Different Somali phenotypes/ looks

Som

VIP
Same thing goes for us Sudanis lmao. Anyone with an appearance that goes beyond the typical look of a tribe either through being "too-Arab looking" or "too Nilotic-looking" is always undermined and has their identity questioned or discredited.

There's people for example from Sudan's Beja ethnicity, they generally look very similar to Somalis but a couple of them are almost exactly the same in appearance to Southern Nilotes and vice versa, a couple appear to be very "Arab/Semitic" in appearance.
Yes. I've seen some Beja people they could pass as Somali anytime. I can't believe they are more Eurasian than us, probably 5-10% difference is minuscule when it comes to looks
1675514460685.png

Som

VIP
I noticed that there is usually, but not always, an inverse relationship between skin depth and hair texture.

The darkest Somalis are more likely to have wavy hair and sharper features and the lightest frequently have type 4a hair and more blunt features. The majority of us fall somewhere between these on the spectrum.
Yes i know two brothers who are like this. One is very dark and somewhat stereotypically black African in his facial features (still within the Somali spectrum) but has straight hair. The other one has extremely sharp features and lighter skin but 4b like hair

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Type 2 doesn’t look semetic to me but I feel like I see a lot of somalis in Minnesota that look like that. Type 1 is typical somali, not uncommon at all. Type 3 is also typical but with the straight hair it’s not so common.

I noticed that there is usually, but not always, an inverse relationship between skin depth and hair texture.

The darkest Somalis are more likely to have wavy hair and sharper features and the lightest frequently have type 4a hair and more blunt features. The majority of us fall somewhere between these on the spectrum.

cadcad Arabs and Bantus marry each other usually.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Let me present you some of the most unique somali looks. I have for a while looked at some of the´e striking looks/physiognomy the somali soldiers / militia men have. They look formidable and very few somalis have their look, especially in the diaspora. They are very darkskinned with white teeth and the yellow/red eyes which is caused by having melanin in eyes.

” The cold-blooded” look

DCDF319E-274E-4848-A8E0-3B74101F3088.jpeg

The man holding the machine gun has a striking look. Hawkish eyes and fiery face, you can see the confidence.

” The confident look”

E25C61D7-F37A-46E2-9AA1-B97F96F050CF.jpeg

This is a screenshot I took from a video. The man here has said he is not afraid of dying andd if bullets hit him then its the will of God. A soft spoken man.

Attachments

• 1675521308862.png
    1675521308862.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 49

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The east african alphas for sure. Of course not excusing the bad actions of the oppressors among them.
Absolutely, Im not excusing any of the militia men actions.

Here is Abshir Boyah, a fisherman and a former pirate. 6'4 or 194 cm, crispy white teeth and a hairline accompanied with his darkskin. I aspire to look like him.

1675524514672.png

1675524670728.png

Skip to 9:30 to see him talk, the man was a real nigga.

Som

VIP
Type 2 doesn’t look semetic to me but I feel like I see a lot of somalis in Minnesota that look like that. Type 1 is typical somali, not uncommon at all. Type 3 is also typical but with the straight hair it’s not so common.
Type 2 isn't semitic but it can blend as dark skinned yemeni maybe. He could only pass in Yemen , Oman and not in any other Arab country
Let me present you some of the most unique somali looks. I have for a while looked at some of the´e striking looks/physiognomy the somali soldiers / militia men have. They look formidable and very few somalis have their look, especially in the diaspora. They are very darkskinned with white teeth and the yellow/red eyes which is caused by having melanin in eyes.

” The cold-blooded” look

View attachment 252232

The man holding the machine gun has a striking look. Hawkish eyes and fiery face, you can see the confidence.

” The confident look”

View attachment 252233
This is a screenshot I took from a video. The man here has said he is not afraid of dying andd if bullets hit him then its the will of God. A soft spoken man.
Dude with the gun is legit scary

World

VIP
Type 2 isn't semitic but it can blend as dark skinned yemeni maybe. He could only pass in Yemen , Oman and not in any other Arab country

Someone like Karaash could pass in Yemen/Oman and is a better example IMO

2CF01C91-D5F2-41D7-AE90-2614F8514C75.jpeg

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Its his face. The guy is not huge or in anyway physically imposing but if I would walk past him I would shit my pants. He looks calm and collected, not crazy. Ice in his veins.

Garaad diinle

 
Absolutely, Im not excusing any of the militia men actions.

Here is Abshir Boyah, a fisherman and a former pirate. 6'4 or 194 cm, crispy white teeth and a hairline accompanied with his darkskin. I aspire to look like him.

View attachment 252236

View attachment 252237

Skip to 9:30 to see him talk, the man was a real nigga.
I've actually noticed that all my elders and these born before me have good looking bodies and teeth. It might be the diet or the environment. It's been a while since i went to the gym and although my weight is great i'd say the ratio of muscle and fat is skewed towards more fat than muscle.

That being said i actually have a muscular shaped body. I've been asked if i go to the gym a number of times. I think somalis nerfed themselves and we're all capable of obtaining such physics. All we need is a proper geeljire health guru to get us back on track. We're not herders no more and the gains of pastoralism needs to be obtained in an alternative manner.

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I've actually noticed that all my elders and these born before me have good looking bodies and teeth. It might be the diet or the environment. It's been a while since i went to the gym and although my weigh is great i'd say the ratio of muscle and fat is skewed towards more fat than muscle. That being said i actually have a muscular shaped body. I've been asked if i go to the gym a number of times. I think somalis nerfed themselves and we're all capable of obtaining such physics. All we need is a proper geeljire health guru to get back on track. We're not herders no more and the gains of pastoralism needs to be obtained in an alternative manner.
I have noticed the same. Most older folks have straight teeth and unless they were smoking or drank fluoride rich water, their teeth are also very white. They also have good face deveploment.

Its the environment and diet. They were active and ate hard meat ( cooked well done) and exercised whether through their lifestyle (farmer, herder etc) or through sports (my dad and my uncles played sports especially football everyday). Thats why they have good bodies. Unfortunately most have developed the pot belly:kendrickcry:

Most somalis have good bodies to gain muscle and contrary to the popular belief, I think somali diet if optimised is very well suited for muscle building. Only thing somalis need to do is cut down on carbs, eat more meat and vegetables.

I have a very wide shoulders, enormous back and not so skinny calves. I know I would look awesome if I went to gym consistently ( my main problem) I would look awesome.

I have noticed the same. Most older folks have straight teeth and unless they were smoking or drank fluoride rich water, their teeth are also very white. They also have good face deveploment.

Its the environment and diet. They were active and ate hard meat ( cooked well done) and exercised whether through their lifestyle (farmer, herder etc) or through sports (my dad and my uncles played sports especially football everyday). Thats why they have good bodies. Unfortunately most have developed the pot belly:kendrickcry:

Most somalis have good bodies to gain muscle and contrary to the popular belief, I think somali diet if optimised is very well suited for muscle building. Only thing somalis need to do is cut down on carbs, eat more meat and vegetables.

I have a very wide shoulders, enormous back and not so skinny calves. I know I would look awesome if I went to gym consistently ( my main problem) I would look awesome.
Somalis need to cut down on portion sizes in general when eating. Habo's dump you 4 laxoox's in the morning a full plate of bariis for lunch and a full plate of baasto in the afternoon. With all the meats and carbs that's easily like 3500 calories a day :dead: other than the laxoos I don't see much wrong with this diet if the portion sizes are laid uncercontrol and adding a little more fruits & vegetables than just a 🍌 like you said lol.

Garaad diinle

 
Somalis need to cut down on portion sizes in general when eating. Habo's dump you 4 laxoox's in the morning a full plate of bariis for lunch and a full plate of baasto in the afternoon. With all the meats and carbs that's easily like 3500 calories a day :dead: other than the laxoos I don't see much wrong with this diet if the portion sizes are laid uncercontrol and adding a little more fruits & vegetables than just a 🍌 like you said lol.
Dude i eat 6 laxooxs in the morning granted it's not every morning. Two days of the week we fill our self full with everything wither it's sabaayad or lasagne other than that i usually eat once or twice a day for the rest of the week so a pseudo intermittent fasting if you would.

Dude i eat 6 laxooxs in the morning granted it's not every morning. Two days of the week we fill our self full with everything wither it's sabaayad or lasagne other than that i usually eat once or twice a day for the rest of the week so a pseudo intermittent fasting if you would.
Bro I related so hard with the 2 days of feasting than the pseudo fast afterwards :lolbron: during the pseudo fasts wallahi if I eat more than once in the day it's guaranteed I'll have some sort of indigestion

Som

VIP
Someone like Karaash could pass in Yemen/Oman and is a better example IMO

View attachment 252239
Does he have Arab Salah ancestry? This could explain it. I'm MX so no Arab recent ancestry but i have relatives that look like that , maybe just a bit darker but it similar. At the same time I have very dark people in my family as well

Som

VIP

True. If you read Gaalo colonial reports on somali they all agree on one thing: somalis were well built, not naturally muscular but still healthy looking and very fit. The diaspora boomers have many diseases while odayaasha iyo habraha back home are fit. There's more infections and untreated disease back home but if someone is middle class in Somalia , doesn't smoke, doesn't chew khat and doesn't eat sweets it's almost guaranteed they are going to look healthier than somalis in the west even after 65-70 years of age

Trending