, and those immigrants started having dozens of children each. It's only going to get worse, just last 2 years north london went from having no Eritreans to them being the majority now.

Keo

VIP
Easier to live in North America since it doesnt really belong to Cadaans
Also they will be a minority in America and Canada by 2050, feel sorry for European Somalis though
Cadaan are becoming a minority everywhere not just America. I'd would even go as far to say that cadaans in America have a higher birthrate than those in Europe.

Was watching highlights of England u21 team and out of the 11 players on the pitch only 2 were white and the other 9 were black or mixed race. And they don't even have English sounding names but proper African names like Fikayo, Bukayo, and Nketiah
:mindblown: unsustainable
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This a serious question and I want an honest response.

I grew up in the West all my life but I still feel like an outsider. I know that white people in the West (North America, Western-Central Europe and Australia) will see me as a different person and I am not offended by it at all. I completely understand because my culture, religion and skin is 'foreign' to them so what do I do? I just move on and try to change the subject.

What grinds my gears is how Asians and Black immigrants always boast being one of them (eg: I'm German!, I'm Swedish, I'm Dutch) and having a citizenship "automatically" makes them one but when an Anglo express their true colors, they lose their shit and can't accept the fact they'll never be accepted.

It's almost as if they completely forgot what had happened 60 years ago or when it was just 2 generations ago when everyone was able to express their true colors freely and most of them are alive today. I feel in this political climate, they'll be in a rude awakening when everyone will be able to show their true colors again.

Accepted? Child u have a low self esteem. Don't u know the West itself is separated and divided? Whites with Whites, Blacks with Blacks, Africans with Africans, Somalis with Somalis.

Know your place

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Be proud of who you are and never compromise for anyone when discussing your identity. You are a Somali, a warrior, you should be grateful that you live in a well prosperous country. But you should also be more grateful that you're Somali. If you told me to give up my Somaliness for America I'd probably just be a pirate somewhere in Somalia.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
One thing I love about Somali people is how we judge other races based on our beauty.

The more Somali you look. The more beautiful you are considered. The less Somali you look. The less attractive that you are.
You see a beautiful east African girl and you compliment her, "You're stunning, are you Somali?" No she was Sudanese.

But you assume that only Somali girls can be beautiful. Therefore you asked her if she was Somali. This typa behavior distinguishes us from other Africans who judge beauty based on what the white man has delivered to them. We judge qurux and beauty based on OUR phenotypes and how we look as people

That's the ultimate progress if you ask me

Last edited: