Disdain house chores

Excerpt from Farhat Hashmi’s speeches.

If you see today people feel dishonored or complain for doing house chores.

Ali reported that Fatima complained of the suffering caused to her by the hand mill.

Some Captives were brought to the Prophet, she came to him but did not find him at home `Aisha was present there to whom she told (of her desire for a servant). When the Prophet (saw) came, Aisha informed him about Fatima’s visit.

`Ali added “So the Prophet (saw) came to us, while we had gone to our bed I wanted to get up but the Prophet (saw) said, “Remain at your place”.

Then he sat down between us till I found the coolness of his feet on my chest.

Then he said, “Shall I teach you a thing which is better than what you have asked me?

When you go to bed, say, ‘Allahu-Akbar’ thirty-four times, and ‘Subhan Allah thirty-three times, and ‘Al hamdu-li l-lah thirty-three times for that is better for you both than a servant.” (Bukhrari 3705)

This litany was provided to remove fatigue. Sometimes there are circumstances one cannot afford to have a maid or servant. If someone not used to doing house chores, they have to do them, they feel oppressed. Sometimes even in-laws interfere and say ‘oh you have become a maid.’

Is someone’s honor greater than the honor of Fatima? She was given the good news of being a woman of paradise. She is doing house chores herself. Its not just any leader, chief or a man with prestige. Prophet (saw) is leader of all leaders. Prophet (saw) is greatest among all of humanity. It’s his daughter. Fatima is the leader of women in paradise.

Aisha reported that…he (saw) said. ‘Don’t you like to be the chief of all the ladies of Paradise or the chief of the believing women?…” (Bukhari 3623,3624)

Fatima (rad) is doing the house chores and using treadmill. If she is asking for a servant, Prophet (saw) didn’t provide her a servant when he (saw) was able to do so, instead gave a litany. And the daughter ie Fatima is not upset, angry saying what kind of love is this. This is when Prophet (saw) deeply loved Fatima (rad).

Al-Miswar bin Makhrama reported Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, “Fatima is a part of me, and he who makes her angry, makes me angry.” (Bukhari 3714)

Ourselves what do we do when we love our children? We express it by spoiling them. We don’t want them to any type of work neither we teach them how to do work. The love Prophet (saw) had for Fatima, what is it teaching? Do house chores with patience and rid your fatigue by reciting this litany.

Trending

Latest posts