Do we have a distorted view of success and happiness

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I think from a young age most of us heard from our parents that you have to have a good job that pays well in order to be successful.

We also hear from society that money buys happiness or you hear quotes like: I’d rather cry in a Lamborghini than on a bus . But when you actually ask people who are rich,famous and successful here’s what they say:

Rageedi

Life | Liberty | Property
These are actors and rappers, they shouldn't be looked up to. Their unhappiness stems from their lack of belief and not because of their wealth, “Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.". Muslims should strive for success in dunya and akhria and break this false diachotomy. Financial success + deen= success in dunya and akhira.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Those successful people keep their money and try to make more. That should answer your question.
My point which you’ve kinda missed was success and happiness don’t go hand in hand.

If you need evidence just look at successful people who suffer with depression/mental health that rely on antidepressants to just get through the day.

Attachments

• BF129D9E-89A2-4695-A6F0-2A71A2CD06C2.jpeg
    BF129D9E-89A2-4695-A6F0-2A71A2CD06C2.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 126
My point which you’ve kinda missed was success and happiness don’t go hand in hand.

If you need evidence just look at successful people who suffer with depression/mental health that rely on antidepressants to just get through the day.
Of course they don't go hand in hand. Money is a tool, happiness is an emotion independent of it.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Of course they don't go hand in hand. Money is a tool, happiness is an emotion independent of it.
Happiness comes from Allah and only he can grant it. I see very poor people who have nothing but are happy and always smiling on the other hand I see people who are multimillionaires who are miserable.

The point of this thread was to show that if you have no faith in Allah you can have all the money and still be voided of happiness.

You can only feel true happiness through Allah

Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest. (Surah 13:28)

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
being sad and secure is better than being sad and poor, the later gives you more depression and helplessness feeling.

nomadicblood

I am not a farax
Money does make people happy at the present moment but not in the long term. Millionaires committing suicide should be evidence. It turns out that where prosperity is present, depression is present. There is more depression in the west than in third world countries.

Happines comes from our creator.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Happiness = lack of suffering

Being comfortably financially is half of it.

The rest is self actualization which for most people is essentially whether your existence matters or not.

Royalflush

novacane
i believe you get happiness when you accomplish a worthy achievement and etch your name in history, leave a lasting legacy behind

Aklas

Isku xishow saxib
The only way we can be happy is if we no longer have a drive for bigger and better things. People in the west are on average far more depressed than people in 3rd world countries, because the bar is set very high in the west in every aspect including wealth and beauty etc. No one wants to be at the bottom and even when we are at the top we push even further so that we can have a guaranteed position at the top.

Trending

Latest posts