Do Somali girls need a role model?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
And I mean one that's not an Instagram messy th*t. I mean one that's classy and generous. Would somali girls look up to a woman like that?

I think the last one we had was Hodan Nalayeh.

We need a new one. I'd volunteer but you guys already know a lot about me and I hate too much attention
She needs to be in with her culture and deen as well as spreading positivity. A bright energy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

no no I'm doing it for love, not advantage :)

anyways, does anyone think that lifestyle only vids are boring? I hate watching those long videos and there are too much makeup channels. Come up with something unique yall. The reason hodan stood out was because no one took youtube the same way she did.

there's too much beauty/fashion/lifestyle bloggers. too much spider lashes and highlighter :(

Royalflush

novacane
And I mean one that's not an Instagram messy th*t. I mean one that's classy and generous. Would somali girls look up to a woman like that?

We need a new one. I'd volunteer but you guys already know a lot about me and I hate too much attention
She needs to be in with her culture and deen as well as spreading positivity. A bright energy.

anyways, does anyone think that lifestyle only vids are boring? I hate watching those long videos and there are too much makeup channels. Come up with something unique yall. The reason hodan stood out was because no one took youtube the same way she did.

there's too much beauty/fashion/lifestyle bloggers. too much spider lashes and highlighter :(

Yes!

Somali girls need to expand their content; travelling, career, business, even pressing social issues/research.

Who wants to watch someone eat, clean their house etc.

Villainess

Yes!

Somali girls need to expand their content; travelling, career, business, even pressing social issues/research.

Who wants to watch someone eat, clean their house etc.
You read my mind sis. I'm so tired of seeing "getting divorced vid part 1" all over youtube. I dislike videos like "get ready with me: cleaning" that's too old style. I'd love to see traveling and career but I feel like I'd get bored from me not relating. That's why it can't be too business-orientated and a perfect balance

!!!

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
I notice Somali girls are funny they should start a YT channel that isn't vlogs

Villainess

She's 14 but wallahi mashallah I've never seen anyone this smart. Have you noticed the newest generation these days are so mature and grown? Ya allah what do they feed these kids :mjlol:
I notice Somali girls are funny they should start a YT channel that isn't vlogs
loool yes somalis are natural comedians I can't wait to see what's coming next :)

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Defo agree. Instagram models and hijabs are so superficial and materialistic. There’s definitely space for an educated, intelligent, Somali sister to discuss other topics. She doesn’t even have to do like Hodan (AUN) and get into political oriented topics. It could be about anything - just not another account on how to bake your face or fashion haul.

Villainess

Defo agree. Instagram models and hijabs are so superficial and materialistic. There’s definitely space for an educated, intelligent, Somali sister to discuss other topics. She doesn’t even have to do like Hodan (AUN) and get into political oriented topics. It could be about anything - just not another account on how to bake your face or fashion haul.
exactly!! I'm sick of the same videos over and over again. There's nothing special with these girls. I can't even name ONE somali girl who did something other than beauty. At all!

I don't care what she talks about I just need a breath of fresh air. As long as it's not beauty wallahi I can watch anything at this point

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

You can be a manager for influencers. Begin making your vision board or blueprint. Learn to catch trends or how to monetize personalities in an ethical way

Villainess

You can be a manager for influencers. Begin making your vision board or blueprint. Learn to catch trends or how to monetize personalities in an ethical way
You're genius.

Why didn't I think of that?

I like that idea but I personally do not have the energy nor the patience to take care of someone else

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
No, thank you. Why should I follow around a random dhoocilad like a sheep?:donkey:

Your hooyo and ayeeyos should be enough.

Villainess

No, thank you. Why should I follow around a random dhoocilad like a sheep?:donkey:

Your hooyo and ayeeyos should be enough.
Not like that. I'm talking about the young somali girls who look up to somali women. If they keep on watching somali girls take off their hijab and post naked content then they will follow. It's the new online age and it's unavoidable. i remember watching yas and hals and I come back a few months later to see them take another direction. I'm worried for the young somali girls who are so impressionable

Villainess

Might I mention somali males? Why do somali boys not spread positivity as much? Why are our boys doing drugs and going to clubs online? The only decent one is Chunkz but what about the rest? Where are you guys?

I don't think Hodan won't be compared to other ladies. Otherwise, people would compare Geenyada Madow to Hodan. But hodan had her own tv show and made it big. She had a family too, I doubt a young girl would be placed in tartan with her

Villainess

I love love love talking with you about this. You seriously get it and I enjoy how you want to see somali girls make it big as much as I want to.

And right? Shahd and Aysha are so... plain? I don't get why they're so famous. They are unproblematic and sweet girls but why aren't Somali girls approaching that tactic?
And arab girls are popular while being boring too. but geenyda won't make groundbreaking records too and that's fine but I do wish to see more. I wonder what Hodan did to reach that fame in small time.

Somali girls have all the resources to make it but I don't know why we follow everyone. So ratchet.
Look at these 3 vs the last 3 and tell me what you notice.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Not like that. I'm talking about the young somali girls who look up to somali women. If they keep on watching somali girls take off their hijab and post naked content then they will follow. It's the new online age and it's unavoidable. i remember watching yas and hals and I come back a few months later to see them take another direction. I'm worried for the young somali girls who are so impressionable
You're fighting a losing a battle, abaay. :icon lol: We're living in fitnah times, each generation is worse than the last. Even if there were decent role models most Somali girls wouldn't bother following them...I know that for a fact.:icon lol:
In order to "save" these girls, they must to exit the system all together. Move them to baadiyo where's there no internet and BOOM, problem solved. That's the only way to escape social media madness.

Al-Zubair ibn ‘Adi reported: We came to Anas ibn Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, and we complained to him of what we suffered from the ruler Al-Hajjaj. Anas said, “Be patient, for an era will not come upon but that what comes after is worse, until you meet your Lord. I heard it from your Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.” - Saheeh Bukhari

Last edited:

Villainess

You're fighting a losing a battle, abaay. :icon lol: We're living in fitnah times, each generation is worse than the last. Even if there were decent role models most Somali girls wouldn't bother following them...I know that for a fact.:icon lol:
In order to "save" these girls, they must to exist the system all together. Move them to baadiyo where's there no internet and BOOM, problem solved. That's the only way to escape social media madness.

Al-Zubair ibn ‘Adi reported: We came to Anas ibn Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, and we complained to him of what we suffered from the ruler Al-Hajjaj. Anas said, “Be patient, for an era will not come upon but that what comes after is worse, until you meet your Lord. I heard it from your Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.” - Saheeh Bukhari
I agree. but for materialistic times it wouldn't hurt to see more ladies recording positive videos like this

Alluring

Sayonara
The problem is most people don’t look up to social influencers for their positivity but for their entertainment value. Even the positive unproblematic girls like aysha & shahd are called boring, and have low views in comparison to their subscriber count. The ghetto ones with their interracial divorce stories get the clicks for entertainment.

Trending

Latest posts