Djibouti developing at an alarming rate.

Do you consider djiboutians as Somali?

• yes

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • no

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Some speak Somali, but those numbers are hot air.
I would say less than 5% of afars speak Somali. Probably due to the fact that we don't learn Somali in school. Funny thing in Djibouti is that the official language is French not Somali yet people struggle to speak French and many kids drop out of school because of that. our education system needs serious reform

Apollo

VIP
I would say less than 5% of afars speak Somali. Probably due to the fact that we don't learn Somali in school. Funny thing in Djibouti is that the official language is French not Somali yet people struggle to speak French and many kids drop out of school because of that. our education system needs serious reform

On the opposite side of the spectrum, you also have elite Djiboutian Somalis who go over the top with French and speak French at home. I have seen some of those.

VIP
Only things keeping them down is dictatorship and being a to the us,japan,Ethiopia,France and soon China.

Inchallah the president will die soon. Its hard to say no to these military bases when they're offering 75-100 million per year. We will see how these investments pan out in 20 years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending