Did your family fought in the Ogaden War ?

My uncle did. I heard a story of how he was made to join the army by force to go fight in the war. He was my grandfather's oldest son.

My family haven't heard from him since. He most probably died in the war. AUN.

A lot of people who fought in that war are not even confirmed to be dead or alive.

Yes on both sides of my family, I believe one died during the battle of harar yet his body wasn’t returned, so I’m guessing he died in an airstrike or artillery barrage.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
What was his experience like did he think that it was a good decision to ight that war
I don't know but my father told me they were, one of them was injured in the war and was shot in the leg, he left to hargesia to get treated and that is where he met the love of his life. She was issaq.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
My uncle was a Major. :PrayForMe:
1690127577865.png

Somalia used a small Professional trained army during the war not a mass public mobilization.
My Parents used to cook dinners for a school teacher in lasanood. He was a trained suicide bomber he ran into a big ethiopian army depot and blew himself during that summer of 1977. Those were the times when men were getting to blow their bodies for Somali Nationalism

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
i think so, i wish we didn't rush to war and instead explored other options to protect our people in occupied region :)

Somalia used a small Professional trained army during the war not a mass public mobilization.
My Parents used to cook dinners for a school teacher in lasanood. He was a trained suicide bomber he ran into a big ethiopian army depot and blew himself during that summer of 1977. Those were the times when men were getting to blow their bodies for Somali Nationalism
ver honorable if true

Trending