Do Muslims Accept Evolution?

Do You Accept Evolution

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe in evolution for animals and gene mutation over time but I don't know about humankind evolving from primates, where does that put the idea of Adam and Eve being kicked out of heaven and humans being created from clay.
Lots of things in the Quran and hadith are at odds with science if read literally. Sahih Bukhari reports that somebody asked the prophet where the sun goes when it sets. The prophet responded that it bows at the throne of Allah. This is unscientific. It reflects the flat earth theory of the world prevalent at the time when people thought the sun goes round the earth, rising from the east and setting in the west. Astronony proves that it's the earth which orbits the sun, not vice versa. The rational conclusion is to assume it is either a forged hadith or that it is allegorical and not meant to be understood literally.

Similarly the Quran says that mountains prevent the earth from shaking. If so, there would never be earthquakes. Again, a literal understanding is unscientific.

Fact is, the Quran is not a science book and is not meant to be so read. It was revealed to illiterate desert people who lacked even minimal education. Allah spoke to them in a simple language they could understand. You can't explain the theory of general relativity to a prescientific camel herder.

The Quran is not the only revelation of God. Allah says that his signs are revealed in his creation. Science uncovers those signs. If there's an apparent contradiction, it's in the interpretation.

World

VIP
Muslims believe that mankind are descended from Adam & Eve. There is no other alternative opinion in this regard.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Lots of things in the Quran and hadith are at odds with science if read literally. Sahih Bukhari reports that somebody asked the prophet where the sun goes when it sets. The prophet responded that it bows at the throne of Allah. This is unscientific. It reflects the flat earth theory of the world prevalent at the time when people thought the sun goes round the earth, rising from the east and setting in the west. Astronony proves that it's the earth which orbits the sun, not vice versa. The rational conclusion is to assume it is either a forged hadith or that it is allegorical and not meant to be understood literally.

Similarly the Quran says that mountains prevent the earth from shaking. If so, there would never be earthquakes. Again, a literal understanding is unscientific.

Fact is, the Quran is not a science book and is not meant to be so read. It was revealed to illiterate desert people who lacked even minimal education. Allah spoke to them in a simple language they could understand. You can't explain the theory of general relativity to a prescientific camel herder.

The Quran is not the only revelation of God. Allah says that his signs are revealed in his creation. Science uncovers those signs. If there's an apparent contradiction, it's in the interpretation.
I do believe in the sun bowing to God but in its spirit form. I don't know about you but I don't think this is Allah's first time at the rodeo, I think Allah has done judgements before us and will continue to after us.
Does that give us some claim to the holy land.
:hmm:
Somalis are descended from Cush and where Israel is today was known as the land of Canaan, Cush and Canaan are brothers, you said should we claim it ? I say have you heard of Greater Greater Transcontinent Somalia :trumpsmirk:

Last edited:
Muslims believe that mankind are descended from Adam & Eve. There is no other alternative opinion in this regard.
Not according to this sheikh:
I do believe in the sun bowing to God but in its spirit form. I don't know about you but I don't think this is Allah's first time at the rodeo, I think Allah has done judgements before us and will continue to after us.
Rodeo? Sounds funny. Not sure I follow what you mean about judgement.

The sun has a spirit? That's a new one.

Last edited:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Not according to this sheikh:

Rodeo? Sounds funny. Not sure I follow what you mean about judgement?

The sun has a spirit? That's a new one.
By judgment, i mean that Allah haves created other worlds and passed judgments days on them before Adam and Eve were made and will continue to pass judgments even after us but that's beyond this thread I don't wanna derail it.
Well, it's not uncommon to have Sun spirits many religions have the sun depicted having a spiritual humanlike form, Why not Islam as well.

By judgment, i mean that Allah haves created other worlds and passed judgments days on them before Adam and Eve were made and will continue to pass judgments even after us but that's beyond this thread I don't wanna derail it.
Well, it's not uncommon to have Sun spirits many religions have the sun depicted having a spiritual humanlike form, Why not Islam as well.
I figured that's what you might have meant. Sounds interesting. I think it's quite plausible that we are not alone in the universe, that other life forms might exist on other galaxies. Makes sense given the astronomically high number of planets there are.

Sun spirit? Some scholars argue that the spirit or soul refers to consciousness instead of a ghost in our body. Sounds plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending