Dispelling myths of the USC invasion of Galkacyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
That’s false Hutus could never enter Gaalkacyo despite Hutus just pillaging Mogadishu and the SNA, and Gaalkacyo residents being unarmed for the most part.

The article has a slight error they meant Majeerteen and not Mx, this is obvious due to the fact Mx never controlled Gaalkacyo and their traditional territory doesn’t extend north of Gaalkacyo.
The main front line in the ongoing, low-level war in central Somalia is the town of Gaalkacyo. The home town of Somalia's premier warlord, Mohamed Farah Aideed, it is in the hands of a rival warlord, who is the military leader of the Marehan faction recently loyal to ousted dictator Mohamed Siad Barre. The Marehan militia calls itself the Somali National Front and is commanded by Mohamed Said Hersi Morgan, Siad Barre's son-in-law and a former defense minister under him. Aideed's United Somali Congress militia and Morgan's force engage in periodic skirmishes around Gaalkacyo -- facing off with tanks and artillery in hit-and-run grabs for territory.

For Aideed, this battle is personal. The central region is the traditional area of his Habr Gedir faction, and he is fighting to reclaim territory he sees as rightfully his. For the Marehan, the battle is over survival. Members of the faction fear a victorious Aideed would continue to sweep north into their traditional territory, and they are trying to hold the line at Gaalkacyo.

Again they meant SSDF, as the SNF was operating in the south.

This was mostly captured USC equipment.

According to Canadian military intelligence officers, who have made several reconnaissance missions into the area and who maintain contact with the local warlords, Morgan's Somali National Front is believed to have about 1,000 regulars and can draw on an additional 5,000 fighters from the Marehan. The standing force is equipped with more than a dozen tanks, six armored personnel carriers, 32 technicals and several antitank guns and artillery pieces, the Canadian sources said

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...64d5f11/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.182b7069539e

Last edited:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Let's give credit where it's due. Both Lelkase and faction of SNF Militias commanded by General Abdiaziz Ali Barre (The 1d00r slayer and the commander of the 26th Somali armed division stationed in the north) participated the Battle of Galkacyo and it was a success. USC union of Hawiye clans plus Dir, Madowweyne attacked Galkacyo in the midst of the night undetected. But the combined efforts of Majeerteen clans, Lelkase and the SNF division headed by General Abdiaziz Ali Barre recaptured the city and repulsed any USC led attacks after that. Habar Gidir were cleansed from the city and it took 2 years for their civilians to come back to their homes in 1993 peace pact b/w Aideed and Abdullahi Yusuf. Allowing them to come back was a disastrous decision imo.

Who was the general. Qabil
Let's give credit where it's due. Both Lelkase and faction of SNF Militias commanded by General Abdiaziz Ali Barre (The 1d00r slayer and the commander of the 26th Somali armed division stationed in the north) participated the Battle of Galkacyo and it was a success. USC union of Hawiye clans plus Dir, Madowweyne attacked Galkacyo in the midst of the night undetected. But the combined efforts of Majeerteen clans, Lelkase and the SNF division headed by General Abdiaziz Ali Barre recaptured the city and repulsed any USC led attacks after that. Habar Gidir were cleansed from the city and it took 2 years for their civilians to come back to their homes in 1993 peace pact b/w Aideed and Abdullahi Yusuf. Allowing them to come back was a disastrous decision imo.

Gaalkacyo was a Majeerteen city until a Majeerteen man invited Sacad to live with him.

During the surprise attack on Galkacyo they killed his son or grandson.

Anyway, people keep talking about Umar Maxamoud/Majeerteen and Gaalkacyo but we have never lost our land even after the civil war when these mythical allies left.

The fact remains that Majeerteen is one of the only clans in Somalia whose ancestral land and power remains intact even though HAG tried countless times to take over.

Let them concoct their fairytales whilst they are occupied or babysat by foreigners like weaklings

Gaalkacyo is a Majeerteen/Tanade stronghold.

Forget the civil war, ICU/Alshaydan/IiSir and HAG etc have tried to attack us countless times and we have foiled their plans and their attacks.

Whether it is Cabdi Ciise and Eastern Mudug or Gaalkacyo or Bari and the Niqabi gang, PUNTLAND LAMA QABSADO.

Where were our mythical Daarood allies when ICU attacked? When Alshaydan attacks? When HAG attacks every other year since the civil war?

They cannot call Mjs poor or politically irrelevant, so they say you are militarily "weak", they are just projecting, the occupied weaklings.

Last edited:
My aunt was telling me of how habaargidir caught a caravan travelling and killed everone in it the sole survivor was my cousin who was so traumatized that he just became a stoic camelherder to this day.

My aunt was telling me of how habaargidir caught a caravan travelling and killed everone in it the sole survivor was my cousin who was so traumatized that he just became a stoic camelherder to this day.

Hawiye really messed up. They had the power to rule the country but they were just thirsty for blood.

The power they would have had today would be unmatched.

Shame.

Forget the civil war, ICU/Alshaydan/IiSir and HAG etc have tried to attack us countless times and we have foiled their plans and their attacks.

Whether it is Cabdi Ciise and Eastern Mudug or Gaalkacyo or Bari and the Niqabi gang, PUNTLAND LAMA QABSADO.

Where were our mythical Daarood allies when ICU attacked? When Alshaydan attacks? When HAG attackes every other year since the civil war?

Majeerteen has never even fully entered a war together, if we did and we didn't have our elders/politicians calming us down, a lot of people would be wiped from earth's surface.
Baraxley can be wipedout by my subtrive IO alone. Naxariis majerteen cirka mugiis kabadan.
These 'darod allies' are themselves attacking us from the ddsi and at kismayo.

Hawiye really messed up. They had the power to rule the country but they were just thirsty for blood.

The power they would have had today would be unmatched.

Shame.
Had they conducted a regular coup and take the presidency they wouldve been the leaders of the most powerful african country at that time.

Baraxley can be wipedout by my subtrive IO alone. Naxariis majerteen cirka mugiis kabadan.
These 'darod allies' are themselves attacking us from the ddsi and at kismayo.

Walahi those elders and politicians hold us back constantly whenever we have a conflict.

The same civility that we enjoy in Puntland through their leadership is the same one that pisses me off in warfare.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
I’m glad you did not deny the sacrifices of SNF forces in the defense of Gaalkacyo however the peace settlement MJ unilaterally took with Sacad i feel weakened the overall struggle to permanently neutralize USC in central Somalia and cleanse them in southern Somalia

Manzana

𐒖 𐒚𐒒𐒘𐒂𐒗𐒆 𐒖𐒒𐒆 𐒈𐒂𐒇𐒙𐒒𐒌 𐒁𐒚𐒒𐒂. PIM.
Gaalkacyo was a Majeerteen city until a Majeerteen man invited Sacad to live with him.

Anyway, people keep talking about Umar Maxamoud/Majeerteen and Gaalkacyo but we have never lost our land even after the civil war when these mythical allies left.

The fact remains that Majeerteen is one of the only clans in Somalia whose ancestral land and power remains intact even though HAG tried countless times to take over.

Let them concoct their fairytales whilst they are occupied or babysat by foreigners like weaklings

Yep, it was his Sacad nephew. The residents of the city were against having a non-MJ live in the city but the old man was adamant and so they just let it go.

Hawiye's have the audacity to say “Mogadishu annaga leh” but at the same time they want to live in Galkacyo? Hell no that’s not gonna fly. They need to be sent packing!

I’m glad you did not deny the sacrifices of SNF forces in the defense of Gaalkacyo however the peace settlement MJ unilaterally took with Sacad i feel weakened the overall struggle to permanently neutralize USC in central Somalia and cleanse them in southern Somalia
I don't agree with the peacedeal their back should have been broken then and there, instead of 2006. It was a mistake thinking the squatting and war would continue that long.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Galkacyo is traditional Sacad deegan. You have some deep hatred. Shaydaanka iska naar

A leelkase man told me before when beledxawo was invaded by usc, a bull came running to the city.

That same bull came running to galkaciyo before usc invasion.

Dagaal habka sixirka ayey isticmaleen usc:yacadiim:

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
A leelkase man told me before when beledxawo was invaded by usc, a bull came running to the city.

That same bull came running to galkaciyo before usc invasion.

Dagaal habka sixirka ayey isticmaleen usc:yacadiim:
I’ve heard this story too that’s wild:pachah1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending