Diaspora people come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I've never heard my parents curse or use vulgar words towards us or at anyone. Growing up I wasn't allowed to utter a vulgar word. Maybe that's why I curse online because of the freedom looool.

I grew up around my granny, so you better believe she taught us Afsomali. She used to tell us stories and mah mahs.

Bandit I want to give you a hug. That would have traumatized me.

Pretty much my life, but my grandma is a 2nd generation Somali-Kenyan so she struggles with Somali. I learned most of what I know online.:kendrickcry::meleshame:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
I've never heard my parents curse or use vulgar words towards us or at anyone. Growing up I wasn't allowed to utter a vulgar word. Maybe that's why I curse online because of the freedom looool.

I grew up around my granny, so you better believe she taught us Afsomali. She used to tell us stories and mah mahs.

Bandit I want to give you a hug. That would have traumatized me.
If only you knew my personality today is alot different then it was when I was little but constant mental abuse turned my personality 180:francis:Tbh thoe the constant years of getting put down getting treated like shit only made me stronger:kanyeshrug:Some of the traits I have today were made because of it I don't trust anybody, I don't show my feelings or emotions to anybody, and I don't let people's opinion bother me:kobeok:

Q

Queen Carawelo

If only you knew my personality today is alot different then it was when I was little but constant mental abuse turned my personality 180:francis:Tbh thoe the constant years of getting put down getting treated like shit only made me stronger:kanyeshrug:Some of the traits I have today were made because of it I don't trust anybody, I don't show my feelings or emotions to anybody, and I don't let people's opinion bother me:kobeok:
That really makes me sad. Do you think therapy would help stop this point? It makes me sad that you've trust issues and you don't share your feelings. If you need to talk to I'm here.

Mental health is THE biggest problem in the Somali community and no one talks about it. "This is a gaalo" problem is what everyone says. This was a topic on NPR today, the black community also believes this is a white people's problem. Strange.

Mental health is THE biggest problem in the Somali community and no one talks about it. "This is a gaalo" problem is what everyone says. This was a topic on NPR today, the black community also believes this is a white people's problem. Strange.
:whoa: Haven't you drank the koolaid, Somalis don't have problems

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Nobody in the house gave 2 fucks about anything most of my relatives didn't like each other my older sister and mom use to fight each other none stop in the early 2000s same as my mom and her sister my old man didn't like his only brother either
Multiplied that by the suspicion my grandma was poisoned by a one of the relatives:francis:I personally don't like my father or his father:francis:

That's tragic man :eminemdamn:
Take up Idman's advice because there is no shame in seeking professional help bruv. You need to make sure your kids don't grow up in a similar environment.

Dhakan ceilis class of 07-09 :shaq:
I graduated with honours
Them niggas though I was soft:damedamn: and wouldn't make it:drakelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending