Do shotgun weddings happen among Somalis?

I have an Arab coworker who says they happen often with her culture. I’ve never seen them with Somalis though, have you?

For anyone who doesn’t know, a shotgun wedding is a wedding to cover up a pregnancy.

I have an Arab coworker who says they happen often with her culture. I’ve never seen them with Somalis though, have you?

For anyone who doesn’t know, a shotgun wedding is a wedding to cover up a pregnancy.
Happened to my cousin in SL, he was 18 and got some 28 year old pregnant.Once her family found out, her clan threatened to kill my cousin if he didn’t marry the girl. Legally he got married to her but he currently has nothing to do with her or the child.

Yaraye

VIP
Angry Impractical Jokers GIF by truTV

It happens alot back home. In the west it happens I think but the ones I have seen is the girl and family going for vacation to Africa and saying she was married off to an odey in the politics and they come back to have the kid in the west. Soon after you will hear they are divorced.
AbdiJohson knows this stuff.

Yes. Shotgun weddings do happen in Somali peninsula.

In certain Somali rural and urban wedding ceremonies, it is customary to include gunfire. Although I'm uncertain about finding the specific incident online, roughly a decade ago, there was a notable case where a man unintentionally shot everyone at a wedding while attempting to discharge an AK-47. This incident garnered significant attention in the news.

Additionally, another practice within Somali culture involves presenting the bride with a gun, often an AK-47, as part of the dowry.

Yes. Shotgun weddings do happen in Somali peninsula.

In certain Somali rural and urban wedding ceremonies, it is customary to include gunfire. Although I'm uncertain about finding the specific incident online, roughly a decade ago, there was a notable case where a man unintentionally shot everyone at a wedding while attempting to discharge an AK-47. This incident garnered significant attention in the news.

Additionally, another practice within Somali culture involves presenting the bride with a gun, often an AK-47, as part of the dowry.
It’s okay to be autistic walaalo.

Quite sure it’s a global phenomenon.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP

Don't worry we won't judge you

Trending

Latest posts