Did Arabs treat slaves worse than Americans?

I want to know which year being black was synonymous with being a slave
Plenty of races were slaves but for some reason you would think only blacks were slaves lol

You're forgetting the fact that Arabs do not practise the one-drop rule like Americans, so Arabs have absorbed a lot of black slaves. Many Arabs have black DNA with some having as high as 20-30%.

The way America was able to multiply their slaves is through rape, and then classifying the child as being 'black' despite some slaves being overwhelming 75% white. That is why till this day people like Mariah Carey are seen as 'black'. At one point, having on black grandparent was enough for you to be considered a slave. For Arabs, only having a black grandmother meant you were a free Arab man or woman.
wow
You didn't know Africans had slaves?
I knew but i never knew Ethiopians castrated their slaves i only thought it was the white ones. I didn't even know Arabs did that damn

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if @Halimak had a degree in AA studies from her local college. She knows more about AA history than her own culture.:mjlol:

This is a thread about Arab slavery and I answered the question in depth.
I'm into history in general, Arab,Somali, ancient Rome, Greek ect.

You don't know what I know about Somali daqaan, so what are you talking about? What makes you think I don't know Somali history?

What a nacaas.

You don't know what I know about Somali daqaan, so what are you talking about? What makes you think I don't about Somali history?

What a nacaas.
He was kidding.

You don't know what I know about Somali daqaan, so what are you talking about? What makes you think I don't know Somali history?

What a nacaas.
I was just playin

Last edited:
Arab slavery was very different to that of white slavery. For starters, it wasn't chattel slavery and children born to slave mothers and free Arab fathers were not enslaved and seen as slaves. They were free citizens. Nor were they looked down upon or seen as tainted.

Also, Arabs enslaved all types of people, black, white, fellow Arabs, Persians you name it. In the early days, slavery wasn't just associated with blackness the way, Americans did. It was associated with defeat.

Furthermore, during the American slave trade, whites used the story of Ham and other biblical scriptures to justify killing and enslaving black people. Whilst iother civilisations such as the Romans, Greeks and Arabs regarded slavery as an outcome of battle defeat and domination, Americans believed that black people were born to be slaves, they looked at them as being inherently inferior, a group bereft of humanity. That type of thinking is pretty unique, considering slavery has existed for millenia.
Lol they also sang kumbaya with their masters stop trying to downplay it

Trending