Do somalis have interests groups in the diaspora?

Som

VIP
All groups have lobbies that defend their interests as a community
Do somalis have anything similar to that?
Somali communities should do what jews,armenians, Arab christians etc do in the US.In the areas were we have big population we should be involved in politics to either elect one of our own or someone who supports us. We should push brilliant minds in the Somali communities by collectively paying for their education, we should set up somali community buildings that act as informal embassies where any new somali in town no matter their clan can come and ask for information, job opportunities, legal assistance etc. Somali Businesses should form an alliance and work together for the wellbeing of the community.
I think USA somalis in Minnesota have some potential to do something like this.

All groups have lobbies that defend their interests as a community
Do somalis have anything similar to that?
Somali communities should do what jews,armenians, Arab christians etc do in the US.In the areas were we have big population we should be involved in politics to either elect one of our own or someone who supports us. We should push brilliant minds in the Somali communities by collectively paying for their education, we should set up somali community buildings that act as informal embassies where any new somali in town no matter their clan can come and ask for information, job opportunities, legal assistance etc. Somali Businesses should form an alliance and work together for the wellbeing of the community.
I think USA somalis in Minnesota have some potential to do something like this.
I somewhat see something similar with some of our politicians such as Ilhan Omar, ie her defence for Turkey in congress stemming from her identity as a somali. Although I do think it’s somewhat far too early for us to establish a successful Somali lobbying force as majority of s came to the west fairly recent and therefore place much more significance in individually focusing upon our families rather than the entire community although I do see it changing as of recent. For example in my local area there’s events wherein young somali professionals group together to help and mentor the youth, discussing careers and such.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I’m kind of wondering what would our interest group be pushing for?

Given how clueless Ilhan’s opposition to American drone strikes against Al-Shabaab is I’m scared of anymore misguided politicians.

Trending

Latest posts