Discussion - Is There An All In One Academic Course

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I personally wanted to ask you guys if your aware of an all in one 4 year course across every academic knowledge domain? I love diverse, strength in diversity approach to learning rather then vertical one area learning but horizontal. I want the courses to be high level, focused on laws, concept, theories only.

An example, If Islam was introduced as a subject, I just want the major laws,high level concepts, themes, theories. I don't want all the details within it, same with any academic field. I can decide then what to vertically explore later on when I am horizontally established myself.

I feel incomplete just focusing on one domain at an expert level and it becomes very boring for my personality type. Plus I don't know what my real passion is if I don't have all knowledge domains provided to me to explore at an high level only, after such time, I can make a decision only.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I also want to know the goal-post or paradigm established and understood well first. I want to know the founders of each in history, contributors in concepts and theories over time. Sometimes I don't agree with the paradigm or goal post. For example Somalinimo is paradigm and goal post all our leaders work within, I actually am against it. I fear also the same if im in academic field where the paradigm is the problem and im going down the rabbit hole.

I know how to identify myself when there is goal-post is the problem but im open to explore the goal post of all fields with a heavy focus there before I even start thinking or learning in that direction and eventually contributing towards.

Like mental illness, I can't work within those goal-posts of psycharity, becuz the goal post is wrong for me, but it's just mental diversity and it's not disability, it's just differences only. U see what I mean by goal post conflicts? I am exploring other fields to find their goal posts.

You can do self-learning. People don't appreciate it but learning in the true sense does not need to have an academic certificate to be worthy. Education is not limited to what you learned in school. Institutional courses have pragmatic functions that do not capture the full extent of educational grounds. Education is a life-long process.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You can do self-learning. People don't appreciate it but learning in the true sense does not need to have an academic certificate to be worthy. Education is not limited to what you learned in school. Institutional courses have pragmatic functions that do not capture the full extent of educational grounds. Education is a life-long process.

I learn better when I know what the goal posts are or philosophical founders of each knowledge domain, this makes me explore in that direction in support of the direction or I reject the direction set as either not fully capturing the domain.

Their some symptoms I see when the direction set is faulty such as slow progress, lot's of systemic errors, problems re-presenting itself where it's no longer an anomoly or random but is quite calculated.

I also know myself well and only hold one universal truth to 100% conviction and strength level and that is universal change principle, I seen how this is universal and even applies to me as I change from week to week and know when I die, this will be the only thing I can say for certain I hold with 100% conviction.

I also then measure whatever conviction I hold to be true by scaling it to compare it to that, which every other topic comes nowhere close in strong conviction but doubts. Some convictions are stronger relatively to others like evolution I am pretty much 80% settled but also know their could be other factors or dimensions not fully captured which may be found in later time periods.

I am also strongly convinced of horizontal(govt, courts, parliament)-vertical(federal, regional, local) for societies who are not fuedal and have pre-existing identity allegiances and societies coming out of civil war and lack trust in a public unified authority. Im pretty much settled on this also but remember it's relative and not at the scale of complete conviction like I hold with universal change.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Brother where are u at your personal growth. Always measure where u were before or phases of your life, that's the real competition internally to yourself so your 'truth' even tho will evolve n change as long as your better then where it was yesterday and your not in mindless robotic stage 'like showering'. I think each generation by 20 year blocs should provide mentorship to the generation below on their journey in Somalia, that would make our nation a wicked cooperative team not internally competing or even destroying.

Try to scale your 'truth' conviction based on what u hold 100% true like I do with 'change' and then test how strong everything else is against ur strongest conviction, everything can then be scaled from their to determine it's strength as strongly held but not 100%, medium ground, weak strength, undecided and then total rejection which also scales within itself.

Last edited:
Brother where are u at your personal growth. Always measure where u were before or phases of your life, that's the real competition internally to yourself so your 'truth' even tho will evolve n change as long as your better then where it was yesterday and your not in mindless robotic stage 'like showering'. I think each generation by 20 year blocs should provide mentorship to the generation below on their journey in Somalia, that would make our nation a wicked cooperative team not internally competing or even destroying.

Try to scale your 'truth' conviction based on what u hold 100% true like I do with 'change' and then test how strong everything else is against ur strongest conviction, everything can then be scaled from their to determine it's strength as strongly held but not 100%, medium ground, weak strength, undecided and then total rejection which also scales within itself.
I am a Muslim, sxb. I don't need to arbitrarily parametrize my life like a science project trying to compensate for a complete and perfect lifeway -- that's folly. For personal matters, all one needs are sensibility, some rational grounding, and humility.

You remind me of that Sam Harris. An individual who thought he could construct measures for a moral landscape based on arbitrary subjective materialist maximization. It's ridiculous ego foolishness.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am a Muslim, sxb. I don't need to arbitrarily parametrize my life like a science project trying to compensate for a complete and perfect lifeway -- that's folly. For personal matters, all one needs are sensibility, some rational grounding, and humility.

You remind me of that Sam Harris. An individual who thought he could construct measures for a moral landscape based on arbitrary subjective materialist maximization. It's ridiculous ego foolishness.

Very brutal and honest. Humility is something I need to learn but it's not easy. Like when u see knowledge is so diverse, deep, just 1 library u wouldn't be able to go thru it all, let alone online presence and add to the fact it's not closed off and just never ends, that requires humility and admitting to yourself u will never know everything.

But that idea of 1 academic course covering all fields in knowledge presented at a high level such as laws, concepts, theories would be a dam gem as you now at least know things at high level and can decide where to explore further vertically. I love horizonal learning first and vertical later, but current set up is 1 field and vertical approach top to down struture.

Very brutal and honest. Humility is something I need to learn but it's not easy. Like when u see knowledge is so diverse, deep, just 1 library u wouldn't be able to go thru it all, let alone online presence and add to the fact it's not closed off and just never ends, that requires humility and admitting to yourself u will never know everything.

But that idea of 1 academic course covering all fields in knowledge presented at a high level such as laws, concepts, theories would be a dam gem as you now at least know things at high level and can decide where to explore further vertically. I love horizonal learning first and vertical later, but current set up is 1 field and vertical approach top to down struture.
From a strictly intellectual perspective, vertical learning is suitable from a streamlined student standpoint. If an individual wants to go beyond the textbook foundations and gain formulations of "original" knowledge on novel theoretic acquisition, embracing non-linearity will provide a wealth of insight.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
From a strictly intellectual perspective, vertical learning is suitable from a streamlined student standpoint. If an individual wants to go beyond the textbook foundations and gain formulations of "original" knowledge on novel theoretic acquisition, embracing non-linearity will provide a wealth of insight.

What I mean by high level concepts, theories, laws. I don't want all the details vertically not yet anyways, like Islam, lets say that was a topic, Just themes, concepts, laws, etc not every vertical level expertise, I mean that type of format but on all knowledge domains in a 4 year all in 1 package. After such time that I am horizontally equipped, I can discuss with anyone about their area and not feel this 'lack of all knowledge void' and then even find my own passion where I build up which domain I want to vertically learn 4 the details.