Did Bollywood/Indian films die out among Somalis/Arabs?

Is it just me or am I noticing Somalis are lest interested in watching Bollywood/Indian films like they were in the past? I remember when I used to live in Somalia/Middle East, Bollywood and Indian films were common but it looks like people are less interested nowadays.

What happened lately?

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
Is it just me or am I noticing Somalis are lest interested in watching Bollywood/Indian films like they were in the past? I remember when I used to live in Somalia/Middle East, Bollywood and Indian films were common but it looks like people are less interested nowadays.

What happened lately?
Turkish is the new wave my friend. The bollywood era was cringe as shit lol. Turkish one probably is as well

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1643368805001.png

Turkish is all the rage back home nowadays. I was always fascinated by the barely educated girls who would learn a moderate amount of Arabic or Hindi just from watching movies/shows. Korean is also up and coming.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Kkkkkkk I vividly remember a bunch of boys in a Somali city all watching a Bollywood film with Somali voice overs on a very tiny tv with terrible colour and contrast. It was like an 18 inch screen. There were like 50 gambars and we were all sitting there and we paid boqol shilling to watch the movie. Hehe. This was in 2005 and I was bored out of my mind. It was full of horny 15-20 year old guys who were getting excited over the Hindi women. I had no clue what was the meaning of watching this but I then figured out years later this was their parno. Lol

The struggle was real back then. 2005 in the west was a struggle. Can you imagine the struggle of 2005 in Somalia? There was no such thing as cold water to drink. The bottled water was warm and there was no internet or phones. Somalia in 2005 was honestly a prison sentence. Our fun time was walking in the bush looking for graves. Somalis used flat gravestones back then surprisingly. No one spoke English.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
I almost forgot. The electricity would only come on at night time for like 3 hours. Not even the wealthy and the President had electricity 24/7. Everyone used lanterns that lit up with matches and you took that with you if you had to kaadi at 1 am. It felt like the 1700s. You couldn't even have a snack or drink unsafe water. You had to wait until 5 am until the maids woke up.

It's for the better Bollywood sucks, and I would rather Somalis be obsessed with Turkish and Korean shows than the cringey and awful Bollywood movies.