Do people think you're a different ethnicity or race?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Sxb I'm the original Afro-latino on Sspot:kodaksmiley:
You stole my idea!!
J/k
I get mistaken for an Aboriginal every time when I go out (for groceries only, f*ck going out)
i mistook my brother for an aboriginal. We visited my uncles in Karatha and my brother was still getting ready to leave the house. We were by the car to go shopping. And my brother owned a White t shirt. Then this aboriginal outside across the street was walking. To be fair they had the same skin tone and short buzz cut hair. So I yelled out my brothers name to this aboriginal. And he turns his head and gives me a dirty look.

When I was little someone thought I was half white
i never saw a mixed person until i was like 9 so i thought they looked like this

8B34AEFB-EC8A-4A83-898B-6DE49F1A4499.png

I have been mistaken for being mixed race before even though I don't think I look it.
I've heard some of my xalimo friends say the same thing, people mistake them for being Afro-latino's.

What have your experiences been?
OMG! Gurl!!! Yes!! All The Time!

giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
My Somali last name sounds sort of Germanic. I got asked once whether my father is white by a Spaniard (he probably didn't know jackshit about Somalis).

:mjlol:

Ironically, similar weirdness happened again with a Spaniard, but today. This time a guy in early 40s who travelled all over the world I just met. I had a conversation with him. When he was talking about his time in Israel he said that he saw a lot of people who looked like me in Israel and asked why there are so many SOMALI JEWS (he knew I was Somali from earlier in the conversation). :damn::chrisfreshhah::mjlol::dead: LMAO, Spaniards know NOTHING about Somalis.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ironically, similar weirdness happened again with a Spaniard, but today. This time a guy in early 40s who travelled all over the world I just met. I had a conversation with him. When he was talking about his time in Israel he said that he saw a lot of people who looked like me in Israel and asked why there are so many SOMALI JEWS (he knew I was Somali from earlier in the conversation). :damn::chrisfreshhah::mjlol::dead: LMAO, Spaniards know NOTHING about Somalis.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
LOOOL shoulda slapped back at him with arent you a mexican :dead: :heh:

Trending