District level population density in Somalia.

Not actually.

Ciise inhabit Awdal but their population consists only of pastoralists who settle only seasonally. They mainly inhabit one district (Zeila) which is itself sparsely populated. In terms of sheer numbers, out of the 13 seats for the SL parliament allocated to Awdal, they couldn't produce 1. Every single parliament seat was a token seat for representation which is why the Ciise have even that 1 seat. 12/13 seats are Gadabursi. And it's been the same result since the first elections were ever held in SL.

The new mayor of Zeila is Ciise and the deputy mayor is Gadabursi and the new mayor of Xariirad is Gadabursi.

The Isaaq are non existent in Awdal. In the recent elections, they couldn't produce one xildhibaan in any of the 4 districts of Awdal. They literally don't exist. The eastern most district is Baki which included many of the towns formerly part of the Gabiley district during the Somalia era. And all the xildhibaans were all Gadabursi. Not one Isaaq anywhere in Awdal.

In the 4 districts of Awdal (Borama, Baki, Lughaya and Zeila), in golaha barlamaanka, the Gadabursi produced 92.3% of the parliament seats allocated to Awdal with one token seat given to Ciise.

Awdal is pretty much 99% Gadabursi.
Well let's talk facts in here Ciise could have gotten 4 seats but they weren't that enthusiastic about it in the 90s since most of them feel closer to Djibouti and their regions in Ethiopia and the same thing about SM sub clan who basically run for elections in gabiley region that's why it was no problem to give Awdal region entirely to Samaroon Gadabursi.

Well let's talk facts in here Ciise could have gotten 4 seats but they weren't that enthusiastic about it in the 90s since most of them feel closer to Djibouti and their regions in Ethiopia and the same thing about SM sub clan who basically run for elections in gabiley region that's why it was no problem to give Awdal region entirely to Samaroon Gadabursi.

The Ciise did better in Zeila this year, they got 3 more seats than the Samaroon this year. Just like the Garxajis got 3 more seats than the Habar Awal in the Hargeisa district council. But because Zeila is always competitive due to politics in neighbouring Djibouti, the mayor of Zeila is Ciise and the deputy mayor of Zeila is Gadabursi. The Gadabursi won Zeila town in the elections, but the villages of Cabdulqaadir, Jidhi, Sheekh Ciise tipped the favour. But because the region is made up of 4 districts, the numbers amounted to almost nothing when compared to the other districts which is why Ciise didn't win the numbers to produce any xildhibaan for the Awdal representative parliament and were gifted a token seat. Since the first time elections were ever held in SL, the Ciise could not produce more than one representative in the parliament which shows the numbers.
The Isaaq are pretty much non existent though and I'm being very generous. Since 1960 independence and with the creation of the 4 districts of Baki, Borama, Zeila, Lughaya, they never once held mayor or vice mayor position in any town in what is now Awdal at any of the grade levels.

The Ciise did better in Zeila this year, they got 3 more seats than the Samaroon this year. Just like the Garxajis got 3 more seats than the Habar Awal in the Hargeisa district council. But because Zeila is always competitive due to politics in neighbouring Djibouti, the mayor of Zeila is Ciise and the deputy mayor of Zeila is Gadabursi. The Gadabursi won Zeila town in the elections, but the villages of Cabdulqaadir, Jidhi, Sheekh Ciise tipped the favour. But because the region is made up of 4 districts, the numbers amounted to almost nothing when compared to the other districts which is why Ciise didn't win the numbers to produce any xildhibaan for the Awdal representative parliament and were gifted a token seat
The Isaaq are pretty much non existent though and I'm being very generous. Since 1960 independence and with the creation of the 4 districts of Baki, Borama, Zeila, Lughaya, they never once held mayor or vice mayor position in any town in what is now Awdal.
I agree all what you said except Hargeysa that ain't HA city
giphy.gif

I agree all what you said except Hargeysa that ain't HA city
giphy.gif

@Gantaal97

I don't much about Hargeisa but I assume it is mainly Garxajis, HA and Arab. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

However because it's very competitive, depending on the election season it can go either Garxajis or HA. The new mayor o Hargeisa is Garxajis and the deputy mayor is HA.
It's like Zeila, it can go either way depending on the seasonal political shifts, changes and influences.

@Gantaal97

I don't much about Hargeisa but I assume it is mainly Garxajis, HA and Arab. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

However because it's very competitive, depending on the election season it can go either Garxajis or HA. The new mayor o Hargeisa is Garxajis and the deputy mayor is HA.
It's like Zeila, it can go either way depending on the seasonal political shifts, changes and influences.
Yeah just like you said Hargeysa is pretty much shared between HA GX and Arap