Dilemma sending money back home

Hey guys I am a lurker but don't usually post. I know this is a public forum but thought I would just get rid of something in my mind and see what others may have done if they were in my situation.

So I have a dilemma where I was raised in the west by my Aunt but my family where in africa so my mum passed away when I was young and my dad married a aunt of mine, I bill my dad’s wife (Who is also my aunt) and I bill my brothers and sisters who also live in another african country been doing this for the past 9 years.

My stepmom(Also aunt) constantly asks for money any chance she gets. I always send it. I sent money for stupid reasons , it got to the point now where it's really bothering me. Every month I send her $100. She lives in a family owned house so I sent her money yesterday. Today she texted me saying could send us some money so she can do some shopping for my dad who’s arriving soon back to Somalia from another african country. This really annoyed the hell out of me as the money I said is for food.

Am I overthinking this? Shall I just stay silence or shall I just the money

$100 wont actually last, it’s just a courtesy you put in a effort, if that’s all you can do it’s whatever

Ozworld

La helaa La waayaa
I know exactly what you mean bro, i would advice you to just send it, if not you can always block her number and ignore her like alot of people do.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
What is your dad doing? He should be the one proving for them. Stay silent and let your dad come home to a house with no food it's his responsibility after all.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Your not obligated to take care of her, as long as your siblings and your dad is living a healthy life you don’t have to give them shit. Your only job is to make sure they aren’t homeless or starving.

Hey guys I am a lurker but don't usually post. I know this is a public forum but thought I would just get rid of something in my mind and see what others may have done if they were in my situation.

So I have a dilemma where I was raised in the west by my Aunt but my family where in africa so my mum passed away when I was young and my dad married a aunt of mine, I bill my dad’s wife (Who is also my aunt) and I bill my brothers and sisters who also live in another african country been doing this for the past 9 years.

My stepmom(Also aunt) constantly asks for money any chance she gets. I always send it. I sent money for stupid reasons , it got to the point now where it's really bothering me. Every month I send her $100. She lives in a family owned house so I sent her money yesterday. Today she texted me saying could send us some money so she can do some shopping for my dad who’s arriving soon back to Somalia from another african country. This really annoyed the hell out of me as the money I said is for food.

U dont have boundaries sxb. After this month come up with an excuse to send her a fixed amount every month and be assertive abt it.
Tell her to stretch her money wisely and that u can afford only a certain amount of lacag. Then youll be good.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Do not fall for it. Somalis in Africa will take advantage of you if you are weak. My friends half sister from Denmark went to Garowe, and called her half brother for money to invest in business, It was a loan. He sent her $8000.00-she took that money and married a man in Garowe. She is in her 60s. WHY the fk would u need Gu.s at 60???? that part annoyed me most than anything,

Anyway, my friend flew to Garowe to confront her, and involve odeeys chiefs who said bring the receipts u sent her money from dhabab shiil. She basically didn't want to pay the loan. As soon as he arrived in Garowe-- she flew to Denmark, and is awaiting for the brother to go back to US so she can go back to her husband,

ratchet. Don't let them take u for a fool. Challenge them.

Trending