dilemma

so every time i want to go pray i would tell my coworkers that i am going to the bathroom i don't know why i didn't feel comfortable telling them am going to pray .now my manager called me into a meeting giving me the side eye that i go to the bathroom a lot as if i am doing stuff there when in fact all i do is look for private prayer area or do wudu.
Now i know why my people are more inclined towards the entrepreneur route.

VixR

Veritas
Tell your manager the truth.

I mean, you wear hijab right, so it shouldn’t be met with surprise. Tell her you’ve been saying you’re going to the bathroom, but really you were praying 1 or another of your 5 daily prayers, and explain why you were covering that up to keep it private. You have laws that protect you. You don’t even have to tell your other coworkers, so long as your manager knows.

If you think about it, if you tell your coworkers you’re going to the bathroom, but you’re gone 15 mins at a time, they are going to think you’re fooling around, and that’s probably why it went up to management.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Tell your manager the truth.

I mean, you wear hijab right, so it shouldn’t be met with surprise. Tell her you’ve been saying you’re going to the bathroom, but really you were praying 1 or another of your 5 daily prayers, and explain why you were covering that up to keep it private. You have laws that protect you. You don’t even have to tell your other coworkers, so long as your manager knows.

If you think about it, if you tell your coworkers you’re going to the bathroom, but you’re gone 15 mins at a time, they are going to think you’re fooling around, and that’s probably why it went up to management.
I agree with @VixR 100%.
Alhamdillah there is 2 Muslim coworkers in my workplace. We always cover for each when we go to pray.
I always pray dhur on my lunch break @12:30-1pm

Don't be uncomfortable telling them you pray 5 times a day. Your coworkers probably go on smoke breaks that take longer than the time it takes to go pray. Don't shy away.

Eventually they get used to it and remind you that it is prayer time. That's what they did for me.

Being upfront is always better than hiding things that they should know about.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
so every time i want to go pray i would tell my coworkers that i am going to the bathroom i don't know why i didn't feel comfortable telling them am going to pray .now my manager called me into a meeting giving me the side eye that i go to the bathroom a lot as if i am doing stuff there when in fact all i do is look for private prayer area or do wudu.
Now i know why my people are more inclined towards the entrepreneur route.

No honey u aint going to pray, every working 8 hour shift has at least one salat prayer. If u work in the day, so that will be only Dhuhur prayer.

Tell us who u meeting huuno? Or is it Iphone time? With who?

No honey u aint going to pray, every working 8 hour shift has at least one salat prayer. If u work in the day, so that will be only Dhuhur prayer.

Tell us who u meeting huuno? Or is it Iphone time? With who?
You knw winter time prayers are back to back. Plus Sometimes i just wanted to get away from all the gossip. Made me sick. The pay was shit and they wanted to enslave me.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You knw winter time prayers are back to back. Plus Sometimes i just wanted to get away from all the gossip. Made me sick. The pay was shit and they wanted to enslave me.

lol then say that, don't use Salat prayer for your own convenience. Remember Eedo is always watching and reading huuno

Just tell your manager the truth! I’m sure he would understand. Also if you have a dilemma about praying on time and working, ask a sheikh or a scholar, they are more qualified to answer that for you.

If you can’t find a Sheikh or a scholar to answer your question, then Email your questions directly to this website, Islamqa.

Link: https://islamqa.info/en

I know what u r saying about office gossip tho, it is really a cancer that eats u
And what about it?

949DF691-5C0F-4C3F-A6A0-0FBFF8C4459A.jpeg

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
No, I’m new here. I read your posts on here and thought you were funny:ftw9nwa:

Welcome dear. *squinting eyes*

Well, i was saying, office gossip can be bad for the morale, especially if u r trying to hide a secret. :)

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It literally mad me sick few times. I am a person that never gets sick except when under the weather.very toxic.

Interesting, what makes u sick about it? Is it the gossip they say about others or yourself? Obviously they have said something about u, dont say it here of course, but did they say something about u?

Interesting, what makes u sick about it? Is it the gossip they say about others or yourself? Obviously they have said something about u, dont say it here of course, but did they say something about u?
No in my face.it was just constant backbiting and backstabbing.they would roll their eyes here there. It was 95% women. Bot only did it made me sick it also made reconsider my career choice.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
No in my face.it was just constant backbiting and backstabbing.they would roll their eyes here there. It was 95% women. Bot only did it made me sick it also made reconsider my career choice.

Sweety u know women by nature gossip right? U do understand this. R u a tom boy? U should know this.

My one vice that i cannot fight with intellectual powers is the love of gossip. I love gossip more than Power & wealth, which is saying something

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Tell him warya I gotta go pray and if he tries to fire you gather up the beesha and jump him :fittytousand: tell him you’re landheere if you really wanna apply the pressure

Trending