Do muslims really believe that magic is real? Isn't that shirk?

Som

VIP
I was always under the impression that Islam is against superstitious things such as magic. As we know magic is haram but I thought it was made Haram because it's a relic of paganism and not because it really works or affect people.
For example when Moses was confronted by the pharaohs magicians their "magic" was just illusionism and tricks while Moses miracles were real because God allowed him to do that.
How can muslims believe that magic is a real thing that humans can do? Isn't it shirk to believe humans can have supernatural powers? I thought only Allah had supernatural powers.

Som

VIP
And why would Allah even allow humans to have such powers?
What considered a magic differ from a culture to another.
Yes but many muslims especially salafis/wahabis actually believe that magic is real and can affect people. They believe sorcerers have legit real powers that can harm you which sounds ridiculous.
I can accept the concept of Curses like Habar in our somali culture but that's usually something that is in the hands of Allah. For example if you mistreat your parents and they curse you Allah will make something bad happen to you. I can understand that, but in that case it's allah who made the thing happen and those who cursed you have no magical powers
The magic thing that some muslim believe in is different, they say sorcerers can actually do magical stuff on you on their own , they even believe Muhammad (saws) was the victim of such magical spells which sounds blasphemous

I follow Arthur c Clark the great science fiction writer when he says that any sufficiently advanced enough will be indistinguishable from magic and vice versa.

Magic is just another technology , most of it is on another tree branch not the branch you are currently on .
It can also exist on your current tech tree but in the distant future.

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
I was always under the impression that Islam is against superstitious things such as magic. As we know magic is haram but I thought it was made Haram because it's a relic of paganism and not because it really works or affect people.
For example when Moses was confronted by the pharaohs magicians their "magic" was just illusionism and tricks while Moses miracles were real because God allowed him to do that.
How can muslims believe that magic is a real thing that humans can do? Isn't it shirk to believe humans can have supernatural powers? I thought only Allah had supernatural powers.
how are shirk and Allah mentioned magic in Quran
ูˆูŽุงุชู‘ูŽุจูŽุนููˆุงู’ ู…ูŽุง ุชูŽุชู’ู„ููˆุงู’ ุงู„ุดู‘ูŽูŠูŽุงุทููŠู†ู ุนูŽู„ูŽู‰ ู…ูู„ู’ูƒู ุณูู„ูŽูŠู’ู…ูŽุงู†ูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ูƒูŽููŽุฑูŽ ุณูู„ูŽูŠู’ู…ูŽุงู†ู ูˆูŽู„ูŽูƒูู†ู‘ูŽ ุงู„ุดู‘ูŽูŠู’ุงุทููŠู†ูŽ ูƒูŽููŽุฑููˆุงู’ ูŠูุนูŽู„ู‘ูู…ููˆู†ูŽ ุงู„ู†ู‘ูŽุงุณูŽ ุงู„ุณู‘ูุญู’ุฑูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ุฃูู†ุฒูู„ูŽ ุนูŽู„ูŽู‰ ุงู„ู’ู…ูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽูŠู’ู†ู ุจูุจูŽุงุจูู„ูŽ ู‡ูŽุงุฑููˆุชูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุงุฑููˆุชูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ูŠูุนูŽู„ู‘ูู…ูŽุงู†ู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏู ุญูŽุชู‘ูŽู‰ ูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ุงูŽ ุฅูู†ู‘ูŽู…ูŽุง ู†ูŽุญู’ู†ู ููุชู’ู†ูŽุฉูŒ ููŽู„ุงูŽ ุชูŽูƒู’ููุฑู’ ููŽูŠูŽุชูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ู‡ูู…ูŽุง ู…ูŽุง ูŠูููŽุฑู‘ูู‚ููˆู†ูŽ ุจูู‡ู ุจูŽูŠู’ู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ู…ูŽุฑู’ุกู ูˆูŽุฒูŽูˆู’ุฌูู‡ู ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ู‡ูู… ุจูุถูŽุขุฑู‘ููŠู†ูŽ ุจูู‡ู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏู ุฅูู„ุงู‘ูŽ ุจูุฅูุฐู’ู†ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ู‡ู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุชูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ู…ูŽุง ูŠูŽุถูุฑู‘ูู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู„ุงูŽ ูŠูŽู†ููŽุนูู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู„ูŽู‚ูŽุฏู’ ุนูŽู„ูู…ููˆุงู’ ู„ูŽู…ูŽู†ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽุฑูŽุงู‡ู ู…ูŽุง ู„ูŽู‡ู ูููŠ ุงู„ุขุฎูุฑูŽุฉู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฎูŽู„ุงูŽู‚ู ูˆูŽู„ูŽุจูุฆู’ุณูŽ ู…ูŽุง ุดูŽุฑูŽูˆู’ุงู’ ุจูู‡ู ุฃูŽู†ููุณูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ู„ูŽูˆู’ ูƒูŽุงู†ููˆุงู’ ูŠูŽุนู’ู„ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ๏ดฟูกู ูข๏ดพ

They followed the incantations that the devils used against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon did not hide the truth but the devils did. They taught magic to the people and whatever was revealed to the two angels, Harut and Marut, in Babylon. The two angels did not teach anything to anyone without saying, "Our case is a temptation for the people, so do not hide the truth." People learned something from the two angels that could cause discord between a man and his wife. However, they could harm no one except by the permission of God. In fact, the (people) learned things that would harm them and render them no benefit. They knew very well that one who engaged in witchcraft would have no reward in the life hereafter. Would that they had known that they had sold their souls for that which is vile!

Som

VIP
how are shirk and Allah mentioned magic in Quran
ูˆูŽุงุชู‘ูŽุจูŽุนููˆุงู’ ู…ูŽุง ุชูŽุชู’ู„ููˆุงู’ ุงู„ุดู‘ูŽูŠูŽุงุทููŠู†ู ุนูŽู„ูŽู‰ ู…ูู„ู’ูƒู ุณูู„ูŽูŠู’ู…ูŽุงู†ูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ูƒูŽููŽุฑูŽ ุณูู„ูŽูŠู’ู…ูŽุงู†ู ูˆูŽู„ูŽูƒูู†ู‘ูŽ ุงู„ุดู‘ูŽูŠู’ุงุทููŠู†ูŽ ูƒูŽููŽุฑููˆุงู’ ูŠูุนูŽู„ู‘ูู…ููˆู†ูŽ ุงู„ู†ู‘ูŽุงุณูŽ ุงู„ุณู‘ูุญู’ุฑูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ุฃูู†ุฒูู„ูŽ ุนูŽู„ูŽู‰ ุงู„ู’ู…ูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽูŠู’ู†ู ุจูุจูŽุงุจูู„ูŽ ู‡ูŽุงุฑููˆุชูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุงุฑููˆุชูŽ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ูŠูุนูŽู„ู‘ูู…ูŽุงู†ู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏู ุญูŽุชู‘ูŽู‰ ูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ุงูŽ ุฅูู†ู‘ูŽู…ูŽุง ู†ูŽุญู’ู†ู ููุชู’ู†ูŽุฉูŒ ููŽู„ุงูŽ ุชูŽูƒู’ููุฑู’ ููŽูŠูŽุชูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ู‡ูู…ูŽุง ู…ูŽุง ูŠูููŽุฑู‘ูู‚ููˆู†ูŽ ุจูู‡ู ุจูŽูŠู’ู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ู…ูŽุฑู’ุกู ูˆูŽุฒูŽูˆู’ุฌูู‡ู ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ู‡ูู… ุจูุถูŽุขุฑู‘ููŠู†ูŽ ุจูู‡ู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏู ุฅูู„ุงู‘ูŽ ุจูุฅูุฐู’ู†ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ู‡ู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุชูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ู…ูŽุง ูŠูŽุถูุฑู‘ูู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู„ุงูŽ ูŠูŽู†ููŽุนูู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู„ูŽู‚ูŽุฏู’ ุนูŽู„ูู…ููˆุงู’ ู„ูŽู…ูŽู†ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽุฑูŽุงู‡ู ู…ูŽุง ู„ูŽู‡ู ูููŠ ุงู„ุขุฎูุฑูŽุฉู ู…ูู†ู’ ุฎูŽู„ุงูŽู‚ู ูˆูŽู„ูŽุจูุฆู’ุณูŽ ู…ูŽุง ุดูŽุฑูŽูˆู’ุงู’ ุจูู‡ู ุฃูŽู†ููุณูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ู„ูŽูˆู’ ูƒูŽุงู†ููˆุงู’ ูŠูŽุนู’ู„ูŽู…ููˆู†ูŽ ๏ดฟูกู ูข๏ดพ

They followed the incantations that the devils used against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon did not hide the truth but the devils did. They taught magic to the people and whatever was revealed to the two angels, Harut and Marut, in Babylon. The two angels did not teach anything to anyone without saying, "Our case is a temptation for the people, so do not hide the truth." People learned something from the two angels that could cause discord between a man and his wife. However, they could harm no one except by the permission of God. In fact, the (people) learned things that would harm them and render them no benefit. They knew very well that one who engaged in witchcraft would have no reward in the life hereafter. Would that they had known that they had sold their souls for that which is vile!
So technically according to these verses magic isn't real and any effect is with the permission of god so humans have no magical powers

I follow Arthur c Clark the great science fiction writer when he says that any sufficiently advanced enough will be indistinguishable from magic and vice versa.

Magic is just another technology , most of it is on another tree branch not the branch you are currently on .
It can also exist on your current tech tree but in the distant future.
Technology, no matter how advanced it will get, only exists and operates within the conditions of the physical world that has, to various degrees, recognizable and measurable properties. Technology, thus, cannot become like magic because we can explain its mechanism, and we follow and describe its constructed properties, basically broad pragmatic application of the scientific framework, nothing supernatural about it. If you call technology magic, that only says the person is ignorant of the fact.

There are the very Haram elements to magic, I'm sure more knowledgable people than I in Islamic teachings can elucidate.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
We believe witchcraft/magic is real bro but the shirk is those who practice it rely on the jinn and shayateen to perform it. That's the key thing here trying to rely on other than Allah. As for what magic is exactly I can't say that's beyond my knowledge.

It's real, same with evil eye. Of course it's with Allah's permission.
Most people who say they under spell or l have evil eye have mental issues like depression though.

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
personally i though witchcraft is haram because doing that is asking something from someone other than Allah is Shirk.
Witchcraft is haram because you take the satan as your god

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
I used to think black magic was fake and the 'victims' were acting or just had mental issues but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm still very skeptical but still you never know unless you've experienced it. Inshallah I never do.

Technology, no matter how advanced it will get, only exists and operates within the conditions of the physical world that has, to various degrees, recognizable and measurable properties. Technology, thus, cannot become like magic because we can explain its mechanism, and we follow and describe its constructed properties, basically broad pragmatic application of the scientific framework, nothing supernatural about it. If you call technology magic, that only says the person is ignorant of the fact.

There are the very Haram elements to magic, I'm sure more knowledgable people than I in Islamic teachings can elucidate.
I believe some of that missed your attention.
You seem to have a narrow view of technology and science.
If you look at my analogy I used the tech tree as an example.
If a technology is on an entirely different tech tree then it will be so different that's you won't notice if it's real or not.

The world is enormous unimaginably so,
You need to open your mind .

I believe some of that missed your attention.
You seem to have a narrow view of technology and science.
If you look at my analogy I used the tech tree as an example.
If a technology is on an entirely different tech tree then it will be so different that's you won't notice if it's real or not.

The world is enormous unimaginably so,
You need to open your mind .
1626585296232.png

Try to open your mind.
How about this . The Giza pyramids come from an entirely different technology tree.
Hundreds of thousands of very heavy and large stones that we don't have the machinery today to even lift were used.
They were also placed together with such precision that today we can only do with with lazers and ultra sound.
From an engineering perspective this is almost beyond our capability.
To build an exact replica of just the largest Cheops pyramid will take the resources of the space race from multiple countries cooperating.

The space race of the 60's had around 250,000 scientists and engineers from both Soviet Union and the US.
We would need that level of commitment and resources to attempt it with our technology.

The people who built the pyramids obviously used an entirely different technology on a different development lifecycle completly alien to us.

Do deny it all and pretend it doesn't exist, or would you be curious.

I used to think black magic was fake and the 'victims' were acting or just had mental issues but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm still very skeptical but still you never know unless you've experienced it. Inshallah I never do.
I had a cousin who experienced it, she's well now but it was very very bad for her.

Last edited:
Yes, Sihir is real and if you donโ€™t believe itโ€™s real then youโ€™re a Kaffir or extremely ignorant.

Magic can be categorized as two forms and defined quite easily.

Magic is essentially an act in which a human is able to do something supernatural without the grace of God.

Jinns as devil's (some Jinn who don't interfere with humanity and worship God are good), can form contracts with humans. These Jinns then do things for humans. The contracts are generally sacrificial or deification of the Jinns. Either way it's either fkd up due to the sacrificing element or straight up shirk cause you're worshipping a Jinn.

Harut and Marut were angels sent by God as a trial for man. They were sent in Babylon to tell people that they can teach them magic, but they will warn people that if they learn this, their fate in the next life is sealed.

Believing in magic isn't haram, but participating in it definitely is.

Trending