Do Somalis Like History?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wallahi deep down a history documentary on some thing in the past no matter it is has some profound impact on me. What do Somalis feel when u watch documentaries on History? I don't mean History school at high school, that never interested me well I never understood it properly the significance of it when I used to see History classes. I would sit in those classes not understanding why this is even being discussed or that feeling you get where u just like 'Dont understand a word of this'.

I seem to appreciate it more as I got older but the underlining reason is for me 'phobia' yes I got 'phobia' everyone does. I am scared to make a 'move' in fear of failure, I am not saying it's good trait but it's a fact. I am one of those types who will accept the 'status quo' for what reason, mainly not to 'rock the boat' or make it worse. I have fear things can get far worse if you disturb how things are. People can get killed for wrong decisions or making moves and me being a cautious person is the reason it stops me from a-lot. I am slowly getting better about that now and more open. But yeah I can put up with alot of shit and just shrug if off in order not to make it worse.

That's why I use history to see when people did a 'make' move, that fascinates me the most and the 'result'. It sort of warns me the challenges they faced and if I should bother, how they overcame, their reasons behind it. But yes history fascinates me for that reason, what about yourselves?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am getting better nowadays about failure though, but a-lot of people are like that, they prefer the status quo and Somalis are notorious for this who won't rock the boat in fear of 'image' and 'status' and the sad thing is those people and yes that includes me, convert into 'dirt' while the ones who did something are on youtube being watched by me. So there is negatives to it and positives to status quo, it's balancing act and 'history' is good 'gouge' on how far to go and not to go, because the people are the same yesterday and today, just different conditions and factors to consider now.

Trending