Do Somalis Face Police Brutality?

You often see AA complain about the police brutality they face in America, and for good reason. But do Somalis face it? What's the situation with police and Somalis?

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Of course they do but they cooperate unlike AA. somalis are like indians with their kiss assing (the older generation) the younger are more hard headed and act like thugs.

Ozworld

La helaa La waayaa
london police are not bad and not as racist as the americans. but the undercover plain clothes ones are bastards.

I think almost every group in America has faced police brutality. The reason why the face of police brutality is black people is because 1. They protest and have been more outspoken of it and 2. Police is more present in black communities because of high crime and drug related issues.

No. "AA" (progressives) only complain about police brutality in order to promote a false narrative of racial inequality, in order to propagate emancipatory politics and virtue signal about how "moral" they are. Like @Sedderr1234 said police is usually more present in black communities because of socioeconomic factors, evident whenever an article talks about police brutality the "victim" has had multiple charges beforehand (Floyd is a perfect example of this).

Wallahi I hate this movement. It makes Somalis get invested into politics only furthering western assimilation, without actually helping them out in any way, shape, or form.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.04.12 pm.png

I could dismantle your biased arguments even further, laakin I will leave it at these stats.

If I catch you spewing biased talking points on here again tho, I won't be as merciful.

:ufdup:

View attachment 192622

I could dismantle your biased arguments even further, laakin I will leave it at these stats.

If I catch you spewing biased talking points on here again tho, I won't be as merciful.

It's because police monitor low income neighborhoods a lot more then upper class neighborhoods. If you police a particular area more, you'll obviously find more crime. Guess who lives in these low income neighborhoods? African Americans.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's because police monitor low income neighborhoods a lot more then upper class neighborhoods. If you police a particular area more, you'll obviously find more crime. Guess who lives in these low income neighborhoods? African Americans.

And you want to know how it ended up this way...... ask FDR.

Quite literally this.

View attachment 192622

Big words from a small man.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I wonder how much of a grip redlining and local property tax funding has on AA.

The government screwed them as usual. During the great depression, everyone was poor and needed money. So FDR hands out these loans but only to cadaan suburbs, allowing them to buy homes or start businesses.

They used the FDR redlining map for decades until the Fair Housing Act, which in itself did not do much for African Americans.

Also schools in America are funded through property taxes, meaning predominantly-AA schools are comparatively trash in America.

The government screwed them as usual. During the great depression, everyone was poor and needed money. So FDR hands out these loans but only to cadaan suburbs, allowing them to buy homes or start businesses.

They used the FDR redlining map for decades until the Fair Housing Act, which in itself did not do much for African Americans.

Also schools in America are funded through property taxes, meaning predominantly-AA schools are comparatively trash in America.
But immigrants from 3rd world countries that are poor are forced to move into these neighborhoods with redlining and bad schools that are funded local property taxes, but they’re outperforming AA and white Americans. Why?

Even whites face police brutality. Somalis certainly do come across racist and untrained police officers who use excessive force when it is not warranted.

Shush,

Go watch the video that I linked in this thread and educate yourself. No more buuq from you.

giphy.gif
Not an argument. My point was that African Americans are marginalized by police due to socioeconomic factors, not race. You posted evidence that quite clearly adhered to it as the ratio of blacks that sell/use drugs in low-income areas is higher than that of whites, and as such face a higher conviction rate. You can say it was due to FDR, redlining, europeans, etc.; but if you're going to play that route you can ultimately say it was due to west Africans shipping their slaves off in the first place. Next time I catch you posting this shit I'll put you in your place for good, watch out.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Not an argument. My point was that African Americans are marginalized by police due to socioeconomic factors, not race. You posted evidence that quite clearly adhered to it as the ratio of blacks that sell/use drugs in low-income areas is higher than that of whites, and as such face a higher conviction rate. You can say it was due to FDR, redlining, europeans, etc.; but if you're going to play that route you can ultimately say it was due to west Africans shipping their slaves off in the first place. Next time I catch you posting this shit I'll put you in your place for good, watch out.

giphy.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
But immigrants from 3rd world countries that are poor are forced to move into these neighborhoods with redlining and bad schools that are funded local property taxes, but they’re outperforming AA and white Americans. Why?

This is called the "Model Minority" problem. Very interesting read sxb.

Trending

Latest posts