Do somalis marry out of boredom?

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
How come they marry again not even 1 year after their divorce? How? Cajiib wallahi. Any one else noticed how somalis move on so quickly, I doubt they marry out of love. I guess they are afraid to be alone. What do you guys think?

How come they marry again not even 1 year after their divorce? How? Cajiib wallahi. Any one else noticed how somalis move on so quickly, I doubt they marry out of love. I guess they are afraid to be alone. What do you guys think?
They want to marry because it's "trendy" and they're parents are encouraging tf out of them. But then they realize they aren't financially ready, mentally ready, islamically ready and they're out of touch with the culture and langauge.

The best age to get married is 23-29.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
They marry out of convenience. My cousin is 30 and constantly getting pressured to get married. Like to the point where that shit is stressing me it’s so annoying hearing it all the time :mjlol: if I were her I would get married just to get out of that mess and move out, even if I didn’t really like the guy. I think that’s what happens with most of these people. Also love is a foreign concept in somali marriages:mjlaugh: what older Somali couples actually love each other? Lmao marriage is just a highway to have children for us. Sad but true

They marry out of convenience. My cousin is 30 and constantly getting pressured to get married. Like to the point where that shit is stressing me it’s so annoying hearing it all the time :mjlol: if I were her I would get married just to get out of that mess and move out, even if I didn’t really like the guy. I think that’s what happens with most of these people. Also love is a foreign concept in somali marriages:mjlaugh: what older Somali couples actually love each other? Lmao marriage is just a highway to have children for us. Sad but true
The marriages that involve love in Somali marriages last a lifetime

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
The marriages that involve love in Somali marriages last a lifetime
The older people’s marriages last forever but that doesn’t mean they’re happy. They stay married due to children/not wanting to be shamed, etc. Also like I said I rarely heard of somalis being in love since all marriages are usually very rushed and just out of mutual benefit.

The older people’s marriages last forever but that doesn’t mean they’re happy. They stay married due to children/not wanting to be shamed, etc. Also like I said I rarely heard of somalis being in love since all marriages are usually very rushed and just out of mutual benefit.
Yeah but I think it depends.

I know a Somali born in the West who married someone back home (so the kids will have deen, culture, language, akhlaq etc) and they loved each other. They'er happily married and have 2 kids.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Yeah but I think it depends.

I know a Somali born in the West who married someone back home (so the kids will have deen, culture, language, akhlaq etc) and they loved each other. They'er happily married and have 2 kids.
MashaAllah good for them. Rare though

Happy_

They want to marry because it's "trendy" and they're parents are encouraging tf out of them. But then they realize they aren't financially ready, mentally ready, islamically ready and they're out of touch with the culture and langauge.

The best age to get married is 23-29.

A lot of somalis I know get married to move away from their family

Guys, I‘m talking about remarrying. Somalis remarry very quickly, no griefing process. Ppl in the west usually grief and even fall into depression, it‘s like the losing someone. But from what I see somalis are just like meh:kanyeshrug: on to the next one. Someone I know started shukansining right after the triple talaq. Even before her iddah period ended. Is that normal?:wtf: I was shocked. I‘m guessing most somali couples don‘t have a deep bond, it‘s mostly superficial (good looks or money for woman and men… just want a woman haha) when they divorce they don‘t really feel hurt. They just gonna replace their partner

Guys, I‘m talking about remarrying. Somalis remarry very quickly, no griefing process. Ppl in the west usually grief and even fall into depression, it‘s like the losing someone. But from what I see somalis are just like meh:kanyeshrug: on to the next one. Someone I know started shukansining right after the triple talaq. Even before her iddah period ended. Is that normal?:wtf: I was shocked. I‘m guessing most somali couples don‘t have a deep bond, it‘s mostly superficial (good looks or money for woman and men… just want a woman haha) when they divorce they don‘t really feel hurt. They just gonna replace their partner
In the Somali community, being "Single" is looked down upon.

Especially for the men, your parents get on your ass if you live alone. "Who's gonna cook for you? Who's gonna clean for you? Who will make sure you're all right?".

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
You’re right it’s cause there’s no deeper bond. They don’t really care about each other. Its not even like losing a friend, they simply don’t even love each other on that level. It’s easy to move on when you’re moving on from someone you had no love for. Most of these marriages are just to grab a trophy wife/husband or to have kids or to move out or out of horniness. Not exactly fairy tale shit :russ:

Happy_

You’re right it’s cause there’s no deeper bond. They don’t really care about each other. Its not even like losing a friend, they simply don’t even love each other on that level. It’s easy to move on when you’re moving on from someone you had no love for. Most of these marriages are just to grab a trophy wife/husband or to have kids or to move out or out of horniness. Not exactly fairy tale shit :russ:
Well said!! Wallahi you hit the nail on the head! It‘s sad, isn‘t it?

Happy_

Especially for the men, your parents get on your ass if you live alone. "Who's gonna cook for you? Who's gonna clean for you? Who will make sure you're all right?".
I agree, men want a house maid and women want an atm machine. Match made in somali hell :z1banet:

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧

I agree but I feel as if it’s worse for women from what I’ve seen of my older cousins. Since women have a limited amount of time before they’re no longer able to have children they get hassled and made fun of and called old and dried out. They get pressured into getting married because once they reach menopause they’re no longer deemed desirable. Sad

I agree but I feel as if it’s worse for women from what I’ve seen of my older cousins. Since women have a limited amount of time before they’re no longer able to have children they get hassled and made fun of and called old and dried out. They get pressured into getting married because once they reach menopause they’re no longer deemed desirable. Sad
Well that's not a bad thing. Everyone wants children eventually, it's not good to wait until your siil can't push out ciyaar suuqs before wanting to have children.

Trending