Did Arabs treat slaves worse than Americans?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Arabs would castrate black slaves and Cadaans would force them to have sex :hmm:

I think you can guess which one I would pick :fredo:

Arab slavery was very different to that of white slavery. For starters, it wasn't chattel slavery and children born to slave mothers and free Arab fathers were not enslaved and seen as slaves. They were free citizens. Nor were they looked down upon or seen as tainted.

Also, Arabs enslaved all types of people, black, white, fellow Arabs, Persians you name it. In the early days, slavery wasn't just associated with blackness the way, Americans did. It was associated with defeat.

Furthermore, during the American slave trade, whites used the story of Ham and other biblical scriptures to justify killing and enslaving black people. Whilst iother civilisations such as the Romans, Greeks and Arabs regarded slavery as an outcome of battle defeat and domination, Americans believed that black people were born to be slaves, they looked at them as being inherently inferior, a group bereft of humanity. That type of thinking is pretty unique, considering slavery has existed for millenia.

Last edited:
Arab slavery was very different to that of white slavery. For starters, it wasn't chattel slavery and children born to slave mothers and free Arab fathers were not enslaved and seen as slaves. They were free citizens. Nor were they looked down upon or seen as tainted.

Also, Arabs enslaved all types of people, black, white, fellow Arabs, Persians you name it. In the early days, slavery wasn't just associated with blackness the way, Americans did. It was associated with defeat.

Furthermore, during the American slave trade, whites used the story of Ham and other biblical scriptures to justify killing and enslaving black people. Whilst iother civilisations such as the Romans, Greeks and Arabs regarded slavery as an outcome of battle defeat and domination, Americans believed that black people were born to be slaves, they looked at them as being inherently inferior, a group bereft of humanity. That type of thinking is pretty unique, considering slavery has existed for millenia.
Nevertheless if you ended up as a male slave in arab hands they'll castrate you right? :kendrickcry::urgh:

Nevertheless if you ended up as a male slave in arab hands they'll castrate you right? :kendrickcry::urgh:

Very rare I imagine...

Mostly Only in the houses of the rulers or the ultra rich who had harems. Castrated men would guard the women. Tbh, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this practise originate from the Ottomans? Were Arabs castrating their slaves pre-1300s?

Last edited:
Very rare I imagine...

Mostly Only in the houses of the rulers or the ultra rich who had harems. Castrated men would guard the women. Tbh, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this practise originate from the Ottomans? Where Arabs castrating their slaves pre-1300s?
No I think they used to castrate all male slaves.. And the reason as you mentioned above why slave women and arab men offsprings weren't considered as slaves is because of the arab culture is due to patriarchy system similar to the Somali system.. If the child was fathered by a black man with arab mother they wouldn't be considered an arab

No I think they used to castrate all male slaves.. And the reason as you mentioned above why slave women and arab men offsprings weren't considered as slaves is because of the arab culture is due to patriarchy system similar to the Somali system.. If the child was fathered by a black man with arab mother they wouldn't be considered an arab

I highly doubt they were castrating ALL slaves in the early days as the Quraan and Sunnah empathises on the haramness of mutilation. After the first couple of generations people definitely started to become less practising I suppose.

All cultures pre-1960s were patriarchal. American culture was very male dominated, but the reason why slave kids born to slave mothers were still seen as 'black' was that blackness was seen as a curse. It was seen as dirty and polluting the white race, Arabs clearly didn't see it that way. Also, both Arab men and women could legally free their slaves and marry them. In America, such a thing would never be accepted as even as 'free' people marrying black people was never considered acceptable.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
I highly doubt they were castrating ALL slaves in the early days as the Quraan and Sunnah empathises on the haramness of mutilation. After the first couple of generations people definitely started to become less practising I suppose.

All cultures pre-1960s were patriarchal. American culture was very male dominated, but the reason why slave kids born to slave mothers were still seen as 'black' was that blackness was seen as a curse. It was seen as dirty and polluting the white race, Arabs clearly didn't see it that way. Also, both Arab men and women could legally free their slaves and marry them. In America, such a thing would never be accepted as even as 'free' people marrying black people was never considered acceptable.
The slaves were castrated before they arrived. This is so the male slaves couldn't sleep with their wives

Last edited:
Both white male and black male slaves would be castrated and used as soldiers to die in war or protect their wifes. The slaves were castrated before they arrived by Eithopians. The white ones were castrated by Romans i think before they arrived. This is why the slave men never had offspring.

That wouldn't be possible to castrate all, for the simple fact that even in Arab culture, slavery was something you could be born into. If your father and mother were slaves, you would be a slave. It is how some Arabs had slaves that have been in the family for generation as they were sons and daughters of slaves. Also, slave men could marry with the permission of his slaver.

That is another reason why I doubt that all slaves were castrated or that the majority were. Also, how is it possible that the Arab world still has a sizeable full black Afro-Arab community who descend from slave ancestry?

Last edited:

Prettymuslim94

Prettymuslim94

That wouldn't be possible to castrate all, for the simple fact that even in Arab culture, slavery was something you could be born into. If your father and mother were slaves, you would be a slave. It is how some Arabs had slaves that have been in the family for generation as they were sons and daughters of slaves. Also, slave men could marry with the permission of his slaver.

That is another reason why I doubt that all slaves were castrated or that the majority were. Also, how is it possible that the Arab world still has a sizeable full black Afro-Arab community who descend from slave ancestry?
All slaves weren't castrated because their were some imported without being castrated and then their nice masters didn't castrate them.

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Very rare I imagine...

Mostly Only in the houses of the rulers or the ultra rich who had harems. Castrated men would guard the women. Tbh, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this practise originate from the Ottomans? Were Arabs castrating their slaves pre-1300s?
I think it originated from the Unsullied

Prettymuslim94

Most afro arabs have a male arab ansector btw. Their are some who didn't even mix with arab blood but that population is super small. I know about afro-Arabs I've seen them in saudi Arabia along with black arabs(dark arabs).

Shmurda

King Of NSFW

If castration on black slaves in the middle east was rare then Madow folk would account for at least 30% of middle east population

If castration on black slaves in the middle east was rare then Madow folk would account for at least 30% of middle east population

You're forgetting the fact that Arabs do not practise the one-drop rule like Americans, so Arabs have absorbed a lot of black slaves. Many Arabs have black DNA with some having as high as 20-30%.

The way America was able to multiply their slaves is through rape, and then classifying the child as being 'black' despite some slaves being overwhelming 75% white. That is why till this day people like Mariah Carey are seen as 'black'. At one point, having on black grandparent was enough for you to be considered a slave. For Arabs, only having a black grandmother meant you were a free Arab man or woman.

Last edited:

Prettymuslim94

Btw I'm pretty sure no Somali was taken to the middle east as slaves. If i remember right it was only bantus.