Do any Somalis currently live in mud huts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh My impression of them is they don't give sound advice, and that they're responsible for a lot of pain

What do you want from them if they use their horses?

In some parts of the country here, there are ppl who still use their horses for transportation. I would love to own a horse eventually

You've obviously read Ayn Rands' long af character monologues enough to accuse me of being her student
Ayn Rand was read aloud to me by my girlfriend of the time. She later dropped me when she discovered I was a kleptomaniac. Word to the wise: don't steal from your f*ck buddy.

VixR

Veritas
Ayn Rand was read aloud to me by my girlfriend of the time. She later dropped me when she discovered I was a kleptomaniac. Word to the wise: don't steal from your f*ck buddy.
Warya, kleptomania goes against the very concept of that book. You were doomed to fail from the start. A klepto-f*ck buddy by definition takes more than he gives, and its worse than charity bc you're unaware of all the covert 'taking' going on.

I admit it was also read to me, except by a professional book reader lol. Otherwise her monologues would last longer than my attention span.

World

VIP
Somalia has no cold nights or a winter.

Many gypsies would live like that in Europe if it weren't for the aforementioned conditions.
Then why don't they live in a yurt (transportable nomadic homes in Euroasian steppes)?

4579701-Yurt-Nomad-s-tent-is-the-national-dwelling-of-Kazakhstan-and-Kirghizstan-peoples-Stock-Photo.jpg

1867a1cd4837da8a012da03c83eb2f96.jpg

They have cold, freezing winters and hot blazing summers. In Somalia we only have droughts but in the steppes they have cruel winters that kill off half of their livestock and droughts that kill off the rest. Between 1999-2002, 11 million livestock died because they had 3 droughts and harsh winters in a row.

:damn:

Apollo

VIP
Then why don't they live in a yurt (transportable nomadic homes in Euroasian steppes)?

They have cold, freezing winters and hot blazing summers. In Somalia we only have droughts but in the steppes they have cruel winters that kill off half of their livestock and droughts that kill off the rest. Between 1999-2002, 11 million livestock died because they had 3 droughts and harsh winters in a row.

:damn:

Those yurts are only for tourists. Mongolia is a modern country now and almost nobody lives like that there.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Yes they do. In the regions of Gedo, Sool, Galgaduud and southern Mudug.

Yea some of my relatives who live in the miyi live in those aqal soomaali
6524e7a7215329951f924002f1a74c24--somali-playhouses.jpg

Went there once. It was interesting, but wouldn't go back until all mines are found :fittytousand:

World

VIP
Mongolia is an upper middle income country. They can afford fancy huts.
"Yurts have been a distinctive feature of life in Central Asia for at least three thousand years. The first written description of a yurt used as a dwelling was recorded by the ancient Greek historian Herodotus . He described yurt-like tents as the dwelling place of the Scythian's, a horse riding-nomadic nation who lived in the northern Black Sea and Central Asian region from around 600 BC to AD 300."

Seems like it's been in use for thousands of years in Eurasia.

How can Somalis live in mud huts when we are proud civilization bearing Cushites who invented everything? Haven't you heard of the Ajuran empire and Adal? We sent space ships to Mars in the fifteenth century.

#ProudCushites
What is your silly point .?Adal and Ajuuran states existed alongside nomadic communities .

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
The lack of a cold climate prevented us from developing technology and the need to settle down.

Those in living in colder regions had to build sturdy shelters well before they started farming.

It's the reason they started to build railways while we still didn't invent the wheel yet. :mjcry:

Guns, germs and steel?

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Guns, germs and steel?

Necessity is the mother of all Inventions.

We were geographically cut off from other civilisation and our way of life didn't have to change untill the Brits came.

Why would we have the need to invent anything other than new smoother poems to pull our next wife?

It seems like our Arabic and Turkish brothers decided to not inform us about recent global changes & tech as they seen us as competitors.

We probably did innovate on our own to some extent but any development too outstanding probably would've been ransacked and burned to the ground by jealous nearby clans or the Al Shabaab of the time.

Most likely the reason why our kingdoms didn't last too long.

The lack of a cold climate prevented us from developing technology and the need to settle down.

Those in living in colder regions had to build sturdy shelters well before they started farming.

It's the reason they started to build railways while we still didn't invent the wheel yet. :mjcry:

But Somalis and Ethiopians used the wheel since before christ

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
But Somalis and Ethiopians used the wheel since before christ

It was meant as a metaphor to show our gap.

I'm sure we used the wheel but we didn't progress any further with that tech.

If horse or even camel driven carts were mainstream then we would've conquered being our past borders already.

It was meant as a metaphor to show our gap.

I'm sure we used the wheel but we didn't progress any further with that tech.

If horse or even camel driven carts were mainstream then we would've conquered being our past borders already.

Water Wheels and horse driven carts were used. Somalia colonized parts of southern Africa and colonized the Maldives

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Aziz_of_Mogadishu

Just because Somalia was behind in tech doesn't mean it was tribal tier. You don't have to make up things to get your point across.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Water Wheels and horse driven carts were used. Somalia colonized parts of southern Africa and colonized the Maldives

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Aziz_of_Mogadishu

Just because Somalia was behind in tech doesn't mean it was tribal tier. You don't have to make up things to get your point across.

Pretty neat. Didn't know Somalis conquered the Maldives for a time.

Shame we didn't continue to hold it as it could've been a great base to further expand into South Asia.

If we were as organised as the Dutch and the Brits eastern trading companies then we could've conquered parts of India centuries before England.

Settles the confusion. I couldn't put those two things together--that your reading is not good enough for ESL but that you can type so well. She must be very well educated by the way she types. Did you import her from Thailand or Brazil? Those countries have disproportionately high rates of shemales.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No importation required. She's a celebrated SSpot user. She speaks flawless Arabic and Somali. She rocks me to sleep in a reer waqooyi accent. I keep the job within the community. Can't have Brazilian hotties filling up all vacancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending