Do Somalis Study Chemical Engineering?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Maybe @The alchemist can provide his input. But during Siyad Barre Era, their was a faculty in the national university dedicated to Chemical Engineering. I am sure he knew the importance of this field to Somalia. From what I gathered it's not even a hard subject as I expected. But please correct me if I am wrong somewhere in my logic as it's not my field. But from my basic research.

1. Atoms, everything in the observable world whether it's physical such as matter, liquid, gases consists of atoms.
2. Atoms themselves combine together to create molecules which then create elements
3. Atoms, Molecules, Elements can be singluar or multiples. That's why the numbering scheme tells you how to arrange them in your formula. Co2 is essentially carbon, oxygen 2 elements. It can reach up 16 combinations.
4. Heat/Cold/Pressure are fundamental conditions that is used to experiment to create something
5. 114 elements organized in an element table. Metals mostly but also non metals and gases
6. 99% of Earth and everything within it basically consists of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen. CHO3
7. Their a potential of millions of compounds that can be created by re-arranging the Atoms-Molecules order and this can be done in a lab or 'synthetically'.
8. Some important laws also guide this field like conservation of mass, quantity/size rule, etc. Theirs others but minor laws but important to know.

I haven't further reviewed this but from the pattern emerging I would assume animals including us will have our own chemical family. Plants/Organics their own. Soils their own. Geology and Rocks their own family.

This isn't hard science as I thought. It's nothing comparable to the sciences around cosmos, quantum, gravity, space-time, electromagnetic, energy.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's damn important for Somalis and in-particular Puntland to put as many students towards chemistry to help create us many products or address our environment. We also need our 1% to learn how to transform uranium and it's formula.

If we can crack that, we can create nuclear energy and also 'weapons'. I think but could be wrong they take uranium in it's natural state and process it and filter it and then apply '2000 degree heat' or heat to the point it changes radio-actively and then probably pressurize it thru storing it in weapons.

I only wished the amount of attention they give dugsi and islam, flips towards the sciences, this can change their situation and world, Prayers don't.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is shit-load of energy in uranium atomic profile, a small amount provides more energy then coal like 100 fold. Imagine a Puntite scientist transformed that energy thru extracting it and then processing it thru fussion and develop a range of weaponry for Puntland stock pile. Puntland would be top dog in Africa. But nope what do they do? waste the bulk of our ppl life in dugsi/religion looooooooool, and it has achieved nothing for them and what's sad they still DO IT.

destruction GIF

There is shit-load of energy in uranium atomic profile, a small amount provides more energy then coal like 100 fold. Imagine a Puntite scientist transformed that energy thru extracting it and then processing it thru fussion and develop a range of weaponry for Puntland stock pile. Puntland would be top dog in Africa. But nope what do they do? waste the bulk of our ppl life in dugsi/religion looooooooool, and it has achieved nothing for them and what's sad they still DO IT.

destruction GIF
I see hundreds of somalis studing chemical engineering. How ever digging uranium would probably get the us and the cadaans go destabilise our country once again. nuclear warheads is going to be a deficit and extremely dangerous. The world won't stand idle while Somalia of all places is developing nuclear warheads.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I see hundreds of somalis studing chemical engineering. How ever digging uranium would probably get the us and the cadaans go destabilise our country once again. nuclear warheads is going to be a deficit and extremely dangerous. The world won't stand idle while Somalia of all places is developing nuclear warheads.

Well we do it 'peacefully' first to address our energy needs which is a valid reason anyways considering how expensive energy is and how low cost nuclear is and provides way more energy with less resources needed plus is better 4 environment. Over time tho, we can slowly begin silent projects to test that energy for other secret purposes.

But we also need a big batch of students studying 'mechanical' engineering, cuz it's pointless having it without also having 'delivery systems'. We need to know how to create mechanical products in different industrial and security scales. It's all based on 'metals' and energy working together, we need to industrialize, its sad really the ignorance on metallurgy.

Last edited: