Do You Accept Evolution

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I'm confused because biological evolution is something there is tangible established scientific evidence and consensus on. Evolution happened on a macro scale for millions of years whether we like it or not, so whats Islam's position on Evolution?

You have the low IQ scientifically illiterate imams who shut their ears to anything they perceive to be a threat from the west to islam no matter how true it is like this moron.

But then you have intelligent modern muslims who are aware of evolution and how much evidence there is to support it and try to educate more muslims on it like Dr Yasir Qadhi

Ps Evolution is now in the same category as General Relativity (Modern theory of Gravity) and its pretty much a fact at this point and proven to be objectively true so why all the hassle ?

What is mainstream muslim's opinion on the matter?

Last edited:

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
The mainstream opinion is that it's incompatible with Islam.

The mainstream opinion among the educated is mixed.

Education doesn't always mean more correct opinions, and in this case, it can be seen as the educated trying to tie Islam and evolution together with no strings.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Yasir Qadhi believe that human evolution contradicts the islamic creation story?

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Yasir Qadhi believe that human evolution contradicts the islamic creation story?
No he simply pointed out there is no other theory in history that has challenged the quranic paradigm as evolution, which happens to be true, note he didn't say it contradicts it.

Muslims discovered evolution before Darwin in the ninth century. A Baghdad scholar from east Africa named Al-Jahiz wrote:

"Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming them into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to their offspring."

Muhammad al-Nakhshabi wrote a book about natural selection in the tenth century also. This was when Islam was led by scientific and progressive thinkers before the Saudi vandals took over the spiritual leadership of the ummah.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
No he simply pointed out there is no other theory in history that has challenged the quranic paradigm as evolution, which happens to be true, note he didn't say it contradicts it.

Here's a timestamp

Seems like he believes humans today did not evolve from anything, and that God inserted us as the final piece. That goes against the scientific consensus.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Given the fact that Biological evolution is true, Islam has to support it, whats wrong with the idea that Allah oversaw human evolution and created the environment such that the homo sapien species could flourish?

I suppose the biggest clash is the idea of Adam and Eve since modern science suggests theres wasn't one human group in which the human race came from since there slight and gradual genetic chances over the period of time we're talking about

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Here's a timestamp

Seems like he believes humans today did not evolve from anything, and that God inserted us as the final piece. That goes against the scientific consensus.
Interesring after he said that, he went on to say "but im not a scientist"

Well then lets quote actual scientists and see what they have to say on the matter :sass1:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Interesring after he said that, he went on to say "but im not a scientist"

Well then lets quote actual scientists and see what they have to say on the matter :sass1:

So she believes the Islamic creation story is not literal, that's fine. Although i don't see how she justifies that belief scripturally speaking. Seems like she accepts the evidence for human evolution and interpreted the Quran in light of that, instead of letting the Quran speak for itself.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Muslims discovered evolution before Darwin in the ninth century. A Baghdad scholar from east Africa named Al-Jahiz wrote:

"Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming them into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to their offspring."

Muhammad al-Nakhshabi wrote a book about natural selection in the tenth century also. This was when Islam was led by scientific and progressive thinkers before the Saudi vandals took over the spiritual leadership of the ummah.

Source :reallymaury:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Science changes all the time, theories like Spontaneous Generation which believed that living matter could come from nonliving such as Rats could be born from a heap of garbage if left there long enough were once strongly held theories and believed to be true. :draketf:
I feel we can believe what the deen says and also sign off on what modern science says without contradicting ourselves.:manny:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
So she believes the Islamic creation story is not literal, that's fine. Although i don't see how she justifies that belief scripturally speaking. Seems like she accepts the evidence for human evolution and interpreted the Quran in light of that, instead of letting the Quran speak for itself.
Starting to see a pattern? The more educated muslims seem to be on Evolution the futher away they move from conservative interpretation

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Science changes all the time, theories like Spontaneous Generation which believed that living matter could come from nonliving such as Rats could be born from a heap of garbage if left there long enough were once strongly held theories and believed to be true. :draketf:
I feel we can believe what the deen says and also sign off on what modern science says without contradicting ourselves.:manny:
Lookup the difference between a scientific theory and the everyday use of the word theory, evolution falls in the category of the former

I'll help you heres a timestamp

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Starting to see a pattern? The more educated muslims seem to be on Evolution the futher away they move from conservative interpretation

Personally i would prefer it if the mainstream opinion moved away from the established conservative interpretations of the Quran :nvjpqts:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I don't agree with reinterpreting what the deen says to fit into modern views.
That would make us no different from idiot Creationists who have humans riding dinosaur exhibits.

Lookup the difference between a scientific theory and the everyday use of the word theory, evolution falls in the category of the former

I'll help you heres a timestamp

I still contend that you can compartmentalize what the Science of the day says and what we believe the deen says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending