Do German Somalis exist?

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I’ve only heard of diaspora in Nordic countries and uk in Europe.

Gathered this from the site of the federal statistical office of Germany.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah there's a decent sized diaspora in Berlin.

@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer is a german
My humble guesstimation, not sure about the accuracy:
I would assume that most Somalis who came in the early 90s and before settled in former West-Germany and its bigger/ relevant cities or places where small Somali communities were already established, whereas Berlin is more of a "new" terrain for Somalis, where mostly "recent" arrivals (mid 2000s and later) settled, as well as people who relocated there later on for job opportunities. Also a lot of young people/students are eyeing Berlin as Germany's only major city with a more-or-less metropolitan/world-city vibe (Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg, Munich etc. don't really count tbh despite their reasonably large populations).
I guess Berlin had a strong pull on Somalis for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if it has surpassed other cities in terms of the number of Somalis living there.
That said:
:ohno:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 21.54.11.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 21.54.11.png
    369.8 KB · Views: 88

I would assume that most Somalis who came in the early 90s and before settled in former West-Germany and its bigger/ relevant cities or places where small Somali communities were already established, whereas Berlin is more of a "new" terrain for Somalis, where mostly "recent" arrivals (mid 2000s and later) settled, as well as people who relocated there later on for job opportunities. Also a lot of young people/students are eyeing Berlin as Germany's only major city with a more-or-less metropolitan/world-city vibe (Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg, Munich etc. don't really count tbh despite their reasonably large populations).
I guess Berlin had a strong pull on Somalis for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if it has surpassed other cities in terms of the number of Somalis living there.
That said:

That said:

That said:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Used to live there. A lot moved but there's still plenty around.

Noticed they're much different to other diaspora groups.

More low-key and integrated within the wider German community.

Trending