Do people in Somalia still ride horses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading about President Roosevelt's expedition to east africa where he was accompanied by local somali horsemen

Is there still a culture of this in the region?

If not, the noble geeljire must be reacquainted with his traditional culture of horseriding :fittytousand:

:siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:

Last edited:
I was reading about President Roosevelt's expedition to east africa where he was accompanied by local somali horsemen

Is there still a culture of this in the region?

If not, the noble geeljire must be reacquainted with his traditional culture of horseriding :fittytousand:

:siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:
Yo this is intresting. Upload more info.
As for riding horses. Somalis usually dont. Lakiin durin calamesaar of an aqil or sultan they do . In Sool,Sanaag,Bari for the caanoshub

Yo this is intresting. Upload more info.
As for riding horses. Somalis usually dont. Lakiin durin calamesaar of an aqil or sultan they do . In Sool,Sanaag,Bari for the caanoshub

I'm trying to track down the source

If I find it, I will defo make an extended submission in the culture & history section :yacadiim:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Once I retire back home one of my goals is to buy a few horses and live on a farm. The simple life is very underrated.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
My awoowe has a herd of horses in Somalia. The Adeers send pics of them riding them horses. They were many back in 2010, now not so many, but still is equivalent to a herd of horses. Landheerinimo:icon lol::yacadiim:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
My awoowe has a herd of horses in Somalia. The Adeers send pics of them riding them horses. They were many back in 2010, now not so many, but still is equivalent to a herd of horses. Landheerinimo:icon lol::yacadiim:
Cool!:oops: Do you have any pics of them, by any chance? Where in Somalia does your grandpa raise the horses?
I also have a relative who owns horses in hawdka. Unfortunately, they aren't that many anymore either. Back in 2016 they were less than 13.:vo3yidw:
I have pics of them saved somewhere on my pc. I'll show you sometime if you're interested.:samwelcome:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Cool!:oops: Do you have any pics of them, by any chance? Where in Somalia does your grandpa raise the horses?
I also have a relative who owns horses in hawdka. Unfortunately, they aren't that many anymore either. Back in 2016 they were less than 13.:vo3yidw:
I have pics of them saved somewhere on my pc. I'll show you sometime if you're interested.:samwelcome:
I haven't got any pics now... I may search for those pics tho:dabcasar:

There were many the least time I saw. It's lime how some people keep sheeps or goats. My awoowe had it like that:salute: yea dm me those pics while I search for the pics in the meantime;)

Are the horses in good health and what do they do with them?

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
I haven't got any pics now... I may search for those pics tho:dabcasar:

There were many the least time I saw. It's lime how some people keep sheeps or goats. My awoowe had it like that:salute: yea dm me those pics while I search for the pics in the meantime;)
Alright, I'll DM after I hit 500 posts.:geek:

Don't come for the goats awoowgaa la janeeye!1!!:gunsmiley::farole:

Neither of my parents—or their parents—were xoolo dhaqato, but my ayeeyo bought me and my sibling bunch of adhi back in the late 90s. I have some relatives tending to them and apparently, ciidaas ayay ka bateen.
If shit hits the fan in qurbaha, at least I have my xoolo I can go back to!:dabcasar:

Status
Not open for further replies.