Diaspora people come in

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who grew up in the west, my question is how you all learnt all of those "inappropriate" somali words.

I learnt words like waas from somali kinds at school but other words like kintir i never heard of (had to ask my hooyo :meleshame:)

You asked your mother what kintir means?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
As a person who grew up in the west, my question is how you all learnt all of those "inappropriate" somali words.

I learnt words like waas from somali kinds at school but other words like kintir i never heard of (had to ask my hooyo :meleshame:)

What was your mother's response ? " waa wax liga gooyey"

What an idiotic talk is this ?:hahaidiot::heh:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
My mom didn't have any filter when she spoke she calls my little sister all type of names for as long as I remember also she openly talked about rapes or anything whether we were around or not:damn:
It kind of seems normal to me tbh:francis:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
My mom didn't have any filter when she spoke she calls my little sister all type of names for as long as I remember also she openly talked about rapes or anything whether we were around or not:damn:

:dwill::eminemdamn:

That isn't normal at all. I never heard my parents using vulgar language. I don't even feel comfortable using the word 'shit' around them. What kind of household did you grow up in?:drakewtf:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

That isn't normal at all. I never heard my parents using vulgar language. I don't even feel comfortable using the word 'shit' around them. What kind of household did you grow up in?:drakewtf:

What kind of household did you grow up in?

:kanyehmm:

Only words like "naxaas" or "istubid" or "gaalada xuun" were used.

I learnt the "hoyooda waas" talk from other Somali homes I visited.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM

Nobody in the house gave 2 fucks about anything most of my relatives didn't like each other my older sister and mom use to fight each other none stop in the early 2000s same as my mom and her sister my old man didn't like his only brother either
Multiplied that by the suspicion my grandma was poisoned by a one of the relatives:francis:I personally don't like my father or his father:francis:

waraabe

Your superior
i grew up in hargeisa so i knew everything

although i never heard of kintir before meeting southies on the net

Duchess

VIP
Nobody in the house gave 2 fucks about anything most of my relatives didn't like each other my older sister and mom use to fight each other none stop in the early 2000s same as my mom and her sister my old man didn't like his only brother either
Multiplied that by the suspicion my grandma was poisoned by a one of the relatives:francis:I personally don't like my father or his father:francis:

That sounds traumatic.:mjcry:

The most my parents ever argued over was who got control of the remote and what we were having for dinner.:kobeok:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Sometimes when moms got pissed she'd call the sisters some ridiculous shit.:damn::damedamn: I had to go outside at times cause of this stupid nonsense. :mjcry:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
A stable two-parent household.:axvmm9o:

*triggered*

On some real shit tho, Somali households be wilder than a mf, you sound like you was livin some white sitcom or some shit.

I been called every name under the sun, mercilessly mocked, and imaginatively threatened by my folks and can't forget some legendary ass whoppins

:wow1:

Duchess

VIP
*triggered*

On some real shit tho, Somali households be wilder than a mf, you sound like you was livin some white sitcom or some shit.

I been called every name under the sun, mercilessly mocked, and imaginatively threatened by my folks and can't forget some legendary ass whoppins

:cryinglaughsmiley:@ "livin some white sitcom".

My fam would clown each other, but vulgar language and violence was a big no-no. Maybe my fam isn't the norm then.:patrice:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
*triggered*

:drakelaugh:Ninyow that feel you get when a sibling is getting karbashed and you sitting in a corner holding back your laughter but somehow the tables turn and you get a good ass whooping cause your sibling brings up some shit you did a while back.:francis:

Anyway after a good beating pops would take us out to :eating:Some good food.:mjlol:

Q

Queen Carawelo

I've never heard my parents curse or use vulgar words towards us or at anyone. Growing up I wasn't allowed to utter a vulgar word. Maybe that's why I curse online because of the freedom looool.

I grew up around my granny, so you better believe she taught us Afsomali. She used to tell us stories and mah mahs.

Bandit I want to give you a hug. That would have traumatized me.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers

:cryinglaughsmiley::damedamn::damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.