Diaspora town

secularism is good but within a long and established time frame where religion and secularism can be together. however not the kind of extreme secularism that happens in france.

Here is a great idea , why don't we develop a new state in Somalia only for secular diasporans. Niqab / Jilbaab will be banned and you need to be educated overseas to live in the city. The town can be in Somaliland awdal region since that has the best weather and is relatively peaceful.

Some rules to follow in the town:

1. Hijab is okay but giant disgusting suugo stained jilbaabs made in china are banned.

Ban niqab? the whole world wears one now. Back off or Allah will send another disaster to show you how silly you are. Stop oppressing people
2. People must be productive within the city and will need to go under a background check.
3. Khat is banned.
4. Non-Diasporans cannot enter the city.

Add some more ideas below.

@DR OSMAN any more ideas?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
1. the most corrupt nation on earth
2. Khat/Drug usage
3. Tribalistic
4. Longest country on earth that is a failed state
5. Piracy and Islamic extremism.
He has a point here, we claim to be following Islam when we act like barbaric, and this applies to other Muslim Nations too. Corruption is Haram, yet it thrives. Khat is Haram and yet its normal, tribalism with intention of superiority over others is Xaram, random killing of a person due to being from the same tribe as a killer, and illegal actions to gain money, individual and as a state is of course Xaram.

Somalis are madax adheeg nomads, nothing is going to stop rowdy and arrogant, even in the diaspora. Somalis are also disorganized and lazy, I speak from experience. They're short-sighted and impatient people, which means they wouldn't do anything that wouldn't give them instant gratification.

I also noticed that, in recent times, Somalis have become easily demotivated. We need an aspirant leader to kick them out of their lazy pessimism. Believe me, they would change when they see a small light of positivity.

Somalis are madax adheeg nomads, nothing is going to stop rowdy and arrogant, even in the diaspora. Somalis are also disorganized and lazy, I speak from experience. They're short-sighted and impatient people, which means they wouldn't do anything that wouldn't give them instant gratification.

I also noticed that, in recent times, Somalis have become easily demotivated. We need an aspirant leader to kick them out of their lazy pessimism. Believe me, they would change when they see a small light of positivity.
How can you be motivated in Somalia, the capital is literally a giant shanty town with a significant amount of people starving in IDP slum camps. Of the good places within the capital you have to constantly watch out for explosions.

Diaspora have lived in safe developed regions with a functioning government. Consequently we have certain beliefs pertaining to how a government should run as well as how systems should be developed. For instance when i went to Hargeisa the toilet did not have a fan-ventilation system and instead simply had windows, this was peculiar to me since ventilation systems are not that difficult to install.

These little insights have a huge impact on living standards thus when developing a town only diasporas can truly build a functioning system, often mirroring working systems in the west with a little twist.

Diaspora towns filled with English speakers would be perfect for development since they could even attract foreign investment easier without the language power. Furthermore , Somali towns have negative connotations "Mogadishu" is not a place that comes to mind if i had 100 million dollars.

We can't fall complacent, the diaspora repatriation scheme must be developed.

He has a point here, we claim to be following Islam when we act like barbaric, and this applies to other Muslim Nations too. Corruption is Haram, yet it thrives. Khat is Haram and yet its normal, tribalism with intention of superiority over others is Xaram, random killing of a person due to being from the same tribe as a killer, and illegal actions to gain money, individual and as a state is of course Xaram.
The people on this forum haven't visited Somalia lol. Once on a trip to Boroma i was conversing with a women and she casually injected words like "f*ck your mother" in her vocabulary, of course she was wearing a giant jilbaab and her former husband was a khat addict who used to beat her before the divorce.

Cultural shifts take time, it will only occur when we segregate ourselves from the bad actors and attempt to rebuild through an external base of operations.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The people on this forum haven't visited Somalia lol. Once on a trip to Boroma i was conversing with a women and she casually injected words like "f*ck your mother" in her vocabulary, of course she was wearing a giant jilbaab and her former husband was a khat addict who used to beat her before the divorce.

Cultural shifts take time, it will only occur when we segregate ourselves from the bad actors and attempt to rebuild through an external base of operations.
Islam is the way for Somalia. We cannot pick and choose and most certainly disregard it for stupid purposes. But the major sins of corruption and murder must be eradicated beforehand. Swear words are the least of the problems, even though it isn't daqan Islam. Khat too, who legalised it and made it mainstream, I don't know. A social reform is needed.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Abdis shooting each other over petty crime. Somali women twerking on the streets. It will be a beautiful uncivilised shithole

Call it ghetto gate
:mjlol: :mjlol:
:mjlol:

A better idea for the Somali diasporans would be building a new smart city somewhere in Somalia. Of course this is assuming an ideal situation where Somalia is peaceful with a strong functioning government.:francis:

Some African countries are already doing this. All you need is people thinking big enough to come up with the idea. Then the biggest task is looking for investors to fund the development.

I say if a guy like Akon can come up with the idea of building a 6 billion dollars smart city in his homeland Senegal then so can Somali diasporans. The new smart city in Senegal pioneered by Akon will be called Akon city. We can have 'diaspora city' in Somalia :win:

Last edited:
Here is a great idea , why don't we develop a new state in Somalia only for secular diasporans. Niqab / Jilbaab will be banned and you need to be educated overseas to live in the city. The town can be in Somaliland awdal region since that has the best weather and is relatively peaceful.

Some rules to follow in the town:

1. Hijab is okay but giant disgusting suugo stained jilbaabs made in china are banned.
2. People must be productive within the city and will need to go under a background check.
3. Khat is banned.
4. Non-Diasporans cannot enter the city.

Add some more ideas below.

@DR OSMAN any more ideas?
Lol Idk why you got downvoted other than the diaspora only part cuz I’d want to see all educated and open minded Somalis there and I’d move there asap myself wallah.

Edit: Add banning low IQ individuals and misogynists and I’m all the way in!!❤️

Last edited:
Why is my thread being derailed, being secular does not mean you aren't Muslim. Otherwise the following countries populations aren't muslim:

West Bank Palestine
Indonesia
Bangladesh
Turkey
Mali
Cyprus (Turkey)
Senegal
Tunisia
Sudan

And alot more muslim majority nations. Weirdly enough the best muslim countries seem to be in the above list, even palestine is more advanced then Somalia.

There are many scholars who also oppose the Islamic State mindset such as Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im.

Regardless, convincing Somalia of the merits of secularism doesn't matter. A nation of uneducated camel nomads who dress like civilized Arabs can never succeed. We must setup safe towns filled only with intelligent diaspora free to develop economic sectors in Somalia.

The longer i stay in Somalia the more i hate the majority, drugged, lazy and faux zealous. Only 5% are changing Somalia/Somaliland and its mainly diasporans.
Fourth Nullifier of Islam :

Whoever believes that some guidance other than that of the Prophet’s (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is more complete than his guidance and that someone else’s judgement is better than his judgement, such as the one who prefers the judgement of the Tawaagheet (pl. of Taaghoot; false deities/religions) over his judgement, then he is a disbeliever.

Trending