Do we have any people who work in tech here?

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
What do you enjoy about your jobs.?

I enjoy the freedom of doing what i want when i want, dont wanna come into work? fine work from home.

Constant salary increases to try to keep you happy.

Creativity when i get lost in the zone and code.

It really dosent feel like work more like play.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I cant say fully say, but I am studying it but I work only once a month in tech in a tech shop, but I can say, the pay is very good, free moving, and experimenting. It is so looseingm like a world away from what you are! Always enguring me

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I work in the fintech space but more on the business side of our product. Managed services is about as close as I ever got to being technical. It's not difficult to understand infrastructure, install components and troubleshoot basic software issues. I've queried databases and ran stored procedures but I could never code, it just looks like a foreign language to me.

It's also unfortunate that corporates don't value developers. They have stand ups everyday, get chased constantly to provide workarounds as patches as opposed to inputting their time into R&D to develop real ground-breaking features and functionalities.

Last edited:
What do you enjoy about your jobs.?

I enjoy the freedom of doing what i want when i want, dont wanna come into work? fine work from home.

Constant salary increases to try to keep you happy.

Creativity when i get lost in the zone and code.

It really dosent feel like work more like play.

My favorite day is pay day. I work as a data scientist.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
I work in the fintech space but more on the business side of our product. Managed services is about as close as I ever got to being technical. It's not difficult to understand infrastructure, install components and troubleshoot basic software issues. I've queried databases and ran stored procedures but I could never code, it just looks like a foreign language to me.

It's also unfortunate that corporates don't value developers. They have stand ups everyday, get chased constantly to provide workarounds as patches as opposed to inputting their time into R&D to develop real ground-breaking features and functionalities.

Yeah people constantly leave due to politics etc. Developers are lucky skills are in high demand

My favorite day is pay day. I work as a data scientist.

That's cool I'm currently doing my masters in data analytics after couple years working as a data engineer. I'm tired of staring at R scripts.

R vs Python?

That's cool I'm currently doing my masters in data analytics after couple years working as a data engineer. I'm tired of staring at R scripts.

R vs Python?

I use both. I used R for my masters and then python for my master dissertation. Now I only use python at work.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
I use both. I used R for my masters and then python for my master dissertation. Now I only use python at work.

R is good for quick exploration of your data

I might do my thesis on time series classification using python.

How's the salary like when I was interviewing a few months ago it was ranging from 40-70k

R is good for quick exploration of your data

I might do my thesis on time series classification using python.

Hows the salary like when I was interviewing few months ago it was varying from 40-70k

You're well paid that's for sure. But I don't think I'll do this forever.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
You're well paid that's for sure. But I don't think I'll do this forever.

The only thing I don't like about the field is the amount of constant learning you have to do to keep up to date. Spending several hours staring at research papers but hey at least I know the difference between l1 and l2 regularisation lol o_O

The only thing I don't like about the field is the amount of constant learning you have to do to keep up to date. Spending several hours staring at research papers but hey at least I know the difference between l1 and l2 regularisation lol o_O

Exactly. I'm tired of reading these research papers. Honestly some days I can't read more than the title. But I like coding and machine learning. So that's why I chose this field lol.

I work in my uncle's internet cafe, customers ask me to help them send an email or print documents. I haven't made any mistakes so far.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Exactly. I'm tired of reading these research papers. Honestly some days I can't read more than the title. But I like coding and machine learning. So that's why I chose this field lol.

Stuff like GANs just blow my mind. Generating something from nothing

I enjoyed self learning statistics and machine learning but needed that stamp of qualification also I want to publish a paper.

oh ok! I was supposed to publish one but decided not to. After my dissertation i didn't want to write one single paragraph. Maybe later.

Good luck !

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
You pretty much stated all the perks, it’s hard getting ur foot in the door but once u do, endless opportunity is there :)

Trending

Latest posts