Do any Somalis currently live in mud huts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warya, kleptomania goes against the very concept of that book. You were doomed to fail from the start. A klepto-f*ck buddy by definition takes more than he gives, and its worse than charity bc you're unaware of all the covert 'taking' going on.

I admit it was also read to me, except by a professional book reader lol. Otherwise her monologues would last longer than my attention span.
Yes, making off with the silverware does contradict the ethics of The Fountainhead rather. But I never said I was a believer. I believe too much in redistributing other people's wealth to myself to be much good of an Objectivist. Another drawback is that Miss Rand is a free thinker. I'm a mystic. I believe I am what she would call a witchdoctor and a shaman. I won't lie, I'm a loin wearing geeljire, we respect witchdoctors in my tuulo. I would have thought a Russian would appreciate the mystic soul, but Rand was Russian only in accent.

I always gave more than I pilfered from my lover. What's a few missing bank notes compared to the long and sweaty nights I lost myself in her body? She sends me pleading letters for one more night, just one more, to this day. Crooks have their virtues too.

World

VIP
The lack of a cold climate prevented us from developing technology and the need to settle down.

Those in living in colder regions had to build sturdy shelters well before they started farming.

It's the reason they started to build railways while we still didn't invent the wheel yet. :mjcry:
Wtf are you talking about?

The industrial revolution had nothing to do with climate.

Somalia and Ethiopia were the only two countries in SSA to have the wheel.

Dude, you are clueless.

World

VIP
Necessity is the mother of all Inventions.

We were geographically cut off from other civilisation and our way of life didn't have to change untill the Brits came.
We were connected to the entire Indian Ocean, Red Sea and the Silk Road for thousands of years.

Why would we have the need to do anything other than new smoother poems to pull our next wife?

It seems like our Arabic and Turkish brothers decided to not inform us about recent global changes & tech as they seen us as competitors.

We probably did innovate on our own to some extent but any development too outstanding probably would've been ransacked and burned to the ground by jealous nearby clans or the Al Shabaab of the time.

Most likely the reason why our kingdoms didn't last too long.
Your nothing more than a self hater which is why you’re looking down upon your ancestors and thinking that the Turks (the sick man in Europe) and Arabs(desert dwellers) even had anything they could have given us that we didn’t already have.

Please inform me of these great technologies.

And if you’re comparing Somalia to Western Europe, then know that even China and India stood no chance against them. Tiny Britain colonised the entire Indian subcontinent.

We were connected to the entire Indian Ocean, Red Sea and the Silk Road for thousands of years.

Your nothing more than a self hater which is why you’re looking down upon your ancestors and thinking that the Turks (the sick man in Europe) and Arabs(desert dwellers) even had anything they could have given us that we didn’t already have.

And if you’re comparing Somalia to Western Europe, then know that even China and India stood no chance against them. Tiny Britain colonised the entire Indian subcontinent.

Muh history... Warya watch the thread I made today. Somalia statically speaking is a shit hole. If the US didn't donate 1.1 billion this year we would have another famine.

World

VIP
Muh history... Warya watch the thread I made today. Somalia statically speaking is a shit hole. If the US didn't donate 1.1 billionn this year we would have another famine.
What relevance does that have with anything I said? I’m not going go on your thread, so f*ck off.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Wtf are you talking about?

The industrial revolution had nothing to do with climate.

Somalia and Ethiopia were the only two countries in SSA to have the wheel.

Dude, you are clueless.

Big whoop. The wheel was a stone age technology.

If you're so proud of what we've achieved then I would assume you're happy with were we at now?

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile

We barely inhabited the coast so the hundreds of civilisations beyond the ocean didn't influence us much.

Apart from some intermittent Arabic or Indian merchants that visited the few ports we had; most Somalis were hundreds of miles from the coast.

It's really amazing how we always had the longest coast in Africa but we never turned into a naval power.

Pointing out the obvious doesn't mean I'm hating on our lack of achievements.

I was pointing out the reason for our lack of achievements if you actually read my posts.

We actually did quite well for the shitty position we're in.

However if you don't own up to reality and continue to compare yourself with bushmen after being exposed to new developments then good luck in catching up to even other African countries.

Backwards India realised this after independence and successfully tested its first nuclear bomb a couple decades later.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While we're here still fighting about who gets to sell our energy resources off to the highest bidder.

World

VIP
We barely inhabited the coast so the hundreds of civilisations beyond the ocean didn't influence us much.

Apart from some intermittent Arabic or Indian merchants that visited the few ports we had; most Somalis were hundreds of miles from the coast.

It's really amazing how we always had the longest coast in Africa but we never turned into a naval power.

Pointing out the obvious doesn't mean I'm hating on our lack of achievements.
Your ignorance is astonishing and the nerve you have to even comment on Somali maritime history is beyond me. Maybe you should read more before reiterating absolute crap.

Periplus from the 1st Century C.E commenting on Somali ports:
history1.png

history2.png

history3.png

DFFAEECF-FA9D-4B8C-ADC3-7DD2ECAA68B3.png

The lucrative cinnamon trade:

history_8.png

history4.png

history5.png

history6.png

history9.png

Does this sound like an uninhabited coast that has no contact with any civilisations? I digged this up in a few minutes, and this is all Pre-Islamic. Somali ports were heavily engaged with the Red Sea/Indian Ocean/Silk Road trade over 2000 years ago, let alone after Islam.

Last edited:

World

VIP
Saylac :salute:

16th century Zeila, along with several other settlements on the East African coast, had been visited by the Portuguese explorer and writer Duarte Barbosa, describing the city as such: "Having passed this town of Berbera, and going on, entering the Red Sea, there is another town of the Moors, which is named Zeyla, which is a good place of trade, where many ships navigate and sell their cloths and merchandise. It is very populous, with good houses of stone and white-wash, and good streets ; the houses are covered with terraces, the dwellers in them are black. They have many horses, and breed much cattle of all sorts, which they make use of for milk, and butter, and meat. There is in this country abundance of wheat, millet, barley, and fruits, which they carry thence to Aden."

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There's not enough mud in Somalia. Most people live in houses made of sticks and/or plastic bags, at least that's what the IDP live in. Some in houses made of grass.

Exactly in terms of primitive structures mud huts are not even in the top 2.

Most Somalis live in an 'aqal' which is a temp structure for geeljires. The rest live in ariish or shendoyin? Which is sticks and scrap. Some live in muduuls (mud huts). And even fewer live in houses.

:icon lol: #facts #villasincasapopulaireareafantasy

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Your ignorance is astonishing and the nerve you have to even comment on Somali maritime history is beyond me. Maybe you should read more before reiterating absolute crap.

Periplus from the 1st Century C.E commenting on Somali ports:
history1.png

history2.png

history3.png

View attachment 31916

The lucrative cinnamon trade:

history_8.png

history4.png

history5.png

history6.png

history9.png

Does this sound like an uninhabited coast that has no contact with any civilisations? I digged this up in a few minutes, and this is all Pre-Islamic. Somali ports were heavily engaged with the Red Sea/Indian Ocean/Silk Road trade over 2000 years ago, let alone after Islam.

Seems like you still don't get the point of my post.

We got dealt with some shitty cards and that's why we haven't progressed as far as others that had to in order to survive.

Btw the ports was always controlled by a small Somali group usually with links to foreign merchants.

Most the population never even knew about this trade and this is why you don't hear it in our oral histories.

You're relying on foreign historians to teach you the grand history of your people. How ironic is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending