Did you know we have our own calendar?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
There’s no use for it. It’s why amharoz are stuck behind centuries. We only need two calendars. Leave it in the past. Y’all really want us to be uncivilized. It’s a pretty cool thing and it’s good to remember as tariq but we won’t be using it :gucciwhat:

There’s no use for it. It’s why amharoz are stuck behind centuries. We only need two calendars. Leave it in the past. Y’all really want us to be uncivilized. It’s a pretty cool thing and it’s good to remember as tariq but we won’t be using it :gucciwhat:
we can implement it bro ,it doesnt mean u have to follow the herd i admire ethiopians for keeping their culture u should too.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
we can implement it bro ,it doesnt mean u have to follow the herd i admire ethiopians for keeping their culture u should too.
We still use these words. In fact they taught us somali seasons in Minnesota. It’s not lost and the new generation is learning it.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
6414...That's quite the specific date.:icon lol: From what I heard, the current date of Nayruuska/dabshidka is actually half that number. This summer we'll be entering the year 3119, lol.

As for where I got that number, you'll have to ask these odays: https://twitter.com/odaykasheekee

Every new year, these odays make Somali horoscope predictions. For those of you who understand somali, you're missing out walaahi :qosol: This year's predictions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From what I know, the dabshid calendar in that tweet was created by some students in Hargeisa Uni. That calendar may work in western regions of SL & Somali Galbeed, but it wouldn't work in other parts of Somali territories as they use different terms. Not to mention, how seasons change depending on where you are in Somaliweyn.
For instance, reer NFD have a long gu' season(5 months or so) + a super short dayr season and in other places it's the complete opposite. That's why we can never have "standardized" Somali calendar, imo.

Recently, they made Somali names for the weekdays, but I heard some people were not too happy about it cause they use different terms for the weekdays, like lammin, koodar etc.

Last edited:
6414...That's quite the specific date.:icon lol: From what I heard, the current date of Nayruuska/dabshidka is actually half that number. This summer we'll be entering the year 3119, lol.

As for where I got that number, you'll have to ask these odays: https://twitter.com/odaykasheekee

Every new year, these odays make Somali horoscope predictions. For those of you who understand somali, you're missing out walaahi :qosol: This year's predictions:

From what I know, the dabshid calendar in that tweet was created by some students in Hargeisa Uni. That calendar may work in western regions of SL & Somali Galbeed, but it wouldn't work in other parts of Somali territories as they use different terms. Not to mention, how seasons change depending on where you are in Somaliweyn.
For instance, reer NFD have a long gu' season(5 months or so) + a super short dayr season and in other places it's the complete opposite. That's why we can never have "standardized" Somali calendar, imo.

Recently, they made Somali names for the weekdays, but I heard some people were not too happy about it cause they use different terms for the weekdays, like lammin, koodar etc.
Dusa:dead:

what happend too jimco

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Richard Burton described it during the 1800s:

The Somal divide their year into four seasons:—

1. Gugi (monsoon, from “Gug,” rain) begins in April, is violent for forty-four days and subsides in
August. Many roads may be traversed at this season, which are death in times of drought; the country becomes “Barwako “(in Arabic Rakha, a place of plenty,) forage and water abound, the air is temperate, and the light showers enliven the traveller.

2. Haga is the hot season after the monsoon, and corresponding with our autumn: the country suffers from the Fora, a violent dusty Simum, which is allayed by a fall of rain called Karan.

3. Dair, the beginning of the cold season, opens the sea to shipping. The rain which then falls is called Dairti or Hais: it comes with a west-south-west wind from the hills of Harar.

4. Jilal is the dry season from December to April. The country then becomes Abar (in Arabic Jahr,) a
place of famine: the Nomads migrate to the low plains, where pasture is procurable. Some reckon as a fifth season Kalil, or the heats between Jilal and the monsoon.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
Richard Burton described it during the 1800s:

The Somal divide their year into four seasons:—

1. Gugi (monsoon, from “Gug,” rain) begins in April, is violent for forty-four days and subsides in
August. Many roads may be traversed at this season, which are death in times of drought; the country becomes “Barwako “(in Arabic Rakha, a place of plenty,) forage and water abound, the air is temperate, and the light showers enliven the traveller.

2. Haga is the hot season after the monsoon, and corresponding with our autumn: the country suffers from the Fora, a violent dusty Simum, which is allayed by a fall of rain called Karan.

3. Dair, the beginning of the cold season, opens the sea to shipping. The rain which then falls is called Dairti or Hais: it comes with a west-south-west wind from the hills of Harar.

4. Jilal is the dry season from December to April. The country then becomes Abar (in Arabic Jahr,) a
place of famine: the Nomads migrate to the low plains, where pasture is procurable. Some reckon as a fifth season Kalil, or the heats between Jilal and the monsoon.
Gu varies based on location In Somaliweyn. In hawd and the Cal madow mountains, Gu is from march to may.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Dusa:dead:

what happend too jimco
Lol did they lie, though?
56-5b4314210164.jpg
Friday night: habeenka dusidda & xiinka
tenor.gif

The names for the weekdays we use now are all Arabic. The point is to replace them with Somali ones. The days are named after planets. Dusa/dusaa= Mercury

Tht is arabic i think
Why do you think that?

Trending

Latest posts