Do Yemenis have Cushitic admixture?

I notice that in admixture runs for Somali DNA, Yemenis always are preferred over other similar groups i.e Saudis and Bedouins. This is true even though Somalis likely have no admixture from Yemenis.

So I wonder, is it the other way round. Do Yemenis have small traces of Cushitic admixture?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Discuss.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I’m sure they do, but from the Agew/habeshas. They were controlled by the axumites for a period of time.
Nonsense land also spanned territories of Beja and other Cushite people even Oromo and some say Somali territory so the people their being part of Axum probably lend troops for their conquests which means they also contributed to admixture.

Nonsense land also spanned territories of Beja and other Cushite people even Oromo and some say Somali territory so the people their being part of Axum probably lend troops for their conquests which means they also contributed to admixture.

Axum was Habesh/ Agew with Bejja and Afar inhabitants. Oromos or Somalis were never part of the Axumite kingdom. Axum was northern Ethiopia and Eritrea, some of n/eastern Sundan and Yemen. Somali lands weren’t controlled by them.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Axum was Habesh/ Agew with Bejja and Afar inhabitants. Oromos or Somalis were never part of the Axumite kingdom. Axum was northern Ethiopia and Eritrea, some of n/eastern Sundan and Yemen. Somali lands weren’t controlled by them.
So now you say Beja and Afar you fake Oromo. So you agree they contributed to admixture too, possibly. Even some Oromo lands and some argue Somali lands, this is documented by scholars who are you yaa peasant?

So now you say Beja and Afar you fake Oromo. So you agree they contributed to admixture too, possibly. Even some Oromo lands and some argue Somali lands, this is documented by scholars who are you yaa peasant?

It’s known the bejja were there. I’m not fully sure of the Afar but I would believe they were due to their location.

How does this make me a fake Oromo you fool. Oromos had contact with the Abbisiniyan empire but not Axum. If you want to link to Axum, change your name to Ali Berhe and you should fit in fine. Ask to become one of them, they’ll look at you as the fool you are, a baboon running his mouth with no facts.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
@EDsomali

I don't believe they do. At the most they have around 12%. Cushites never lived Yemen during ancient times*. Yemen was largely populated from the North (Saudi Arabia, South Levant).

The extremely 'black' looking Yemenis are most often due to admixture from Southeast Africa (e.g. Zanzibar and vicinity).

*Habeshas might have spread some HOA genes into Yemen, but I don't think it was much (maybe 4%).

@EDsomali

I don't believe they do. At the most they have around 12%. Cushites never lived Yemen during ancient times*. Yemen was largely populated from the North (Saudi Arabia, South Levant).

The extremely ''black'' looking Yemenis are most often due to admixture from Southeast Africa (e.g. Zanzibar and vicinity).

*Habeshas might have spread some HOA genes into Yemen, but I don't think it was much (maybe 4%).

Do you know why does admixture runs favour adding a Yemeni component for Somalis when Somalis have no known Yemeni ancestry?

It is preferred over the run with just Natufian and is consistent in other runs done by other people.

:cosbyhmm::cosbyhmm:

Apollo

VIP
Do you know why does admixture runs favour adding a Yemeni component for Somalis when Somalis have no known Yemeni ancestry?

It is preferred over the run with just Natufian and is consistent in other runs done by other people.

I think all of the ancient MENA in Somalis is from Egypt. Including that mysterious T lineage. Sampling from Northeast Africa is too limited.

About Natufians, they are super ancient (14 kya). Perhaps the Egyptians of around 8-6 kya had different sub-components more similar to Yemenis (maybe more Iran-ChL).

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement

The Dir Haplogroup T-184 subclade has a high likelihood of originating from Yemen since a Saudi Arabian was found to be carrying it. There was never any horn African to middle eastern migrations since the past 60,000 years. Only Middle Eastern to Horn African migrations. There are also some Warsengeli males who carry J1.

I think all of the ancient MENA in Somalis is from Egypt. Including that mysterious T lineage. Sampling from Northeast Africa is too limited.

About Natufians, they are super ancient (14 kya). Perhaps the Egyptians of around 8-6 kya had different sub-components more similar to Yemenis (maybe more Iran-ChL).

We need ancient DNA from Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia to more accurately paint Somali autosomal DNA but all those countries are unstable.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Apollo

VIP
We need ancient DNA from Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia to more accurately paint Somali autosomal DNA but all those countries are unstable.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Sudan is luckily an area where Western scholars are interested in and they have a relatively good archaeological sector there.

Did you know some paleolithic Somali bones are stored in various European archives? Perhaps within the next 20 years or so they might get sequenced as well. As Ancient genomic costs are declining and people are becoming more interested in this field.

Sudan is luckily an area where Western scholars are interested in and they have a relatively good archaeological sector there.

Did you know some paleolithic Somali bones are stored in various European archives? Perhaps within the next 20 years or so they might get sequenced as well. As Ancient genomic costs are declining and people are becoming more interested in this field.

Interesting.

Hopefully, we can test them.

I'm intrigued about our AEA side as well. Less is known about it than our Eurasian ancestry.

Apollo

VIP
The Dir Haplogroup T-184 subclade has a high likelihood of originating from Yemen since a Saudi Arabian was found to be carrying it. There was never any horn African to middle eastern migrations since the past 60,000 years. Only Middle Eastern to Horn African migrations. There are also some Warsengeli males who carry J1.

I think some Ethiopian-like hunter-gatherers might have made it naturally to Yemen during the paleolithic. In Yemen there are some rare L6 lineages not found in Ethiopia.

But Semites from the South Levant with livestock outnumbered them in the past 5,000 years and a population replacement took place in Yemen. Sort of like how Bantus completely outnumbered the hunter-gatherers in Angola. Wanted to say South Africa, but lol, they have too much San admix there.

I think some Ethiopian-like hunter-gatherers might have made it naturally to Yemen during the paleolithic. In Yemen there are some rare L6 lineages not found in Ethiopia.

But Semites from the South Levant with livestock outnumbered them in the past 5,000 years and a population replacement took place in Yemen. Sort of like how Bantus completely outnumbered the huntetr-gatherers in Angola. Wanted to say South Africa, but lol, they have too much San admix there.

I've been leaning towards this as well.

Unfortunately, Yemen is also at war so no samples from them either.

:tacky::tacky:

Timo Jareer and proud

But Semites from the South Levant with livestock outnumbered them in the past 5,000 years and a population replacement took place in Yemen. Sort of like how Bantus completely outnumbered the hunter-gatherers in Angola. Wanted to say South Africa, but lol, they have too much San admix there.

Timo Jareer and proud

upload_2019-7-4_14-43-52.png

:noneck::mahubowtf::faysalwtf::dead: