Djibouti Launches First Satellite, Djibouti 1A ,Using SpaceX

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
At least Djibouti is going places unlike Somalia.

Aseer

VIP
Why did you have to be a weirdo and randomly put down Somalia?
:ayaanswag:
It's the truth i am not going to sugarcoat it or lie to myself and others i am completely right in what i said.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Finally internet in Djibouti will be cheap
Happy Winner GIF by Pitshanger Dynamo

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
At least Djibouti is going places unlike Somalia.

Somalia is investing in undersea fibre optic cables and power-plants, both are far more important and practical then a satellite of this nature. This is why internet is so cheap in Somalia and why its on the road to universal electrification.

This is not a starlink project so it will not even bring the price of Internet down in Djibouti, most of the data those satellites will collect are going to be sold to regional NGOs and international orgs with an interest in weather patterns and the effects of climate change.

So kudos to Djibouti, but no need to denigrate Somalia. A single company like Hormuud, Dahabsiil or WorldRemit could have started a similar project if they wanted but the return on investment would be extremely low outside of a cosmetic ‘look we are the African NASA’ achievement.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
By 2040 i plan to see Djiboutians terraforming mars whilst Somalia finally bring tap water to the rest of the nation.

Aseer

VIP
Somalia is investing in undersea fibre optic cables and power-plants, both are far more important and practical then a satellite of this nature. This is why internet is so cheap in Somalia and why its on the road to universal electrification.

This is not a starlink project so it will not even bring the price of Internet down in Djibouti, most of the data those satellites will collect are going to be sold to regional NGOs and international orgs with an interest in weather patterns and the effects of climate change.

So kudos to Djibouti, but no need to denigrate Somalia. A single company like Hormuud, Dahabsiil or WorldRemit could have started a similar project if they wanted but the return on investment would be extremely low outside of a cosmetic ‘look we are the African NASA’ achievement.
hmmm out of all the things Somalia is investing in they invest the little resources we have into internet? when we have far bigger problems? no wonder why the country is crap faster internet over better wellbeing and development.

Aseer

VIP
Djibouti will be a super power by 2030 mark my words.
Only part of somalia that is doing well them and somaliland are the only ones going forward they are like the good bunch of kids that became successful while one is lost (ogaden) , another became a loser (somalia) another being attached and staying with the loser sibling (puntland) and another trying to take over a country on the inside (NFD)

Three Moons

hmmm out of all the things Somalia is investing in they invest the little resources we have into internet? when we have far bigger problems? no wonder why the country is crap faster internet over better wellbeing and development.

Internet allows Somalia to have a monthly multibillion mobile money industry with transactions that positively affects every walk of life, be it salary payments, groceries, banking, healthcare, communication, entertainment, domestic trade, and international trade. It provides the hundreds of thousands of students attending schools, colleges and universities the opportunity to access online resources.

It also provides a direct link between the country and their families in the diaspora, including the latter’s ability to support those that are less fortunate in the form of remittances. Internet has resulted in many of the major Somali Telecom companies now being able to diversify into other sectors of the Somali economy, which is why its growing fast.

I also noticed that you ignored my point about electrification, which is a true indicator of a country’s development and future growth, but that can only be because you don’t actually care about Somalia or its development, you just wanted to whine.

Heal.

Djibouti already took over the fiber optic cable game in east africa 5 years ago, We provide internet to the biggest african countries like Ethiopia ,Kenya, Somalia even Yemen is included
Djibouti-Telecom-Updated-DARE1-Map.jpg

Last edited:

Aseer

VIP
Internet allows Somalia to have a monthly multibillion mobile money industry with transactions that positively affects every walk of life, be it salaries, groceries, domestic trade, and international trade. It provides the hundreds of thousands of students attending schools, colleges and universities the opportunity to access online resources.

It also provides a direct link between the country and their families in the diaspora, including the latter’s ability to support those that are less fortunate in the form of remittances. Internet has resulted in many of the major Somali Telecom companies now being able to diversify into other sectors of the Somali economy, which is why its growing fast.

I also noticed that you ignored my point about electrification, which is a true indicator of a country’s development and future growth, but that can only be because you don’t actually care about Somalia or its development.

Heal.
Cool a never ending cycle of remit money that's why you guys are so lazy since you rely on remit money and let's be honest it was only developed so it's easier to receive remit money oh guess what MAJORITY OF OUR ECONOMY IS REMIT MONEY let that sink in as for domestic/international trade you guys stuffed that up no one would be willing to trade much with a unstable/failed state , schools and universities their degrees have zero value in that hellhole and sure electrification is good but its wiser to pour into other sources and it's not i don't care about Somalia its i gave up on it that place will continue and stay as a hellhole

Three Moons

Cool a never ending cycle of remit money that's why you guys are so lazy since you rely on remit money and let's be honest it was only developed so it's easier to receive remit money oh guess what MAJORITY OF OUR ECONOMY IS REMIT MONEY let that sink in as for

Remittances are $2 to $3 billion, the economy is worth more than $32 billion, so your math is off. Secondly, global remittances is a $5.4 trillion industry, so clearly Somalis aren’t the only ones sending money back to their loved ones, and more importantly that extra hard currency injection is one of the reasons why Somalia is not in the Top 10 poorest countries in the world, despite having one foot still in a conflict.

domestic/international trade you guys stuffed that up no one would be willing to trade much with a unstable/failed state , schools and universities their degrees have zero value in that hellhole and sure electrification is good but its wiser to pour into other sources and it's not i don't care about Somalia its i gave up on it that place will continue and stay as a hellhole

Then why is Somalia the biggest trading partner to all of its neighbours? Clearly you have no idea how economics work, since you can’t even grasp the importance of electrification on a country’s growth, and economic potential. Nobody cares that you gave up on Somalia, I’m not here to baby an entitled diaspora brat, what does matter is that Somalia is making significant progress on every metric and this will increase ten-fold next year when the debt is cancelled and FDI floods in.

Last edited:

Aseer

VIP
Remittances are $2 to $3 billion, the economy is worth more than $32 billion, so clearly your math is off. Secondly, global remittances is a $5.4 trillion industry, so clearly Somalis aren’t the only ones sending money back to their loved ones,
First of all, the economy is 8 billion if you check 2022 GDP of Somalia its 8 BILLION and your right for the remittances being 2-3 Billion so clearly YOUR math's is off buddy countries like Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria have double our GDP imagine that and these guys are in the same or worser situations than us!

and more importantly that extra hard currency injection is one of the reasons why Somalia is not in the Top 10 poorest countries in the world, despite having one foot still in a conflict.
1699966976696.png
Must I need to explain more?
Then why is Somalia the biggest trading partner to all of its neighbours? Clearly you have no idea how economics work, since you can’t even grasp the importance of electrification on a country’s growth, and economic potential.
Yeah DUH of course it is cause we are trading crap for crap next to our... DING DING DING! , CRAP NEIGHBOURS our products have zero value oh wait WE DONT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH ECONOMY TO EXPORT MUCH OR IMPORT MUCH ONLY FOR MAJOR CITIES!!! and sure electrification is important but you still got to remember we are in a CRAP situation with a CRAP government and with CRAP IDIOTIC CITIZENS who care for their own since it's a every Qabil for themselves back there so even if we do have electrification that won't help much since the system must be changed for there to BE change.
Nobody cares that you gave up on Somalia, I’m not here to baby an entitled diaspora brat, what does matter is that Somalia is making significant progress on every metric and this will increase ten-fold next year when the debt is cancelled
Yeah of course I don't care if you care or not care I'm just sick and tired of this false hope and false "good stuff" you guys are cherry-picking and acting like as if everything's going alright and trying to make Somalia seem like less of a hellhole but a "Good Hellhole" you get what i mean. And what progress on what metric? millimeters? nanometers? yeah, I'm going to need a magnifying glass to see this "progress" and like I said the problems won't go unless the system is changed and a strong and non-corrupt guy takes charge with a strong governmental system so that debt will still be around.
and FDI floods in.
FDI? FDI? HEL, NO TO THE NO NO BUDDY that won't happen in a hundred years why? cause of al-Shabaab and don't say "Oh but al-Shabaab is weakened" they are still here. and Somalia is unsafe TOO unsafe Somalis in the diaspora tried FDI in Somalia especially Mogadishu and guess what all destroyed and bombed the only place safe to do FDI would be in Somaliland and Djibouti and maybe Puntland and I can't be bothered explaining but these guys are developing because of qabiyalad there's much more to say but I can't be bothered going down this never-ending rabbit hole but to put it short clannism is the root of all causes for Somalia if that plague isn't exterminated Somalia will never rise. I rest my case and please just stop this false hope you and other members are spreading we all know the truth but refuse to deny it and try to cover it up with a facade of good things.

Attachments

• 1699965984803.png
    1699965984803.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 28

Three Moons

First of all, the economy is 8 billion if you check 2022 GDP of Somalia its 8 BILLION

The 2023 report by the IMF is more recent and puts the nominal at $11 billion and the PPP at $32 billion:

B884FB28-426B-4114-800B-0D0C277EE4B6.jpeg

67B6B64B-3943-44EC-BF8A-54B8EED589B9.jpeg

and your right for the remittances being 2-3 Billion so clearly YOUR math's is off buddy countries like Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria have double our GDP imagine that and these guys are in the same or worser situations than us!

First of all, Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen have a lower nominal GDP per capita than Somalia and secondly they also have double the population than Somalia, so it is logic that their economies would be bigger than ours, same way India has a bigger economy than the UK.

What matters in this equation is that Somalia has graduated from the Top 10 poorest countries in the world, and is on the path to leave the top 30 al-together based on IMF’s projections.

View attachment 303400Must I need to explain more?

Explain why you are using outdated information to portray Somalia in a negative light, when in 2023, these are the Top 10 poorest countries in the world;

C06463AB-85ED-478E-88B0-E59DCE361238.jpeg

Yeah DUH of course it is cause we are trading crap for crap next to our... DING DING DING! , CRAP NEIGHBOURS our products have zero value oh wait WE DONT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH ECONOMY TO EXPORT MUCH OR IMPORT MUCH ONLY FOR MAJOR CITIES!!!

You are being dishonest. First you denied that anyone would want to trade with Somalia, then when I pointed out the opposite, you go on a CAPSLOCK tangent about the value of the products traded. Do you have no shame?

and sure electrification is important but you still got to remember we are in a CRAP situation with a CRAP government and with CRAP IDIOTIC CITIZENS who care for their own since it's a every Qabil for themselves back there so even if we do have electrification that won't help much since the system must be changed for there to BE change.

You are just waffling, mixing ideologies with economics. It doesn’t matter whether a Somali Democrat, a Communist, a Fascist, a Qabilist or flat-earther establishes a power-plant, it will still provide power to those that need it regardless of their political affiliation.

Yeah of course I don't care if you care or not care I'm just sick and tired of this false hope and false "good stuff" you guys are cherry-picking and acting like as if everything's going alright and trying to make Somalia seem like less of a hellhole but a "Good Hellhole" you get what i mean. And what progress on what metric? millimeters? nanometers? yeah, I'm going to need a magnifying glass to see this "progress" and like I said the problems won't go unless the system is changed and a strong and non-corrupt guy takes charge with a strong governmental system so that debt will still be around.

FDI? FDI? HEL, NO TO THE NO NO BUDDY that won't happen in a hundred years why? cause of al-Shabaab and don't say "Oh but al-Shabaab is weakened" they are still here. and Somalia is unsafe TOO unsafe Somalis in the diaspora tried FDI in Somalia especially Mogadishu and guess what all destroyed and bombed the only place safe to do FDI would be in Somaliland and Djibouti and maybe Puntland and I can't be bothered explaining but these guys are developing because of qabiyalad there's much more to say but I can't be bothered going down this never-ending rabbit hole but to put it short clannism is the root of all causes for Somalia if that plague isn't exterminated Somalia will never rise. I rest my case and please just stop this false hope you and other members are spreading we all know the truth but refuse to deny it and try to cover it up with a facade of good things.

More waffle, bro you need Quran saar. I have no interest in changing your world view, be a man and do your own research with an open mind, not this exorcism worthy emotional baggage you are carrying around.

Trending

Latest posts