Did Thomas Sankara Attack the Quran?

The title is not clickblait. I legitimately think he attacked the Quran.

2:34 I think is when he mentions the Quran. You have to go back earlier for context, though.

I've had this against Sankara for a long time. He is a very praised historical figure, I don't really have an opinion on him as a historical figure. I'm not attacking or defending him. I just don't agree with what he said about the Quran.

If we accepted Sankara's premise- wouldn't it be an attack on the authority of the Quran?

The Quran is a guide for all humanity and even for jinn.

I do think what Sankara said was blasphemous and I have a problem with it.

I think there are two issues I'd like to mention

1-seemingly, he doesn't understand sharia.

2-seemingly, he doesn't understand basics of Islamic economics.

If he understood these two, I think he would have realized that Islam already differentiates, for example, between a thief who doesn't have an excuse and someone who snatches a loaf of bread because they're hungry. I think he would have also recognized the inherent problem of usury. I don't claim to understand Islamic economics myself but I just mean understanding that riba is prohibited. I think he should have attacked usury itself and not only the debt.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
He's a gaal. He had a gameplan for the country's development which was religiously neutral because there were both Christians and muslim in Burkina Faso.
He had a cultural approach on things because that's the thing that unites them.

Had he been muslim, it would be different however that military regime was communist so it wouldnt make a big difference.

He was a better visionary and more compassionate leader than all the muslim leaders for the past 100 years. Muslim leaders only enforce sharia but rarely follow them

He's a gaal. He had a gameplan for the country's development which was religiously neutral because there were both Christians and muslim in Burkina Faso.
He had a cultural approach on things because that's the thing that unites them.

Had he been muslim, it would be different however that military regime was communist so it wouldnt make a big difference.

He was a better visionary and more compassionate leader than all the muslim leaders for the past 100 years. Muslim leaders only enforce sharia but rarely follow them

he's very popular and I think I've seen him cited as one of the greatest African leaders of the twentieth century. I do think he's very important. I think a lot of people have given up on the sort of ideals he represented and I think therefore that those ideals are as relevant as ever if not even more relevant today.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
he's very popular and I think I've seen him cited as one of the greatest African leaders of the twentieth century. I do think he's very important. I think a lot of people have given up on the sort of ideals he represented and I think therefore that those ideals are as relevant as ever if not even more relevant today.
100%

My nigga Kagame and Rwanda is the closest manifestation of the Sankara ideology.

Trending